+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV VISA GUIDELINES NEEDED

Server.hisni

Oct 5, 2013
Hello !
I'm from Sri Lanka . I want to apply to for TRV visa. I want to make sure if all my documents which I have is right to proceed with application . I run a business in Sri Lanka in jewellery sector for 40years I want to apply for the visa with my son .MY BROTHER IS A CANADIAN CITIZEN he has sent me a invitation.
Documents I'm ready with !!!
1-Business registration
2-business accounts
3-business employee pay lists
4-personal bank accounts
5-invitation letter
6-property (4 property documents )
7-children births
8-marriage certificate
9-bank balance letter and travel insurance
10-son birth and letter stating I shall cover his expense .

Will all these documents be enough for me !?!!!! Please let me know .
Thank you .
Waiting for a good replay !!! :)

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
This is a good start. Think about your application as if you were a visa officer. Would he or she think you had stronger ties to SL or to Canada? If you are going with your son to visit another son, who will you be leaving back home? What previous international travel have you done, visas obtained? Showing vacation travel helps on several fronts. One to show you are well enough established in your employment to afford travel, and secondly, that you have abided by the visa rules and returned home. I can't emphasize Enough, the importance of including ALL your ties to home and making your first application as strong as possible. Include a well planned itinerary to show good reasons for your trip as well. Good luck.

Server.hisni

Oct 5, 2013
Thank you very much for your precious replay.
I'm ready with all the documents but I don't have enough visa on my passport but the son has many as he visits on holidays for Asia countries .will this be ok ?

NuvF

Nov 26, 2011
Is your son a minor?

If not he WILL need his own set of evidence as well, to prove his own 'strong ties' to home compelling him to come back.

Best!

NuvF

Nov 26, 2011
Server.hisni said:
He is 19years. He got nothing to prove he works at my office and offers a part time course. That's all .
Well, like another one suggested before, try put yourself in the shoes of the visa officer who is going to most likely evaluate son's application completely separate from yours. Now imagine his/her thoughts in that process while giving the HIGHEST priority trying to fulfill his/her legal obligations in upholding the terms of the immigration law !! (I don't think s/he will have much trouble in approving yours)

You can compliment son's application but you CAN NOT combine the two and think they will evaluate them together. Both has to be (and in fact are) individual applications and needs to fulfill the 'requirements' individually, so you need to 'prepare' accordingly.

You MUST get 'proper' legal advise from an (competent) imm. lawyer in your son's case, that's my best advise.
If not it will be just a toss up; heads or tails, 50/50 (which in any case is the theoretical outcome!). Trick is to prepare for the worst and hope for the best and try skew the odds your way!

Best!

PS:
The other best help that I can do for you is to 'suggest' a competent lawyer in Panadura who successfully prepared my MiL's application for a TRV. PM me if you need that info. Just a suggestion.

Server.hisni

Oct 5, 2013
Thank you very much for your replay . I shall prepare more documents relating it son. Maybe Il proceed with the visa .

Thank you . Hoping for best results :) .

Nayeemchy

Jan 6, 2014
Hi there I'm from Bangladesh.i applied from USA. So I put country of residence USA ,and country where Applying USA. Is there any problem with this..?