+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Visitor Refusal!

guysweet1

Sep 27, 2017
i am from Pakistan,Applied in july for Visitor visa & Received refusal letter 1 week ago,i came here on this forum after searching things & did like to know the opinions of experts.
First i will tell reasons the refusal letter stated,Below is the Screen shot of Refusal Letter.

Documents/Info i provided:
-Confirmed Tickets Including Return+Hotel booking( Duration of visit was 2 months)
-Business Registration Number including Tax ID with tax returns
-Bank Statements having 200k CAD$(after converting from local currency to CAD) All money is on my name,i am self employed free lancer & do online work,including SEO,Mobile Apps developing etc,i showed all proof of money coming to my bank from abroad because companies pay me from outside, but that was not the reason of refusal am sure.

The only document i missed to upload was the letter of purpose which it stated on online application process that its not necessary & optional.

So my question is why the visa was refused?is it due to the letter of purpose? the refusal letter is only saying Purpose of Visit,do the visa officers really need the details what places i will visit in canada etc?,Really disappointed that even with confirmed return Air tickets He was not satisfied that i will return to my home country.
Also i will mention here that i was refused Uk student Tier 4 visa in 2015,but that time i was not employed as self employed business & i stated that on the CA visa application that i was refused.
What More Evidence i can provide next time?because i uploaded like alot documents

Any help from Expert Members help will be appreciated,Thanks

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
2 months is a awfully long trip for a first time to Canada. They prefer to see shorter trips with a strong day by day itinerery of your trip. This long of a trip shows weak ties to your home country.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
2 months is way too long and shows weak ties....2-3 weeks maximum. The other issue I see is as self employed and free lance, you can probably work from anywhere (as noted by receiving payments from outside your home country) which does not establish particularly strong ties. Essentially,I suspect they do not feel you are a genuine visitor and there is a significant risk you will overstay.

guysweet1

Sep 27, 2017
2 months is way too long and shows weak ties....2-3 weeks maximum. The other issue I see is as self employed and free lance, you can probably work from anywhere (as noted by receiving payments from outside your home country) which does not establish particularly strong ties. Essentially,I suspect they do not feel you are a genuine visitor and there is a significant risk you will overstay.
Hmm Right that was mistake then making it for 2 months,but the other thing if its really that what the officer considered,that means self employed free lancers/business owners cant travel abroad for tourism? Lets say someone doing real office job & if he really want to over stay in canada for longer then why will he care for the current job even if its higher salary?i mean if his motive is to just leave home country he wont care loosing job.

Also i am registered as tax payer in my home country,that wont prove any ties?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Or that perhaps you may work illegally when you visit.

Really disappointed that even with confirmed return Air tickets He was not satisfied that i will return to my home country.
Confirmed tickets don't help for a favorable decision. The return tickets can be cancelled or the travel date can be postponed

guysweet1

Sep 27, 2017
Or that perhaps you may work illegally when you visit.

Confirmed tickets don't help for a favorable decision. The return tickets can be cancelled or the travel date can be postponed
Work illegally you mean by online or work in canada for job during stay?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
IMO, as you`re a freelancer/can work from anywhere + your work allows you to take on short-term projects + you work for overseas clients = You may work on an assignment/project when you visit.

Unfortunately, mentioning a visit of two months (along with confirmed tickets) would also point in that direction (Read: Possibility of working illegally)

guysweet1

Sep 27, 2017
My work is not something like i meet people & discuss projects,its all over internet though,I dont think being free lancer cant give you tourism visa,i have seen people get visa & they do nothing, but the 2 months duration may be the reason.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Freelancers could get TRV approvals if they prove they have strong reasons to return to their home country + a genuine purpose of visit. In your case, the visa officer was not convinced that your purpose of visit is for tourism/as a visitor.

Have you traveled to other countries for similar duration? And, for similar purposes?

IMO, it would also seem unusual for someone to want to stay for two months in hotels especially because you are not visiting family/friends

guysweet1

Sep 27, 2017
Freelancers could get TRV approvals if they prove they have strong reasons to return to their home country + a genuine purpose of visit. In your case, the visa officer was not convinced that your purpose of visit is for tourism/as a visitor.

Have you traveled to other countries for similar duration? And, for similar purposes?

IMO, it would also seem unusual for someone to want to stay for two months in hotels especially because you are not visiting family/friends
No i never traveled,that was going to be my first visit,during the process of application they say to show confirm hotel bookings & flight tickets so that might wont be the reason.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
No i never traveled,that was going to be my first visit,during the process of application they say to show confirm hotel bookings & flight tickets so that might wont be the reason.
If you don't have family/friends who could provide accommodation, you'd need to stay in hotels, right?

Overall, IMO, you have a weak application currently i.e. no previous travel history (a visa officer would question why you want to visit Canada and not another country) + you're a freelancer + SEO/mobile apps would allow you to take up short-term assignments anywhere + you're not visiting to meet family/friends + a very long visit of two months (untypical of a visitor).

I would advise against reapplying given your current situation. It's your choice though

guysweet1

Sep 27, 2017
If you don't have family/friends who could provide accommodation, you'd need to stay in hotels, right?

Overall, IMO, you have a weak application currently i.e. no previous travel history (a visa officer would question why you want to visit Canada and not another country) + you're a freelancer + SEO/mobile apps would allow you to take up short-term assignments anywhere + you're not visiting to meet family/friends + a very long visit of two months (untypical of a visitor).

I would advise against reapplying given your current situation. It's your choice though
Tax authorities in my country wont catch me in case my intentions are not to return?i think VO's do know we cant overstay if we are registered tax payer in country specially as in business.
Also please note the VO ticked only purpose of visit box,if he was concerned about being free lancer/self employed & travel history issue,he could have ticked boxes saying:Current Employment issue,Travel History,Employment Prospects in country of residence.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Those are only generic reasons. Purpose of travel covers a broad spectrum of reasons for refusal and could include concerns you will work in Canada or fail to leave. Having no travel history and a refusal from the UK will make it harder to receive an approval. If you want to know the detailed reason, order the GCMS notes before you reapply.