+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV application via Singapore Visa Office (MULTIPLE ENTRY)

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
APAK said:
Hello forum members,

I have a question.hope u guys will help me out. I am a pakistani by nationality and am viaiyn malaysia next month. My sister in law is getting married in Canada in July and I want to attend hee wedding.all my inlaws and husband are canadians) . Is it possible for me to apply for visit visa TRV to Canada from Malaysia(Singapore office)? If yes,how long does it take?

Plz reply soon

Adepeng said:
Hi,

I got my passport back today from SVO with my approved MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA valid for 5 years.
Took them 14 days to process and 10 WORKING DAYS to mail it back to me.

Very happy with the visa office, so far they have kept to the promised timeline.

To answer your question, no i did not get my documents notarised.

Thanks ALL. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

cksan

Mar 15, 2013
kidrobot said:
Not sure. But if submit to SGVO, most of the applicant submit in paper, not online. You can try to email SGVO to ask them.
I did email for enquiry, and this is what I get from their electronic prompt reply:
If you do not have an application in process, you will not receive a reply to your enquiry.
*sigh* there is simply NO way to communicate with them...

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
cksan said:
I did email for enquiry, and this is what I get from their electronic prompt reply:*sigh* there is simply NO way to communicate with them...
I see. Fill in the form for each of your family member including yourself. All put in same envelope and post to SGVO. I guess the precessing time will be the same either apply online or in paper.

cksan

Mar 15, 2013
kidrobot said:
I see. Fill in the form for each of your family member including yourself. All put in same envelope and post to SGVO. I guess the precessing time will be the same either apply online or in paper.
Guess what we can do is only apply by sending courier.
thanks for your advice, buddy!

Just confirmed with a travel agent, husband/wife, parents/children can apply as a group online, but cousin can't.

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
cksan said:
Guess what we can do is only apply by sending courier.
thanks for your advice, buddy!

Just confirmed with a travel agent, husband/wife, parents/children can apply as a group online, but cousin can't.

Thanks for your information. Wish you good luck and happy travel!

ness.dumo

Nov 13, 2009
Hi,

Since you mentioned that you send your passport via DHL and received it via registered mail. I would like to ask how long will it take to return the passport from Singapore to Malaysia? I sent my passport through DHL, but they don't have any service now for a return courier. I'm kinda worried since I didn't received my passport yet, and its been 10 days since I submit it.

Thank you in advance for answering my query.

Sharonkooy

May 22, 2012
Hi there!

You mentioned that 14 days to process ur visitor visa. Is 14 working days or calendar days? I am applying for my husband and son visitor visa, but there is no response from cic yet. Very worry about that. Hope to hear from you. Thanks!

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
Sharonkooy said:
Hi there!

You mentioned that 14 days to process ur visitor visa. Is 14 working days or calendar days? I am applying for my husband and son visitor visa, but there is no response from cic yet. Very worry about that. Hope to hear from you. Thanks!
I sent my application by courier from KL to SG on 9 Jul , and got an email on 25 Jul requesting my passport after pestering several times after the 14 day mark came. I submitted my passport personally on 1 Aug and surprisingly, my visa's date of issue is 23 Jul.

They may have already approved (and maybe issued) your visa but there's a lag between then and the actual notification. My previous application which was refused took longer, and that was before the strike began to affect the office.

Sharonkooy

May 22, 2012
Hi Kais767,

You said that first time application had been refused by cic, what reason they refused ur application? How u apply for ur second application? Are u travel for leisure or visiting family and friends in canada? May I know in detail in ur case? I am helping my son and husband to submit their second application? Pls help. Thanks!

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
Sharonkooy said:
Hi Kais767,

You said that first time application had been refused by cic, what reason they refused ur application? How u apply for ur second application? Are u travel for leisure or visiting family and friends in canada? May I know in detail in ur case? I am helping my son and husband to submit their second application? Pls help. Thanks!
My trip is to visit friends in Vancouver. I had indicated that in my first application, and they took a few weeks to send a letter to me saying it's refused because of "purpose of visit" and "insufficient funds to affect my departure". Strange because I'd already included copies of my passport pages including valid Japanese and American visas.

The second time I included an invitation letter, letter from my school, even more bank statements of my parents and also a cover letter explaining the trip myself. The application for a single entry became as thick as an Oxford dictionary but it was worth it as I got the passport request after 16 or so days, this time by EMAIL.

So if you drop them an email asking what happened to it, and they say they will notify you by MAIL, then you're probably refused.