+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for Retired Army officers from India

SSGhuman

Nov 27, 2014
Hi. Anyone have idea that how much time CIC take for background checking of army persons foR super visa application.
Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi. Anyone have idea that how much time CIC take for background checking of army persons foR super visa application.
Thanks
This thread indicates that it has taken even one year or longer in some cases..... or then maybe a few months at the minimum.

How long it takes to complete background checks would depend on the seniority of the rank held by the defense personnel + whether or not s/he was posted to border areas/ served in war or peace times/ handled high-security responsibilities, etc

SSGhuman

Nov 27, 2014
This thread indicates that it has taken even one year or longer in some cases..... or then maybe a few months at the minimum.

How long it takes to complete background checks would depend on the seniority of the rank held by the defense personnel + whether or not s/he was posted to border areas/ served in war or peace times/ handled high-security responsibilities, etc
But, when my father written a letter to his army headquarter in banglore then they reply that army headquarter not recevied any background verfication from canadian embassy till date. I applied for GCMS note & in GCMS i not seen any background check request.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
But, when my father written a letter to his army headquarter in banglore then they reply that army headquarter not recevied any background verfication from canadian embassy till date. I applied for GCMS note & in GCMS i not seen any background check request.
It's not necessary that IRCC will contact the army headquarters to seek the information that they need. Also, as this is confidential information, from whom IRCC sought the info/what was the report, etc will not show up in the GCMS notes

Kaur_anticipating

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hi All,

I am stuck in the same situation.
My Father is ex army retired 5 years back. we applied via a paper application a tourist visa for my father and mother to visit us here in Canada. Its already been more than a month, which is when I realised and read these posts that there are huge delays in visa for ex army personnel.

I have a few questions and your help or inputs will be highly appreciated -

1) As both my parents have applied together , Will my mother's visa who is a housewife also be delayed and both visa for my father and mother come together only ? (they have both applied 2 paper application submitted together)

2) My parents have valid US visas, and they need to travel next month to US for a wedding, but as in the paper application both their passports are currently submitted with Delhi VO. Can they retrieve just their passports for this travel? If yes, then what is the procedure and how much time will passport retrieval take.

3) In case as point 2, they get their passports while their application is still processed , Once the application is completed successfully, can they submit their passports in US or any other VO for stamping ? What would be the procedure there? will they have to contact respective VO first and get an approval to submit passports in US?

4) Any current timelines for Visa for ex army personnel these days? any one who has got the visa recently or submitted the application, kindly share your views.

Thanks a lot for all your help and apologies for a long post.
We are really worried as all our travel plans are in a fix due to this delay, as we went by the 28 days processing time as per the CIC site.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi All,

I am stuck in the same situation.
My Father is ex army retired 5 years back. we applied via a paper application a tourist visa for my father and mother to visit us here in Canada. Its already been more than a month, which is when I realised and read these posts that there are huge delays in visa for ex army personnel.

I have a few questions and your help or inputs will be highly appreciated -

1) As both my parents have applied together , Will my mother's visa who is a housewife also be delayed and both visa for my father and mother come together only ? (they have both applied 2 paper application submitted together)

2) My parents have valid US visas, and they need to travel next month to US for a wedding, but as in the paper application both their passports are currently submitted with Delhi VO. Can they retrieve just their passports for this travel? If yes, then what is the procedure and how much time will passport retrieval take.

3) In case as point 2, they get their passports while their application is still processed , Once the application is completed successfully, can they submit their passports in US or any other VO for stamping ? What would be the procedure there? will they have to contact respective VO first and get an approval to submit passports in US?

4) Any current timelines for Visa for ex army personnel these days? any one who has got the visa recently or submitted the application, kindly share your views.

Thanks a lot for all your help and apologies for a long post.
We are really worried as all our travel plans are in a fix due to this delay, as we went by the 28 days processing time as per the CIC site.
Hi,

I recommend you first link their paper applications to their GCKey/online account (not your account). You would have a correct status for their processing.

All applications from defense personnel are not put through background checks. It depends on a number of factors.

Do check whether or not Background Checks are being done when you link their applications

Cheers

Kaur_anticipating

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hi Bryanna

Thanks for your reply

I had already linked their paper application

Fathers application says - background check in progress
Mother’s application says - Background check not applicable

Thanks and best regards
Gurwinder

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Fathers application says - background check in progress
Mother’s application says - Background check not applicable
Okay.

