App. Filed.......
oct 4 2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
open work permit Dec 11 2011
IELTS Request
started pro base in ECAS Oct 17 2013
hi everybody!

i just sent my application for TRV in ottawa today, i hope it went well and did it right.
I'm from toronto. ;) i will keep posted bwt this. tnx

mhox

Nov 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
NOC Code......
Live in Caregiver Prog
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
oct 4 2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
open work permit Dec 11 2011
IELTS Request
started pro base in ECAS Oct 17 2013
hi! to all,
i received my TRV this Nov. 21, it was fast process, im thankful.. Goodluck ! :-* :)

siobe

Nov 20, 2012
hi guys!

anyone on the same situation?

I'd like to extend my stay here in Canada and apply for the renewal of my TRV. I have a valid WP which will expire on 2014 but I'm no longer connected with that company. I checked the CIC site and it requires employment letter. All I have were pay stubs from my previous employer. I'm actually planning to leave the country and get a new WP at the border. I already have an approved LMO from my new employer.

Can I still apply for a TRV in Ottawa?

Thanks!

jetz

Dec 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
to those who already applied or received their trv..what forms of payment did you guys used? im planning to send my application next week..thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

och said:
Hi guys any Idea if this is quick 3 weeks turn around is applicable to TRV applicants from all provinces or its just Alberta and BC. I am thinking I should apply before I go to the UK. Below is what I had intended

I want to visit the uk i already got my uk visa but my trv is expired. on the CIC website it takes 90 days to apply from ottawa but same day to apply from the uk. My work permit is valid till sept 2014. I have a valid us visa too. My fear is will i be allowed into the uk? I already bought my ticket before it occured to me. I think worst case senario i can fly to the us to gain entry back to canada. Pls input guys.
1. Duh Canada is one country. 3/4 weeks for TRV in Ottawa from all applicants with valid work/study permits and there is no problem with the application.
2. Nope, flying to the US from the UK without a valid TRV for Canada, will be probably get you bounced, since the BSO isn't stupid. They will see you left Canada to other than the US and St. Pierre et Miquelon and then attempted to return to Canada without a valid TRV.

MasterGeek

Jul 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2012
AOR Received.
24-05-2012
Med's Request
24-05-2012
Med's Done....
30-05-2012
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
August 2013
Did anyone apply for a TRV in Ottawa using the new online method ?

pnvtx

Feb 10, 2013
Hi ,

I sent my TRV application to Ottawa office on 31st Jan and they received it on 1st Feb.
I planned abroad trip on 28th Feb. Will i get the TRV before that?

MasterGeek

Jul 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2012
AOR Received.
24-05-2012
Med's Request
24-05-2012
Med's Done....
30-05-2012
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
August 2013
Application submitted online on January 22nd, received a request to send my passport today.

MasterGeek

Jul 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2012
AOR Received.
24-05-2012
Med's Request
24-05-2012
Med's Done....
30-05-2012
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
August 2013
job_seeker said:
So what's the advantage of applying online? Faster processing?
I don't think that it is faster, it's a little bit slower. Processing takes about the same time as a paper application but then you need to add days for sending the passport once application is approved and wait for passport return. Where as with a paper application, they already have the passport that they send back when they approve the application.

However, the online application has a few advantages:
  • Easy process: No paper forms to fill, a clear list of only the required documents based on answers to the simple online questionnaire
  • Confirmation that they received the application and payment
  • You keep your passport while they are processing the application

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Guess I'll do it the old fashioned way then, snail mail :) Thanks.

MasterGeek said:
I don't think that it is faster, it's a little bit slower. Processing takes about the same time as a paper application but then you need to add days for sending the passport once application is approved and wait for passport return. Where as with a paper application, they already have the passport that they send back when they approve the application.

However, the online application has a few advantages:
  • Easy process: No paper forms to fill, a clear list of only the required documents based on answers to the simple online questionnaire
  • Confirmation that they received the application and payment
  • You keep your passport while they are processing the application

Aman82

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Hi ,

Plesae help ,i am going to send application for TRV.I want to know,,i have to send Bank statment with application or not?
if i don,t send then it will effect for processing ?

thanks

MasterGeek

Jul 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2012
AOR Received.
24-05-2012
Med's Request
24-05-2012
Med's Done....
30-05-2012
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
August 2013
Use the online questionnaire to check which documents to send

pnvtx

Feb 10, 2013
If somebody received TRV recently can you please post details like when it was submitted and when exactly was it reeived. I just want to get some idea whether i will receive TRV by 28 or i will have to postpone my travel plans. Please post the details.