Services
Departments
Français

Symbol of the Government of Canada

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Search
Search website
Site menu

Immigrate(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
Visit(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
Work(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
Study(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
Citizenship(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
New immigrants(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
Canadians(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
My Application(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)

Breadcrumb trail

Home
My application
Processing times

Processing times: Temporary Residence

This information is updated weekly. It indicates the time (in calendar days) it takes to process an application after we receive a complete application package. Processing times are subject to change.

Last update: June 12, 2013
Alert – Strike Action

The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas.

Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages.

Anyone applying for a visa should anticipate delays and submit their application as far in advance as possible.

Contingency plans are already in place to ensure all offices remain open and are providing at least a minimum level of service. Priority will be placed on urgent humanitarian applications.

CIC continues to closely monitor the situation.

Hey I applied for TRV on 20 May through VAC Abu Dhabi,UAE as a Omani Citizen and still waiting for any response from UAE embassy,Abu Dhabi.Tracking on VAC website shows only application is under processing.CIC website shows processing time for Abu Dha 17 days and UAE embssy shows 5 working days.But in the recent update on 5 june of CIC I found this new information which I am sharing above for comments and expert opinions appreciated.
Thanks
dmj54

anmol123

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
yes it website is sing 17 working days what is status of your application did you get the approve or still waiting for answer please ?

Regards,,

anmol123

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Dear don't worry you will get your visa they send your case to Canada immigration for trv approval its take a time,,

best of luck,
regards,

anmol123

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Dear dmj54

hi how are you what is the status for your application did you get any information from abu dhabi embassy,

anmol123

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Dear dmj54
when you will get the replay please do let me know for the status,
thanks in advance for your replay,

dmj54

Jan 29, 2013
Alhamdolillah ! I received my passport with visa after about a month.Thanks to all!

anmol123

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
congratulation dear have you apply visitor visa or business purpose and what documents have you attached with the application please,
thanks in advance for your replay,

Elleana

Jul 9, 2013
Hi,
I did apply for TRV in Canadian Embassy Abu Dhabi dated May 2, 2013 and received an e-mail to send passport dated June 20, 2013. Passport was sent June 26, 2013 and received by the embassy on June 30, 2013. From that day I haven't receive any information or updates on the status of my passport. I just want to know if anyone did apply for TRV and have the same case with mine. I will be traveling on the 14th of July to US but not sure if I can get my passport back. I am planning to send someone as my representative to follow up on my passport. Would this be possible? What would be the requirements aside from the signed authorization that I have?

Elleana

Jul 9, 2013
Elleana said:
Hi,
I did apply for TRV in Canadian Embassy Abu Dhabi dated May 2, 2013 and received an e-mail to send passport dated June 20, 2013. Passport was sent June 26, 2013 and received by the embassy on June 30, 2013. From that day I haven't receive any information or updates on the status of my passport. I just want to know if anyone did apply for TRV and have the same case with mine. I will be traveling on the 14th of July to US but not sure if I can get my passport back. I am planning to send someone as my representative to follow up on my passport. Would this be possible? What would be the requirements aside from the signed authorization that I have?

anmol123

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Elleana said:
Hi,
you are from which nationality and what purpose you have apply the visa after submit the passport you have to wait 7 to 10 working days because of Russ in the embassy,,,

moe2011

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/04/2011
Med's Request
20/07/2011
Passport Req..
15/10/2011
VISA ISSUED...
12/12/2011
LANDED..........
16-06-2012
Hi all,

my mother in law has applied for Super Visa on June 17th and status is showing under process. my questions what is the next step if its approved?is there medical test has to be done?

nabilkhan

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
any TRV approve in July or August??? are they work in embassy or work is stop totally????