To answer your previous questions:
We've seen both scenarios i.e. decisions in both cases can be given together or the non-background check applicant can get a decision first.

Can they retrieve just their passports for this travel? If yes, then what is the procedure and how much time will passport retrieval take.
Yes, they must send an email + CSEs to NDVO to request for their passports to be returned. Do include copies of their flight tickets + their US visas.

They must specifically state they are not withdrawing or cancelling their TRV applications + they will re-submit their passports whenever requested.

Once the application is completed successfully, can they submit their passports in US or any other VO for stamping ? What would be the procedure there? will they have to contact respective VO first and get an approval to submit passports in US?
Yes, they can submit their passports to a US VAC i.e. CSC for visa stamping. Do factor in at least 10-15 days for passport transmission for this

Kaur_anticipating

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Thank you so much for your reply..

I will be raising a CSE and sending a mail. Would you help with the NDVO emai ID?
Would you have an idea from your experience with other on this Forum, How much time can passports take to be received after we send this email and the CSE.

Do only army background people - have background checks in TRV.
Because my moms application says - Background check not applicable?

And does it always take like 6 months. I was really wishing them to visit us in Canada after their US visit?

Best Regards

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
[QUOTE="Kaur_anticipating, post: 7038668, member: 673948"Would you help with the NDVO emai ID?[/quote]
Here you go:
DELHI-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

Do mark the email as urgent.

Would you have an idea from your experience with other on this Forum, How much time can passports take to be received after we send this email and the CSE.
Normally between 7-10 days

Do only army background people - have background checks in TRV.
It could be any applicant whom IRCC would like to run background checks on. Mostly applicants from the defense services, police, those with work experience in critical areas or research, applicants who have traveled or lived in high-risk countries, etc.

Because my moms application says - Background check not applicable?
It's because of your dad's background checks.

And does it always take like 6 months. I was really wishing them to visit us in Canada after their US visit?
I don't mean to scare you. Background checks have even taken longer than 1 year in a few cases

Kaur_anticipating

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Thanks for all the answers Bryanna.
Ill go ahead to retrieve the passports atleast.

Jus wanted to ask you, basis your experience, people have been able to retrieve their passports right , while still getting the visa processed and later resubmitted upon PPR

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for all the answers Bryanna.
Ill go ahead to retrieve the passports atleast.

Jus wanted to ask you, basis your experience, people have been able to retrieve their passports right , while still getting the visa processed and later resubmitted upon PPR
Yes. You can search for the experience of 'ubfx' who had applied from Pakistan, Abu Dhabi visa office (they had background checks, withdrew their passports for travel to Europe, got PPR later and re-submitted the passports.... in fact, his wife and son submitted new passports)

Kaur_anticipating

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Awesome

Thanks - a bit of a relief - atleast can meet them up in US

Thanks a lot

I’ll share my experience so that later people can get helptoo

Yes. You can search for the experience of 'ubfx' who had applied from Pakistan, Abu Dhabi visa office (they had background checks, withdrew their passports for travel to Europe, got PPR later and re-submitted the passports.... in fact, his wife and son submitted new passports)
soe

Mitch 1126

Aug 23, 2018
Hi @Kaur_anticipating, do you have updates on your parents TRV application?

I am now also getting nervous with our TRV application. We are from Manila, PH. My husband and I applied for TRV on 13 Aug 2018. I am the main applicant. On the 15th of Aug, we got an email requesting my husband to provide his police background, the work that he did, his immediate superiors and service record. We submitted the documents on 17th Aug 18 including a certification from Human Rights that he do not have any violation. Ten years ago, he was doing counter terrorism work. Now, he works as a Veterinarian for the canine unit.

We both have valid B1/B2 multiple entry US visa and have travelled within southeast asia. My husband was also sent in a US sponsored training this July 2018 using an A2 visa. In our purpose to travel, we sent our confirmed airline tickets via USA/buffalo airport and hotel booking in niagara falls canada for 5 days. We just want to see Niagara falls as most people says that the view is way better in canada compared to the US.

I am now worried that our application might take longer than anticipated. Hopefully, we could get feedback before we travel in October.