+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV validity

Edris_Usaf

Feb 24, 2020
Dear Members,

I submitted a TRV application and was accepted. My passport and biometrics are both good until 2032; this is my third Canadian visa. Yet, they issued a counterfoil that is only valid until September 2023.
I haven't yet received my passport, but I verified GC KEY, which indicates that the document is valid only September 2023.
Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear Members,

I submitted a TRV application and was accepted. My passport and biometrics are both good until 2032; this is my third Canadian visa. Yet, they issued a counterfoil that is only valid until September 2023.
I haven't yet received my passport, but I verified GC KEY, which indicates that the document is valid only September 2023.
Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Thank you
There is clearly a concern about your application. Assume you also requested a TRV visit before September 2023. How much time have you spent visiting Canada? How many visits? What country are you from and have the conditions changed? Have your ties changed? Your savings? More family in Canada?

Edris_Usaf

Feb 24, 2020
There is clearly a concern about your application. Assume you also requested a TRV visit before September 2023. How much time have you spent visiting Canada? How many visits? What country are you from, and have the conditions changed? Have your ties changed? Your savings? More family in Canada?
Thanks for the reply.
I have visited Canada once for 7 days on my first visa, which was issued for 4 years. A second visa was issued for 2 years (as per passport validity), but I couldn't visit due to COVID travel restrictions.
I am Pakistani national. Living in Poland on TRC. I have mentioned my visiting dates in the beginning of June 2023 for few days.

Edris_Usaf

Feb 24, 2020
There is clearly a concern about your application. Assume you also requested a TRV visit before September 2023. How much time have you spent visiting Canada? How many visits? What country are you from and have the conditions changed? Have your ties changed? Your savings? More family in Canada?
My biometric was valid until 2024, but after submission of my original passport, I came to know that visas will be issued until biometric validity, but if the applicant wants to have longer validity, he can voluntarily re-enrol the biometric by paying a fee, as mentioned in the letter that I received from IRCC. So I did the same, and I got a biometric request letter after submission of my original passport and updated until 2033. I was pretty confident that now there shouldn't be an issue, but the counterfoil shows validity until September 2023. Should I write them about this ?