+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV cancelled and created Student Visa application

bhuvnvats

May 29, 2019
Hi,
I have applied a Temporary Resident Visa of my spouse and kids on 22nd march. I already got the work permit with a validity of 1 year. After 2 weeks on 6th April I got message under my spouse application that your kids TRV application has cancelled and processed as Student Visa, please pay the difference amount for same.
I have paid the visa fee difference and uploaded fee receipt online plus also send an email.
But now its more than 2 months there is no update on their application and online status shows that this is in-progress. I also send the web enquiry and email but there is no response.
Does anyone face a similar situation? Any idea why they cancelled my kids tourist visa and created student visa application.

bhuvnvats

May 29, 2019
So is there any time line.. I mean how much more I have to wait.. or is there any way to contact them where I get any update.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Wait a moment. How old are your children? Did you say that they would be studying in Canada? Did you provide letters of acceptance?

bhuvnvats

May 29, 2019
Right !! I got the work permit from my company for 1 year and would like them to travel as dependents with me. So I applied as visitor visa, I dont know why they cancelled their application and created Student visa application which is taking time more than expected.

melissahuang

Apr 27, 2018
sent the webform enquiry
Hi,
It's been a month, have you heard any from CIC?
My children's application was changed into cancelled too. They emailed me yesterday that my dependent kids are on school age (10 and 13 yo), so i have to pay another CAD 50 for open study permit. I followed the link and their status change to cancelled. should i wait? or should i send a webform to them?