Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
next week!!
Hi All,

This topic touches both Visitor's Visa & Spousal Open WP issues.. I hope you can help..

I have a friend, John's a cook in Alberta.. His girlfriend Cathy is planning to go to Canada on a TRV to visit her brother in Toronto for a 2-week stay.. But, she also has plans of visiting John (which she will not disclose to the VO, as she might get rejected on the issue of getting married).. But honestly, they plan of really getting marry as soon as Cathy gets TRV approval.. They plan to make the wedding ceremony simple.. And.. Cathy has no intention of going back after that 2 weeks.. She wants to be with John.. That's the reality of her TRV application..

Here are my questions:
Given that she will be issued a TRV for her visit in Toronto, lets say, the port officer stamped a 6-month TRV on her passport, can she go also to Alberta within that declared 2-week stay?.. Does the visa specify a province that you can only visit?..
Immediately after the wedding, can Cathy apply for spousal open work permit?
What are her chances of getting approved?
Will the VO consider her going to Canada on a TRV and getting married (which she will not disclose she would do) as fraud for her to apply for an open work permit?..

Thanks a million for all your replies and help..
GODBLESS you all.. :)

iamcherrie

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
next week!!
Can somebody help me in my inquiry?
Thanks a lot!

asianculture2010

Mar 15, 2012
Hello,
If she will not declare a relationship to her BF and then get married in Canada, she might be denied when they start sponsoring her to spousal visa. In the application for TRV, it always ask if we have common law or married.
It is better to be honest all the way, and she also need to show ties in her home country, like properties, money or job .
I hope she will get her TRV, good luck.
Asianculture2010

iamcherrie

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
next week!!
hi asianculture2010,

thanks so much for your input..
I will just tell Cathy to disclose that she has a BF in Alberta (if that will really matter)..
Hmmm.. so if the VO will know that she has a bf in Canada, will the VO suspect that she might get marry there?.. if that will be the case, she might get denial right? but how about if she can demonstrate that she has strong ties here?

yes, she has strong ties here in our home country..
she got a good paying job, fat bank account, her family are all here aside from her father (a seaman) and her brother (the one Canada who will be sponsoring her)..

I also hope she get a TRV..
thanks a lot!

asianculture2010

Mar 15, 2012
Or the best way is to get a common law sponsorship or get married here and apply for spousal visa. I just send my application and it was picked up today by the courier. I hope hoping to get a TRV. I will be visiting my mother in-law in Canada, she cannot travel anymore due to her age and illness. I got married to a Canadian but we are planning to apply for spousal visa there, instead we are going to apply for USA spousal visa. I am a California RN nurse and my husband has been in USA since 1989. I also have pending sponsorship with my employer as a Nurse. I hope cherrie could get one because it is hard to be far away from love ones.