+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV From Inside Canada - Normal Processing Time Has Passed

ash.ch

Star Member
Jan 15, 2024
Thank you for this discussion. Awaiting TRVs for my underage children since applying for them on February 3, 2024. We had earlier applied for PR too and are in-Canada applicants. We received the above-mentioned Information Letter after sending a follow-up inquiry via the IRCC web-form.

So it appears there’s a TRV processing delay for in-Canada applicants who have earlier applied for PR.
That would make sense, I haven't received any update since I provided them with my biometrics.

Amtheslayer

May 12, 2021
Thank you for this discussion. Awaiting TRVs for my underage children since applying for them on February 3, 2024. We had earlier applied for PR too and are in-Canada applicants. We received the above-mentioned Information Letter after sending a follow-up inquiry via the IRCC web-form.

So it appears there’s a TRV processing delay for in-Canada applicants who have earlier applied for PR.
I don’t think it’s only for pr applicants. I’m an international student in Canada and I applied for a TRV on February 4th. I have received no updates yet!

kkincanada

Star Member
Nov 10, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
19-09-2023
AOR Received.
12-10-2023
I also applied for TRV GCMS notes, but nothing was found there. I just saw my Webform reply within GCMS notes and a comment about IRCC sending the Patience letter as a response. This is for the same Information Letter we received.

However, the good news is that we received our P1 email for our PR application last week, so I wonder if I will ever receive the TRV results now.

Auwa

Apr 2, 2024
I also applied for TRV GCMS notes, but nothing was found there. I just saw my Webform reply within GCMS notes and a comment about IRCC sending the Patience letter as a response. This is for the same Information Letter we received.

However, the good news is that we received our P1 email for our PR application last week, so I wonder if I will ever receive the TRV results now.
It likely then means your PR application processing was the sole reason for your TRV delay.

The GCMS notes come handy when there’s another reason, giving you a chance to address it via the IRCC web-form by submitting a letter of explanation and/or additional supporting documents.

Reactions: kkincanada

kkincanada

Star Member
Nov 10, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
19-09-2023
AOR Received.
12-10-2023
It likely then means your PR application processing was the sole reason for your TRV delay.

The GCMS notes come handy when there’s another reason, giving you a chance to address it via the IRCC web-form by submitting a letter of explanation and/or additional supporting documents.
Yes, GCMS notes always help to understand the processing in detail and gaps, if any. I recommend everyone to order GCMS notes as there is no harm in knowing about your application processing details.

Reactions: Auwa

Auwa

Apr 2, 2024
Another good way to find out the reason for a delay is to contact your local Member of Parliament who can be located using your postal code at www.ourcommons.ca and ask them to enquire with IRCC on the status of your application.

ash.ch

Star Member
Jan 15, 2024

Did you receive any update on your TRV after? The pr tracker shows that my background verification is in process.

Auwa

Apr 2, 2024
Did you receive any update on your TRV after? The pr tracker shows that my background verification is in process.
I need to understand exactly why the existing in-Canada PR applicants are experiencing TRV delays. For this, I enrolled the assistance of my local MP - they promised to get back to me in 14 days with an answer.

One possible reason would be a positive PR decision on approach - then it would indeed make no sense to issue a TRV, as PR holders are ineligible for it. But these are just my assumptions.

Sarashah

Mar 16, 2024
How long has it been stuck? Have you applied for PR beforehand?
I have applied since Nov/26/2023. Even tried to withdraw and reapply as I thought maybe my application was incomplete due to not providing bank statements and proof of funds but no feedback even to that. Tracker shows eligibility and criminal checks are complete but background is in process.

No, have not applied for PR yet.

Auwa

Apr 2, 2024
I have applied since Nov/26/2023. Even tried to withdraw and reapply as I thought maybe my application was incomplete due to not providing bank statements and proof of funds but no feedback even to that. Tracker shows eligibility and criminal checks are complete but background is in process.

No, have not applied for PR yet.
Wow, that’s really long. I suggest you contact your local Member of Parliament and ask them to check with IRCC on the status of your application.

Sarashah

Mar 16, 2024
I did. They told him the same story shown on my tracker. I am really devastated. I have been studying and living in Canada for 3 years. What does this supposed to mean