+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV (online) applied outside Canada November 2017,Please share your status here!!

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
@Bryanna

As I mentioned before, they were going to refuse my application again but then it was cancelled. The refusal grounds were travel history and purpose of visit listed in GCMS.

I know that this was cancelled and now original passport request is the next correspondence, but is there anything I should do to prove my purpose of visit and travel history? I can't really change my travel history because I have only been to the Maldives, however can I convince them of my purpose of visit somehow? As you mentioned before its not a good ideal to send additional docs in now as it might delay and there is no guarantee that they will even get it, but I feel like since I can see the reasons, before they make a decision I can make a change and I should take the opportunity.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. Tourism/Family (his moms sister lives in Toronto.

2. He’s a uni student, doing his bachelors degree.

3. Yes US,UK,Newzealand, and Europe.
valid UK and Newzealand visa.

4. 2 Years of on goin bachelors degree & completed Family in Pakistan.
How many more years for his course to finish?

List of documents he will submit?

Mrmoody90

May 25, 2017
TBH I don’t think you should do anything like that at this point. Just let it be and wait for your PPR inshallah.

@Bryanna

As I mentioned before, they were going to refuse my application again but then it was cancelled. The refusal grounds were travel history and purpose of visit listed in GCMS.

I know that this was cancelled and now original passport request is the next correspondence, but is there anything I should do to prove my purpose of visit and travel history? I can't really change my travel history because I have only been to the Maldives, however can I convince them of my purpose of visit somehow? As you mentioned before its not a good ideal to send additional docs in now as it might delay and there is no guarantee that they will even get it, but I feel like since I can see the reasons, before they make a decision I can make a change and I should take the opportunity.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna
Quite honestly (IMO), wanting to visit for a Christmas party is a weak purpose of visit. Hope your agent submitted a detailed day-by-day plan like a typical tourist, etc.

Also, did a relative invite you? Or friends?

As for Travel History, you cannot change that now unless you are able to get visas for some visa-required country in the next week or so.

Has your personal or professional circumstances changed in the meanwhile? Any strong ties since you applied? For example, down payment for a house, or a wedding in the immediate family that would necessitate your return by a specific date?

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
Quite honestly (IMO), wanting to visit for a Christmas party is a weak purpose of visit. Hope your agent submitted a detailed day-by-day plan like a typical tourist, etc.

As for Travel History, you cannot change that now unless you are able to get visas for some visa-required country in the next week or so.

Has your personal or professional circumstances changed in the meanwhile? Any strong ties since you applied? For example, down payment for a house, or a wedding in the immediate family that would necessitate your return by a specific date?
Well actually, it wasn't just a Christmas party. In my previous application , I was invited to a wedding for the same couple who hosted the Christmas party. They invited me to this because I was not able to attend the wedding. My rep included a purpose of travel letter explaining I will attend this party and also visit tourist places. She also mentioned this in their legal support letter when addressing my old refusal and as a new point for my new application.

There is a wedding coming up next weekend and I can easily get an invitation but I am between myself deciding if I should touch the application at all at this point. I feel like it is going to be approved based on the notes. It seems like the officer who reviewed my file last was a Senior VO. The notes are in stages, 4 different VO's assessed the file which is the same as what happened in my first application.

kira260

Dec 12, 2017

I chose to have no one invite me this time, the last time it was refused so I did it on my own base.
My personal circumstances have not changed in terms of work or financials. We had a huge family wedding of one of my cousins last week which would have been good reason to come back but that's done now lol.

I have a strong feeling it will be approved, I don't think they will refuse then cancel and then refuse again. It looks like in GCMS that they have set it up so that once security passes all the officer has to do is issue the PPR and updated security to passed. Eligibility is passed and I feel only senior VO's can over take another Vo's refusal.. that's just my feeling though.. SO CONFUSED lol

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I chose to have no one invite me this time, the last time it was refused so I did it on my own base.
My personal circumstances have not changed in terms of work or financials. We had a huge family wedding of one of my cousins last week which would have been good reason to come back but that's done now lol.

I have a strong feeling it will be approved, I don't think they will refuse then cancel and then refuse again. It looks like in GCMS that they have set it up so that once security passes all the officer has to do is issue the PPR and updated security to passed. Eligibility is passed and I feel only senior VO's can over take another Vo's refusal.. that's just my feeling though.. SO CONFUSED lol
Que sera, sera
Whatever will be, will be

:):)

Reactions: kira260

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
Anything @Mrmoody90 ? I am starting to think that GCMS notes are not issued to someone who is going to have an interview. You get to know a lot about your file from it and I think they want to interview the person before they have too much knowledge of what is in the officers mind/notes.

