+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV rejected, but can I apply for Student Visa?

Tanu2013

Jul 26, 2013
Hi everyone,

I applied for TRV this month and unfortunately got rejection. Its little upsetting as I had plans to join and live with my husband in Canada who is a Canadian citizen.

Anyhow, I am aware that the next course of action should be to apply for PR visa however it could take up to 10-12 months which mean that we might not be able to live together during this time and plus we have already been parted for more than 10 months already.

Therefore, I was wondering whether it would be a good idea to apply for a student visa for Jan 14 intake so I don't have to wait for all this time.

Members, please discuss your views on this as I might be thinking of shortcuts to be with my hubby out of desperation however wont mind some good advice,

Thanks,

Gagan789

Star Member
Apr 19, 2013
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18th june 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Rab mehar kre
LANDED..........
rab ne chaheya tan land jrur krange
i think PR visa is best option fr u bcoz if u apply fr study permit for jan intake den u will get visa in november if u apply immediately so u should apply fr PR visa wid this u can go widin a year

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
You can apply for study visa. Choose a course as per your interest and previous study area and try to show investment, property in your home country for showing home ties.

smartshady

Star Member
May 25, 2013
i would suggest don't show them tht ur husband is already IN CANADA...most probably u would be rejected student visa on "Home ties basis" :(

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
If she lies now it would be a big problem for her later on.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
smartshady said:
i would suggest don't show them tht ur husband is already IN CANADA...most probably u would be rejected student visa on "Home ties basis" :(
Bad advice. Misrepresentation could result in a ban from Canada, causing serious issues later on if they try for sponsorship.

Tanu2013 said:
Therefore, I was wondering whether it would be a good idea to apply for a student visa for Jan 14 intake so I don't have to wait for all this time.
It is still a temporary visa, so you will have to prove strong ties to your home country and they will look at the fact that you are married to a Canadian. You can try for it but like the TRV, approval isn't guaranteed.

As your husband is a citizen, he can come stay with you outside Canada while the PR app is processing.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
canuck_in_uk said:
Bad advice. Misrepresentation could result in a ban from Canada, causing serious issues later on if they try for sponsorship.

It is still a temporary visa, so you will have to prove strong ties to your home country and they will look at the fact that you are married to a Canadian. You can try for it but like the TRV, approval isn't guaranteed.

As your husband is a citizen, he can come stay with you outside Canada while the PR app is processing.
very well said....also i am assuming that ur financial documents were not strong when u applied for TRV so it will become more difficult in case of study permit and on top of that all the other admission procedure etc....and everyone give a negative point to the guy who asked u to misrepresent. Hope he doesnt give bad advise again....

smartshady

Star Member
May 25, 2013
i was just suggesting and i never said to lie...there is a difference between "lie" and "don't give unnecessary information" !!! oof-course if they ask husband's location then thats another story!!! ::)

and btw champion i give '0' s**t about ur negative points!!!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
smartshady said:
i was just suggesting and i never said to lie...there is a difference between "lie" and "don't give unnecessary information" !!! oof-course if they ask husband's location then thats another story!!! ::)
If you are not familiar with an application and the information required, do not give advice about it.

A study permit app requires the present address of the spouse or common-law partner of the applicant. By suggesting that the OP not mention that her husband is in Canada, you were suggesting she lie. The fact that you didn't know it was necessary for the app is no excuse.

navkaur

Jul 9, 2011
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
25-04-2017
Med's Request
Pre-medical
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2017
I think even if you apply for Student visa. They will believe that you are finding a way to be your husband because in this case you still have to show ties to your current country. Your spouse is the major tie towards Canada.
The only option is to apply for PR staying in your country. Your husband can always come to visit you. Better he should sponsor you, will take 12 - 18 months but at least you'll be assured to be together.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
smartshady said:

and btw champion i give '0' s**t about ur negative points!!!!
i guess ur consultant or daddy filled out ur family information form(IMM5645) as u clearly didnt know the field for spouse information existed ..u r suggesting to lie by not giving information about spouse . spouse information is necessary information.