+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV-Visiting Visa applied online on March 15, 2017

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dear Bryanna

Please I need your urgent help and advice because many people are being denied with visa to Canada when they have all documents to proof to the visa officer but still get denied. I am very much confuse as to what documents to submit to the visa officer to know that my visit to Canada is temporary and I shall surely come back to Switzerland for studies.
My case is, I will like to apply for a tourist visa to Canada this coming holidays and I will be applying my visa on the 5th of June and my tentative date for the visit to Canada is 18th July 2017. My currently resident is Switzerland and I am here purposely for studies. I studying my masters here in Switzerland and also worked part time as well. I have no relations in Canada, friends, family, or relatives. just want to visit Canada for my summer holidays and I want to spend just two weeks in Canada.
Can you please advice me what kinds of documents I need to submit for the visa application and how much money do you think I should have in my personal account in order to secure a visa to Canada for tourist.

THANK YOU AND KIND REGARDS
Hi,

This is what I suggest:
1. Confirmation of enrollment + registration letter issued by the school that you have paid tuition fees (for the current and next academic years) + the relevant bank statement

2. Letter from the school stating you are a bona fide student + approval for the holidays + you must return for the next semester to complete your Masters program + letter from your professor if you are part of a research project/thesis as a reason to return + synopsis of your thesis (if applicable)

3. Brochure + web page prints of your school information (especially the course that you're studying for)

4. Student ID/card

5. Healthcare insurance for Switzerland + do purchase an overseas travel medical insurance policy for your Canada visit

6. Residence permit/Biometric card

7. Work permit for your part-time work while you continue your studies (if applicable)

8. Your personal bank statement (in Switzerland) for the last 3 months

9. If your parents are funding your studies then a Letter of Financial Support from them + 6 months bank statements (including an explanation on how you can access these funds)

10. A lease agreement or campus accommodation proofs

11. Provisional hotel and flight bookings (do NOT book confirmed tickets/hotels until your TRV is issued)

12. A detailed day-by-day plan of what you will do when you visit Canada with detailed expense estimates for everything i.e. entry fees, hotel, local travel, meals, shopping, etc etc + airfare..... and prove that you can pay for this

13. 2-3 months credit card statements (if the dues are low)

14. Any other ties to your home country: For example, if you own property/land + dependent family + financial investments, etc

15. Have you traveled to other countries like the US/UK/Schengen area? If yes, then do prepare a Travel History document (visa details + entry/exit dates + purpose of visit.... for each visit)

Cheers

mbagh15

Aug 25, 2013
Hi,

This is what I suggest:
1. Confirmation of enrollment + registration letter issued by the school that you have paid tuition fees (for the current and next academic years) + the relevant bank statement

2. Letter from the school stating you are a bona fide student + approval for the holidays + you must return for the next semester to complete your Masters program + letter from your professor if you are part of a research project/thesis as a reason to return + synopsis of your thesis (if applicable)

3. Brochure + web page prints of your school information (especially the course that you're studying for)

4. Student ID/card

5. Healthcare insurance for Switzerland + do purchase an overseas travel medical insurance policy for your Canada visit

6. Residence permit/Biometric card

7. Work permit for your part-time work while you continue your studies (if applicable)

8. Your personal bank statement (in Switzerland) for the last 3 months

9. If your parents are funding your studies then a Letter of Financial Support from them + 6 months bank statements (including an explanation on how you can access these funds)

10. A lease agreement or campus accommodation proofs

11. Provisional hotel and flight bookings (do NOT book confirmed tickets/hotels until your TRV is issued)

12. A detailed day-by-day plan of what you will do when you visit Canada with detailed expense estimates for everything i.e. entry fees, hotel, local travel, meals, shopping, etc etc + airfare..... and prove that you can pay for this

13. 2-3 months credit card statements (if the dues are low)

14. Any other ties to your home country: For example, if you own property/land + dependent family + financial investments, etc

15. Have you traveled to other countries like the US/UK/Schengen area? If yes, then do prepare a Travel History document (visa details + entry/exit dates + purpose of visit.... for each visit)

Cheers
Thank you so much for the information. I think I will be able to get all the information you listed. I havel the enrolment registration available but it is not in English but in Swiss German and my rent contract too is not in English but the rest of the doucments I have it in English. It is only the admission or the acceptance letter which is writen in ENGLISH. should I include that in the application.?

Thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you so much for the information. I think I will be able to get all the information you listed. I havel the enrolment registration available but it is not in English but in Swiss German and my rent contract too is not in English but the rest of the doucments I have it in English. It is only the admission or the acceptance letter which is writen in ENGLISH. should I include that in the application.?