I have not heard anything yet. MP sent CIC a follow up and they have contacted Delhi for a status update. Delhi rarely answers I think , so lets see!

Mrmoody90

May 25, 2017
Nothing as yet :(
Anything @Mrmoody90 ? I am starting to think that GCMS notes are not issued to someone who is going to have an interview. You get to know a lot about your file from it and I think they want to interview the person before they have too much knowledge of what is in the officers mind/notes.

I have not heard anything yet. MP sent CIC a follow up and they have contacted Delhi for a status update. Delhi rarely answers I think , so lets see!

Mrmoody90

May 25, 2017
Degree enrolment letter from the university it’s like well know uni (University of the Punjab)

Travel history( Copy of all pages with exit and re-entry stamps plus visas copy)

Day-to-Day explanation(he’s going there for 12 days)

Invitation letter from his aunt.

Dads bank statements plus his business registration.

A copy of his property docs( My cousin owns couple of properties )

He’s getting engaged end of July.

How many more years for his course to finish?

List of documents he will submit?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Degree enrolment letter from the university it’s like well know uni (University of the Punjab)
Ideally, it would be best if he applies when he is in the last year of the degree program. However, as he has previous travel history, property ownership, he can attempt a TRV.

He must include:
A letter from the university/college that states he is a bona fide student and when his study program will be completed + tuition fee receipt for the current/next academic years + most recent marksheets/transcripts + student ID proof + an explanation why he can travel now (summer break, mid-term holiday)

Travel history( Copy of all pages with exit and re-entry stamps plus visas copy)
Prepare a Travel History explanation (tabular format, 10 years): Visa details + entry/exit dates + purpose of each visit + scan all these visas and include them + highlight the valid visas.

Hopefully, all these visits were for short stays of not more than 2-3 weeks.

Day-to-Day explanation(he’s going there for 12 days)
Detailed day-by-day itinerary for sightseeing, meeting the aunt and family, etc.... with expense estimates.

Invitation letter from his aunt.
Plus copy of the aunt's passport + her immigration status + her bank statement (if she wishes to provide this) + proof of relationship to the aunt (birth certificates of your cousin's mom and the aunt if they are siblings)

Dads bank statements plus his business registration.
Letter of Financial Support from the dad + the dad's latest tax assessment

A copy of his property docs( My cousin owns couple of properties )
How did he get ownership of these properties?
Did he purchase them?
Or were they legally transferred to him?
When did he get ownership?
Does he get rental income? If yes, is it credited to your cousin's bank account?

He’s getting engaged end of July.
What evidence can he provide for the engagement?

Also:
1. Does he have exams to return to after his visit?
2. Does he volunteer for any social or charity reasons?
3. Is he a member of a sports club/ Rotary or Lions Club + some event scheduled after his visit?
4. Does he help his dad in the business?
5. Any other reasons to return to Pakistan?

Last edited:

Mrmoody90

May 25, 2017
Ok great thanks a lot Bryanna
I just forward him everything :)

Could you please help me with the (letter format) from his dad?

Ideally, it would be best if he applies when he is in the last year of the degree program. However, as he has previous travel history, property ownership, he can attempt a TRV.

He must include:
A letter from the university/college that states he is a bona fide student and when his study program will be completed + tuition fee receipt for the current/next academic years + most recent marksheets/transcripts + student ID proof + an explanation why he can travel now (summer break, mid-term holiday)

Prepare a Travel History explanation (tabular format, 10 years): Visa details + entry/exit dates + purpose of each visit + scan all these visas and include them + highlight the valid visas.

Hopefully, all these visits were for short stays of not more than 2-3 weeks.

Detailed day-by-day itinerary for sightseeing, meeting the aunt and family, etc.... with expense estimates.

Plus copy of the aunt's passport + her immigration status + her bank statement (if she wishes to provide this) + proof of relationship to the aunt (birth certificates of your cousin's mom and the aunt if they are siblings)

Letter of Financial Support from the dad + the dad's latest tax assessment

How did he get ownership of these properties?
Did he purchase them?
Or were they legally transferred to him?
When did he get ownership?
Does he get rental income? If yes, is it credited to your cousin's bank account?

What evidence can he provide for the engagement?

Also:
1. Does he have exams to return to after his visit?
2. Does he volunteer for any social or charity reasons?
3. Is he a member of a sports club/ Rotary or Lions Club + some event scheduled after his visit?
4. Does he help his dad in the business?
5. Any other reasons to return to Pakistan?