+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV application via Singapore Visa Office (MULTIPLE ENTRY)

Adepeng

Feb 11, 2013
Hi, i am a Malaysian and I applied for my temporary tourist visa mid Feb to visit my mom (Canadian PR) who is married to a Canadian citizen.
My mom has been diagnosed with Cancer so i applied for a multiple entry visa so i could visit her more often.

The last time, my visa was approved (10 years ago). Went and returned.

Would like to find out if this is sufficient, i submitted :

Bank statements (3 months Sep 2012 - Dec 2012)
Screenshots of saving accounts (CAD 8000)
Employee Provident Fund Statement
Letter from Employer stating position, salary, date of leave taken and date expected back (company is half Canadian)
6 months payslip
Marriage certificate (husband is in Malaysia, not accompanying me on intended trip)
Identification Card Copy
Invitation Letter from Mom stating she will be hosting my stay (did not include her financial documents)
Copy of mom's PR card and her husband's citizenship certificate
Mom's medical report from her doctor
Old passport (stamped with visits to Japan, UAE, Taiwan, Singapore, China)

Exactly 14 days later, I received an e-mail from them saying:

Processing of your application has been completed at the High Commission of Canada in Singapore. Please advise how do you wish us to return the passport.

No indication on whether or not it is approved.
Apparently it takes 10 days for them to mail it to me.

Any thoughts on whether my documents are strong enough for a multiple entry visa?
If it is rejected, will they issue me a single entry visa or do i need to reapply?

The suspense is killing me.

THANKS GUYS.

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
Adepeng said:
Hi, i am a Malaysian and I applied for my temporary tourist visa mid Feb to visit my mom (Canadian PR) who is married to a Canadian citizen.
My mom has been diagnosed with Cancer so i applied for a multiple entry visa so i could visit her more often.

The last time, my visa was approved (10 years ago). Went and returned.

Would like to find out if this is sufficient, i submitted :

Bank statements (3 months Sep 2012 - Dec 2012)
Screenshots of saving accounts (CAD 8000)
Employee Provident Fund Statement
Letter from Employer stating position, salary, date of leave taken and date expected back (company is half Canadian)
6 months payslip
Marriage certificate (husband is in Malaysia, not accompanying me on intended trip)
Identification Card Copy
Invitation Letter from Mom stating she will be hosting my stay (did not include her financial documents)
Copy of mom's PR card and her husband's citizenship certificate
Mom's medical report from her doctor
Old passport (stamped with visits to Japan, UAE, Taiwan, Singapore, China)

Exactly 14 days later, I received an e-mail from them saying:

Processing of your application has been completed at the High Commission of Canada in Singapore. Please advise how do you wish us to return the passport.

No indication on whether or not it is approved.
Apparently it takes 10 days for them to mail it to me.

Any thoughts on whether my documents are strong enough for a multiple entry visa?
If it is rejected, will they issue me a single entry visa or do i need to reapply?

The suspense is killing me.

THANKS GUYS.

Hi Adepeng,

If you provide all the documents that they need I think should be no problem. You can contact them to check whether your Visa has approved or not. Call and email them immediately. You send your passport and documents via courier?

http://postimage.org/image/4y9tqgb3t/
Please refer to the picture attached. I have some question about Question 9.

As you know Malaysia Visa Office has closed and all the files transfer to SGVO. So you tick yes/ no in Question 9. I'm confused with this new form.

Sincerely,
Kidrobot

Adepeng

Feb 11, 2013
I dont think the SVO has a number you can call... besides i also understand they do not entertain e-mails within the processing times.
It is indeed very frustrating.

Well, i will have to wait and see i guess.

I was feeling quite positive until i read some stories here in this forum about TRVs being rejected despite providing all relevant proof.
I have ties in Canada (mother) and also back home in Malaysia (husband); am employed by a half-Canadian company, above average income, so my fingers are crossed.

Maybe it would help since i have visited Canada a total of 4 times in my life (2 times before visa was imposed, 2 times after it was imposed).
Always returned back to Malaysia.

For question 9, i checked NO because i am applying from Malaysia and not Singapore.
In the COUNTRY, i put Malaysia and Status is Citizenship.

I just don't understand why they cannot give us the decision in their e-mail since they are already writing to us anyway.

Anyway, will keep everyone posted on the outcome.

