15-03-2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
Hello all,

I am applying for a temporary resident visa so that I can travel abroad and come back to Canada. I have a post-graduation work permit, which is an open work permit, and I currently reside in Canada. One of the visa requirements is that I submit a letter from my employer. Does anyone know if my initial employment contract will be sufficient? I can also add a few new pay stubs to show that I am employed at this moment. My employer is reluctant about providing me with a letter specific to visa purposes.

Did anyone apply for a visa under similar conditions and what letter did you supply? Thanks in advance for all replies.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

MarsiaMS said:
Hello all,

I am applying for a temporary resident visa so that I can travel abroad and come back to Canada. I have a post-graduation work permit, which is an open work permit, and I currently reside in Canada. One of the visa requirements is that I submit a letter from my employer. Does anyone know if my initial employment contract will be sufficient? I can also add a few new pay stubs to show that I am employed at this moment. My employer is reluctant about providing me with a letter specific to visa purposes.

Did anyone apply for a visa under similar conditions and what letter did you supply? Thanks in advance for all replies.
1. It suggests a letter, but pay stubs are fine.

MarsiaMS

Jul 5, 2016
Northern British Columbia
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
Hi PMM,

Thanks for your response. I have a letter, but it is my initial employment letter, not the immigration-specific one. Have you applied and received a visa with paystubs only?