+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for Mother

SuuC

Jun 8, 2021
Hello, I want to apply for a TRV application for my mother who is a widow and earns family Pension income in India. I am a PR holder in Canada.

1. Can I apply on her behalf while being in Canada, if yes, can I open a CIC account in her name from Canada, fill up the application and submit it along with Authorized rep form or it will have to be done by her only from India

2. The VFS offices are currently closed in India so online is the best and the faster option and she cannot fill up the application by herself. Also, how do I support her application so that the TRV is approved, me and my wife have a job here, while my mother is a housewife

3. if I can open an Online CIC account from here, can I give my email address in that as she does not have one

4. How much duration of the visit should I apply for to have better chances of approval, she would stay for maybe 4-5 months

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, I want to apply for a TRV application for my mother who is a widow and earns family Pension income in India. I am a PR holder in Canada.

1. Can I apply on her behalf while being in Canada, if yes, can I open a CIC account in her name from Canada, fill up the application and submit it along with Authorized rep form or it will have to be done by her only from India

2. The VFS offices are currently closed in India so online is the best and the faster option and she cannot fill up the application by herself. Also, how do I support her application so that the TRV is approved, me and my wife have a job here, while my mother is a housewife

3. if I can open an Online CIC account from here, can I give my email address in that as she does not have one

4. How much duration of the visit should I apply for to have better chances of approval, she would stay for maybe 4-5 months

Thank you
Yes you can help your mother apply for a TRV from Canada. For the past 1.5 years visitors have not been able to do biometrics in India. If your mother has not done biometrics before she will either have to wait or consider going to another country. Before the recent surge of covid most went to UAE or Nepal. A TRV is primarily dependent on the finances of the person applying, their ties to their home country and their previous international travel to countries like the UK, US, Australia, etc. How long have you been working in Canada? To qualify for a supervisa you need to already have earned LICO in Canada.

Yaso4ka

Jun 11, 2021

Thank you
1. Yes, you can. That's what I did for my mom. Although, I used a VPN and connected to her home country, just in case. I uploaded all the forms from my computer. But to be on a safer side, I asked her to install Team Viewer on her PC, and when it was time to submit and pay the fees, I did it through Team Viewer (so basically her computer). Although I think it would be ok if I did from mine (but with VPN).
I was also my mom's representative (there is a special form for that), in case they'd have questions how she filled up all the applications (she doesn't speak English or French)
2. Attach as many documents as you can. It's better to upload more, than not enough. If she receives pension, show the proof of it. Show what property she has. Bank statements, pay slips, etc. Indicate if there is any family there with her. Anything that would show she has a reason to come back will work.
I would recommend for her to write a letter and explain why she would like to come.
From your side write an invitation letter and include all the details that are requested on the IRCC website. Also include your and your wife's PRs, letters of employment, bank info etc.
3. You should create an email for this purpose. It will be less confusing.
4. For TRV it really shouldn't be that long. There is no rule, but people usually recommend to write not more than a month or so.

Reactions: ajitmc

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
1. Yes, you can. That's what I did for my mom. Although, I used a VPN and connected to her home country, just in case. I uploaded all the forms from my computer. But to be on a safer side, I asked her to install Team Viewer on her PC, and when it was time to submit and pay the fees, I did it through Team Viewer (so basically her computer). Although I think it would be ok if I did from mine (but with VPN).
I was also my mom's representative (there is a special form for that), in case they'd have questions how she filled up all the applications (she doesn't speak English or French)
2. Attach as many documents as you can. It's better to upload more, than not enough. If she receives pension, show the proof of it. Show what property she has. Bank statements, pay slips, etc. Indicate if there is any family there with her. Anything that would show she has a reason to come back will work.
I would recommend for her to write a letter and explain why she would like to come.
From your side write an invitation letter and include all the details that are requested on the IRCC website. Also include your and your wife's PRs, letters of employment, bank info etc.
3. You should create an email for this purpose. It will be less confusing.
4. For TRV it really shouldn't be that long. There is no rule, but people usually recommend to write not more than a month or so.
There is no need to go to the extent of using a VPN an software to allow you to operate her computer. Many people help their parents fill out the application all they need their parents to do is sign any forms

Yaso4ka

Jun 11, 2021
‍♀
There is no need to go to the extent of using a VPN an software to allow you to operate her computer. Many people help their parents fill out the application all they need their parents to do is sign any forms
It says not to grant access to your account to anyone. They might delete the account if they suspect information leak. Which, in my case, could look like it, because they would see the account was entered from different countries. I mean, Facebook has concerns when you enter from different address, but Canada Immigration wouldn't?
Anyway, even if (maybe) uploading the files would be ok, there still is a requirement for electronic signature, which legally can only be performed by the applicant. And with distant help the best way to do it, is to use a free software.
The second option is for applicant to print, sign, scan and send all the forms to the person who is helping them. But the first variant just seemed easier to me and my mom.

Reactions: ajitmc

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
‍♀

It says not to grant access to your account to anyone. They might delete the account if they suspect information leak. Which, in my case, could look like it, because they would see the account was entered from different countries. I mean, Facebook has concerns when you enter from different address, but Canada Immigration wouldn't?
Anyway, even if (maybe) uploading the files would be ok, there still is a requirement for electronic signature, which legally can only be performed by the applicant. And with distant help the best way to do it, is to use a free software.
The second option is for applicant to print, sign, scan and send all the forms to the person who is helping them. But the first variant just seemed easier to me and my mom.
We have seen thousands of applicants on this forum help their parents apply without a VPN or other special software.