Thank you
Please include the enrollment registration + rent contract, etc. It would make a significant difference to your TRV application.

Documents must be translated into English or French by a certified translator i.e. include the translated document + an affidavit from a translator of good standing that the translation is true and correct with his/her license details + the original document must be certified by a notary public

Also, include 2-3 months rent receipts from your landlord + bank transfers to confirm you have paid the rent.

If you have exams within 1-2 months after you return then do include evidence of it as a reason that you must return to Switzerland

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
However , My Dad is doing a business sort of self employed , [ priest work + Astrology work + religious work ]
Your dad can also include:
1. A statement from a registered CA certifying his income to be as per his claims + based on the cash receipts issued

2. Does he regularly deposit the cash earned in the bank? If yes, then do highlight these deposits on the bank statement for the last 6-12 months

3. Is he registered with any temple or organization? If yes, then evidence/letter from them

4. Does he have any major event for which he must return by a specific date for his priest work? Do include evidence

Also , We have ownership docs and tax receipts of both home property in own language ,not in english [ will that work ?? ]
No, it will not work.

All documents must be in English/French.... or translated by a certified translator i.e. translated document + affidavit from the translator + certified copy of the original.

For my mom's property , we will be able to show everything , [ Is rental agreement has to be in English ??? ]
Again, translated into English/French

what is main SUPP document we should submit to overcome that rejection/refusal reason [UK+USA] of PREVIOUS VISA ??
The only way to overcome the refusal is to provide stronger documentation of ties to India.

Your dad must prepare his employment ties well as he is self-employed..... but in a type of business which does not have any business registrations/purchase orders/audit reports, etc.

Both your parents must include 1-2 must-return-by-a-specific-date reasons with evidence

Also, for the invitation letter don't use words to indicate that your daughter is desperate to see her grandparents + keep their visit to only 2-3 weeks (do not say they will stay/go back in the 6 months)

Should we show canada docs ;-
  • T4 + NOA [ ME andmy wife ]
  • job letters
  • Bank statements and savings
  • rent agreeent
Also include copies of your passports + PR cards + marriage certificate

alexdis

May 24, 2017
Your dad can also include:
1. A statement from a registered CA certifying his income to be as per his claims + based on the cash receipts issued

2. Does he regularly deposit the cash earned in the bank? If yes, then do highlight these deposits on the bank statement for the last 6-12 months

3. Is he registered with any temple or organization? If yes, then evidence/letter from them

4. Does he have any major event for which he must return by a specific date for his priest work? Do include evidence

No, it will not work.

All documents must be in English/French.... or translated by a certified translator i.e. translated document + affidavit from the translator + certified copy of the original.

Again, translated into English/French

The only way to overcome the refusal is to provide stronger documentation of ties to India.

Your dad must prepare his employment ties well as he is self-employed..... but in a type of business which does not have any business registrations/purchase orders/audit reports, etc.

Both your parents must include 1-2 must-return-by-a-specific-date reasons with evidence

Also, for the invitation letter don't use words to indicate that your daughter is desperate to see her grandparents + keep their visit to only 2-3 weeks (do not say they will stay/go back in the 6 months)

Also include copies of your passports + PR cards + marriage certificate
Thanking you so much ... Bryanna... You are a Google....

i will follow the same as you said and will ask if anything required guidance.

but i need one good favor from you if you can please .. hope you are fine to draft it please

i need to have good DRAFT letter from you explaining effective points and the below refusal reason to overcome to VO.
[ my parents forgot to mention about the US+UK visa refusal earlier in the first application ]

And yeah .. in the INVITATION letter do we need to mention ?//
  • About sponsoring their finance because last time i did mention in the Invitation letter Travelling, lodging & Boarding and all expenses...
Please help...

Once Thanking you ...

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
And yeah .. in the INVITATION letter do we need to mention ?//
  • About sponsoring their finance because last time i did mention in the Invitation letter Travelling, lodging & Boarding and all expenses...
The invitation letter can state that you will provide accommodation, take care of their travel and living expenses, etc. However, your parents must prove they can afford the day-by-day itinerary + airfare.

You will have to ensure that your dad's self-employment + his financial documents are prepared really well

kiranone

Sep 10, 2014
Hi all

Do the immigration officer asks for health insurance at the time of landing for a visitor??
Who will ask for health insurance for a visitor??
Please reply.

Kiran

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi all

Do the immigration officer asks for health insurance at the time of landing for a visitor??
Who will ask for health insurance for a visitor??
Please reply.

