+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse and dependant

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
2 months is not guaranteed and you cannot look for a job during this time which is the problem. If IRCC really wanted to address the labour shortage, they would have given OWP directly instead of TRV to outland spouses, they could start working immediately after landing instead of doing nothing.

They have always done this for spouses of temporary residents, why cant they do this for spouses of permanent residents? Whatever their reason, this policy is stupid AF and makes no sense.
Being a temporary resident and getting PR are very different. They also have to balance the potential for immigration fraud. If there was guaranteed TRV and immediate OWP for spouses being sponsored whether Outland or inland the amount of fraud would likely increase. There will already be an increase in immigration fraud now that most spouses will able to get a TRV to enter Canada without much screening that they are in a genuine relationship. If there is also an OWP on arrival there are likely to be even more marriages or common law relationships for immigration purposes who will break up before they receive sponsorship or in the year after they receive sponsorship. Spouses receiving OWP while being sponsored inland are receiving their OWP within around 2 months which is faster than most international students or work permit holder who typically wait around 6 months for their OWP while also being outside Canada unable to get TRVs. The demand from couples was primarily to be reunited as a couple while waiting for sponsorship which was granted.

Suryarao611

Sep 23, 2020
My wife landed yesterday, later that evening I submitted a webform to update her address, phone number and ask for virtual landing once there is a final decision.
Today I took her to do the upfront medical, then applied for Open Work Permit, I also submitted webform on our sponsorship to upload the IME# so when IRCC ask her to do medical exam it will be automatically updated on our file.
Not sure when she will receive her work permit, but we have done everything we can now to get closer to our final goals which are PR and her being able to apply for SIN and find job in Canada.
hi, could you please share your wife's experience with Immigration officer? What questions were asked and what was her reply ? My spouse is travelling on Aug 2nd. Thanks for your inputs

Jayelomo18

Jul 26, 2023
Spousal PR Application Submitted : 19th April
Gckey linked : 22nd June
AOR : 23rd June
SA : 27th June
Biometrics : 27th June
Biometrics done : 30th June
Medical Request : 1st July
Medical Passed : 5th July

Applied TRV (IRCC portal): 21st July 2023
TRV Approved (and BVL letter received) : 28th July 2023

They approved the TRV in just 7 days. It's such a relief!!
congratulations. Please what documents did you submit? Did you mention return date? How much proof of fund? . Thanks

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi, could you please share your wife's experience with Immigration officer? What questions were asked and what was her reply ? My spouse is travelling on Aug 2nd. Thanks for your inputs
Purpose of visit, who are you visiting. How long are you staying, they won’t ask you that much to be honest. But for sure they would ask you for your return ticket.

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
My husbands TRV timeline: country Accra
May 30th application sent
July 25th BVL letter
July 26: eligibility went straight from not started to complete & visa details shown on tracker
July 28: PPR

NamNg

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
my wife got lucky because no CBSA officer asked her anything, she got off the plane, picked up her luggage and then went out the gate without getting asked a single question.

Reactions: InfoSeeker12

Alexiaaaa

Jul 26, 2023
My wife's TRV was approved last week, share my timeline here:

2023-07-14 submitted

Error encountered:
1. Unable to make payment/proceed when we were ready to pay. (Takes 12 hours before we made payment successfully)
2. At least 3 days of the blanket period, nothing showed up in the portal, even basic info in the top right corner. (We were anxious, 1stly cannot make payment, then nothing shows up.) Turns out everything is alright.

2023-07-19 Receive a Client Application Summary
2023-07-20 Submission Confirmation (AOR?)
2023-07-24 Eligibility passed
2023-07-28 PPR & BVL

Best wishes to whoever's still waiting and is going to apply.

Last edited:

Younes6888

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020

2023-07-14 submitted

Error encountered:
1. Unable to make payment/proceed when we were ready to pay. (Takes 12 hours before we made payment successfully)
2. At least 3 days of the blanket period, nothing showed up in the portal, even basic info in the top right corner. (We were anxious, 1stly cannot make payment, then nothing shows up.) Turns out everything is alright.

2023-07-28 PPR

Best wishes to whoever's still waiting.
VO?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013

2023-07-14 submitted

Error encountered:

2023-07-28 PPR & BVL

Best wishes to whoever's still waiting and is going to apply.
Congrats on getting TRV approved and PPR in less than 15 days!
What docs did you guys provide to satisfy that home ties? Did you also had to buy a ticket? one way, 2 way..etc.
Can you share some points what you wrote in your invitation letter?