+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV REFUSED..what to do

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Are you a PR since you're talking about RO? If yes, then you can't get a TRV. You need to apply for a PRTD.

Give some more information about your situation.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
OK, I saw your history. Your husband is back in Canada right? And he's sponsoring your daughter?

If you assume that the sponsorship process will take about a year, you will miss your residency obligation by about six months.

This is not an insurmountable barrier if you can demonstrate that you truly want to live in Canada and you were forced to stay outside because of your young infant not having status to come with you. You can keep records of all your attempts to get a TRV for her.

Can you send your older kids to live with their Dad in Canada? If yes, then you are almost certain to not have an issue with the RO since

1. Your husband will be in Canada and will have met his RO
2. Your elder kids will have met their RO
3. Your youngest daughter will be an approved PR of Canada.

I could be wrong, but I find it very hard to believe that CBSA will revoke your PR in these circumstances.

The caveat is that you must be able to demonstrate that you really want to live in Canada and have taken steps to establish residency. Such as your husband working or setting up a business, the kids going to school, etc.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This whole scenario was avoidable. You have been given instructions on how to sponsor your child born 3 times since 2016.

zainabfis

Aug 6, 2014
Yes, it has been going on since 2016. We were not quite aware of the procedure and necessary details for sponsorship and filling of relevant forms. Earlier too, we have been applying through a representative which was a waste of time and money; now I have filed everything myself with the guidance being provided at this wonderful forum.
Thank you for spending time to read my history, I look forward to further guidance and hope to be in Canada soon. Thanks!