Kiran
If it's a visitor who is entering on a TRV then No. The overseas travel medical insurance policy is only for personal peace of mind and not listed in the IRCC document checklist.

The immigration officer may ask if the visitor has any medical conditions or even had a flu recently

Mohan raj

Jul 19, 2016
Hi All,

Received the PPR request for my spouse today after waiting for 10 weeks. Hopefully should get Approved !!

I hope everyone waiting for PPR should get approved soon. Good luck with it !

My follow up thread are-
1.Send 2 CSE but no response apart from automated reply
2.4 Gentle remainder emails to the High commission of Canada Delhi with same thread
3. Applied for GCMS notes

@Bryanna Thanks for your support and Guidance throughout my queries.

alexdis

May 24, 2017
The invitation letter can state that you will provide accommodation, take care of their travel and living expenses, etc. However, your parents must prove they can afford the day-by-day itinerary + airfare.

You will have to ensure that your dad's self-employment + his financial documents are prepared really well
Thanking you so much Bryanna,

You are really good, Amazing response from you.....

i am almost done to prepare all of that by next week. [ cover letter + all finance docs ]

just missing on two things on cover letter [ if you can draft in your magic effective words ]
  • Effective Explanation of why we forgot to mention early refusal US+UK in early application [to earn trust of VO this time] - ARE we supposed to mention in cover letter or no need to do this at all ????

• DAY by DAY Itinerary in canada [ ontario ] with expense details for reference only to see the format
if you can provide DRAFT of day-by day itinerary in Canada with expense details just for my reference of FORMAT so i can well prepared as per my own requirement

just for the DRAFT purpose only...

Thanking you again.. !!!!!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
  • Effective Explanation of why we forgot to mention early refusal US+UK in early application [to earn trust of VO this time] - ARE we supposed to mention in cover letter or no need to do this at all ????
Do state:
1. That it was a genuine and unintentional mistake on the part of your parents as they had completely misunderstood the question whilst filling the TRV application forms. Hence, they had misread Question 2(b) as declaration of visa refusals for only Canada.

2. That they had submitted the old passports that indicated the previous visa refusals. This confirms that they had no intentions of not declaring the previous visa refusals for the US and the UK

3. They deeply regret this genuine mistake, and they would be happy to provide any additional information/documents of their previous visa refusals for the US and the UK

Yes. You must mention the application number + refusal reason + this explanation I have given in the cover letters.

Each application i.e. of one parent will have a separate cover letter + one complete set of evidence and explanations

alexdis

May 24, 2017
Do state:
1. That it was a genuine and unintentional mistake on the part of your parents as they had completely misunderstood the question whilst filling the TRV application forms. Hence, they had misread Question 2(b) as declaration of visa refusals for only Canada.

2. That they had submitted the old passports that indicated the previous visa refusals. This confirms that they had no intentions of not declaring the previous visa refusals for the US and the UK

3. They deeply regret this genuine mistake, and they would be happy to provide any additional information/documents of their previous visa refusals for the US and the UK

Yes. You must mention the application number + refusal reason + this explanation I have given in the cover letters.

Each application i.e. of one parent will have a separate cover letter + one complete set of evidence and explanations
Thanking you again.. Bryanna...

You are great....

Hope the VO takes it positively this mistake. i am worried about the 2 year BAN...nothing was given in the first application refusal. can they be given any BAN now for misrepresentation?

just a quick question..
  • Should i and my wife write a cover letter for that refusal reason explanation [ US + UK ]
  • Or they can add on their own in the same main cover letter they provided earlier.
Fro any more questions i would surely get in touch to you.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hope the VO takes it positively this mistake. i am worried about the 2 year BAN...nothing was given in the first application refusal. can they be given any BAN now for misrepresentation?
It's a 5 years ban for misrepresentation, not 2 years. This ban virtually eliminates any chances of being approved for any other visa.

If you want to be absolutely sure that their previous applications were not headed towards misrepresentation bans then I suggest:
1. You order the case notes first before reapplying, AND later

2. Apply only for one parent first. Do not risk both applications.

I guess they were extremely lucky (and escaped from the 5-year bans) simply because they had submitted their original passports.

Should i and my wife write a cover letter for that refusal reason explanation [ US + UK ]
  • Or they can add on their own in the same main cover letter they provided earlier.
You can explain this in the invitation letter + their cover letters

I want to reiterate that proving your dad's self-employment will be quite a challenge. You and his CA will have to work twice as hard than normal cases to prove that your dad is genuinely self-employed + he earns what he claims to earn + he has solid reasons to return (property + any scheduled religious events, etc)