If it is rejected, i will reapply and maybe include my insurance policy and also purchase travel insurance?
A stronger letter from my Canadian company to state my intention for a short trip?

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
Adepeng said:
I dont think the SVO has a number you can call... besides i also understand they do not entertain e-mails within the processing times.
It is indeed very frustrating.

Well, i will have to wait and see i guess.

I was feeling quite positive until i read some stories here in this forum about TRVs being rejected despite providing all relevant proof.
I have ties in Canada (mother) and also back home in Malaysia (husband); am employed by a half-Canadian company, above average income, so my fingers are crossed.

Maybe it would help since i have visited Canada a total of 4 times in my life (2 times before visa was imposed, 2 times after it was imposed).
Always returned back to Malaysia.

For question 9, i checked NO because i am applying from Malaysia and not Singapore.
In the COUNTRY, i put Malaysia and Status is Citizenship.

I just don't understand why they cannot give us the decision in their e-mail since they are already writing to us anyway.

Anyway, will keep everyone posted on the outcome.

If it is rejected, i will reapply and maybe include my insurance policy and also purchase travel insurance?
A stronger letter from my Canadian company to state my intention for a short trip?

Thanks for your answer. Appreciated your help.

Since you have a good record of apply visa in the past so i guess there should be no problem. And also i can see that you have strong tight to Malaysia so i believe this can convince the Visa Officer.

Reply them in the email to check when can you receive your passport & whether successfully get your TRV Visa.

Email them and call to the SGVO. After 13 days of date of apply you can call to check.

Sometimes is difficult to understand their email. That's why we are here looking for help.

Hope other senior who view this post can help to answer your question.

Adepeng

Feb 11, 2013
Hi,

I got my passport back today from SVO with my approved MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA valid for 5 years.
Took them 14 days to process and 10 WORKING DAYS to mail it back to me.

Very happy with the visa office, so far they have kept to the promised timeline.

To answer your question, no i did not get my documents notarised.

Thanks ALL. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
Adepeng said:
Hi,

I got my passport back today from SVO with my approved MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA valid for 5 years.
Took them 14 days to process and 10 WORKING DAYS to mail it back to me.

Very happy with the visa office, so far they have kept to the promised timeline.

To answer your question, no i did not get my documents notarised.

Thanks ALL. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Congrats Adepeng! So you post your passport and documents together to SGVO? Which courier service are you using? DHL or UPS? So how they return your passport to you? Return with regular mail?

Wish you all the best!

Adepeng

Feb 11, 2013
Yes, i submitted my application along with supporting documents, old passport and existing new passport.
I sent it to SVO via DHL service and they returned it to me via Singapore registered mail.

Extremely safe.

Thank you. Good luck to you other applicants!

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
Adepeng said:
Yes, i submitted my application along with supporting documents, old passport and existing new passport.
I sent it to SVO via DHL service and they returned it to me via Singapore registered mail.

Extremely safe.

Thank you. Good luck to you other applicants!

Did you mention you are sending passport? Heard that if sending passport, courier company will request sender buy insurance, isn't it?

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
Adepeng said:
Yup, sent via DHL. No insurance purchased.
Thank you so much Adepeng! :)

in the SGVO TRV Checklist, it said "Your name must be printed on the bank draft". This means print on the back or where?

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
Adepeng, I forgot to ask you how do you fill in the " indicate how long you plan to stay" ? And also you select Tourism or other in Purpose of Visit?

cksan

Mar 15, 2013
Hi, may I know if family members plan to travel together(same destination, time period, purpose), can we apply the TRV as a group online?

APAK

Nov 7, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
File Transfer...
Transferred to ottawa in Nov 2012,transferred to ISB july 2013
LANDED..........
cannot wait!!
Hello forum members,

I have a question.hope u guys will help me out. I am a pakistani by nationality and am viaiyn malaysia next month. My sister in law is getting married in Canada in July and I want to attend hee wedding.all my inlaws and husband are canadians) . Is it possible for me to apply for visit visa TRV to Canada from Malaysia(Singapore office)? If yes,how long does it take?

Plz reply soon

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
cksan said:
Hi, may I know if family members plan to travel together(same destination, time period, purpose), can we apply the TRV as a group online?

Not sure. But if submit to SGVO, most of the applicant submit in paper, not online. You can try to email SGVO to ask them.