+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Vs. Super Visa for Parents.

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
Hi,

I'm in a fix to apply for TRV or Super Visa for my parents.
Here is the scenario:
  • Both of my parents are retired. (65+)
  • No travel history in last 10 years.
  • They own a building and live of rent from 12 apartments of that building.
  • Their bank activity is very minimal as they receive the rent in cash.
  • They don't have much savings, however, they have a fixed deposit which is couple years old and worth couple thousand dollars.
  • All my siblings are married and moved out. They are by themselves.
I am planning to apply for PR for them but it's gonna take 1+ year to process. So I have decided to apply for TRV or Super visa so that they can visit us next summer.

Now my questions are:
  1. Should I apply for TRV or Super visa?
  2. What documents should I submit to show country tie?
  3. Can I provide my financial documents instead of theirs?
  4. They can't find the marriage certificate anymore. Is there any substitute for this?

Thank you so much for taking your time and reading my post.

iamhayer

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Hi there as per best of my knowledge, They do need marriage certificate. They can use a CA report to show the value of the building as its their main asset in back home and proof of FDs. You need to show your income as well and sign a agreement that you will be responsible for their expenses in Canada. If you can afford a 100K insurance for each, go with Super Visa. Insurance will cost you around $2500 each. Good Luck

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

I'm in a fix to apply for TRV or Super Visa for my parents.
Here is the scenario:
  • Both of my parents are retired. (65+)
  • No travel history in last 10 years.
  • They own a building and live of rent from 12 apartments of that building.
  • Their bank activity is very minimal as they receive the rent in cash.
  • They don't have much savings, however, they have a fixed deposit which is couple years old and worth couple thousand dollars.
  • All my siblings are married and moved out. They are by themselves.
I am planning to apply for PR for them but it's gonna take 1+ year to process. So I have decided to apply for TRV or Super visa so that they can visit us next summer.

Now my questions are:
  1. Should I apply for TRV or Super visa?
As your parents don't have any active ties to return to their home country (no employment, no dependents, no compelling reason, financial situation is not strong, no travel history), they could apply for super visas if you are eligible.

What documents should I submit to show country tie?
Super visas don't rely too much on strong ties. Instead you need to prove you have the financial resources to support their stay for up to two years on initial entry.

Can I provide my financial documents instead of theirs?
No, not for TRVs. For super visas, yes.

They can't find the marriage certificate anymore. Is there any substitute for this?
Your birth certificate which states their names as your parents

Reactions: all_iz_well

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
As your parents don't have any active ties to return to their home country (no employment, no dependents, no compelling reason, financial situation is not strong, no travel history), they could apply for super visas if you are eligible.

Super visas don't rely too much on strong ties. Instead you need to prove you have the financial resources to support their stay for up to two years on initial entry.

No, not for TRVs. For super visas, yes.

Your birth certificate which states their names as your parents
Thanks a lot. :)