+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Application For Mother In-law Still Not Out After One Year. Why?

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
Hello,
In September 2020, I submitted TRV application for my mother in-law to visit us in Canada to see her grand son.
October 5th, she did her Biometrics in Lagos. And since January 2021, her application status online have been showing; We are processing your application. And till date it's still showing samething even after I had submitted the webform on the 4th of August 2021. Which is more than 14 days now. Still, I haven't heard from CIC.
No acknowledgement of receiving my webform submitted more than a month ago.
Please what's the way forward?
Is this actually normall?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
In September 2020, I submitted TRV application for my mother in-law to visit us in Canada to see her grand son.
October 5th, she did her Biometrics in Lagos. And since January 2021, her application status online have been showing; We are processing your application. And till date it's still showing samething even after I had submitted the webform on the 4th of August 2021. Which is more than 14 days now. Still, I haven't heard from CIC.
No acknowledgement of receiving my webform submitted more than a month ago.
Please what's the way forward?
Is this actually normall?
Did to submit a request to prioritize her application during the process? When it comes to webforms 14 days is just an approximation. Wait for a response for the other 2 before sending another one. Unfortunately the system gets overwhelmed when people send multiple copies of the same emails. Over the past weeks many resources have been reallocated to deal with the Afghanistan situation.

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
Did to submit a request to prioritize her application during the process? When it comes to webforms 14 days is just an approximation. Wait for a response for the other 2 before sending another one. Unfortunately the system gets overwhelmed when people send multiple copies of the same emails. Over the past weeks many resources have been reallocated to deal with the Afghanistan situation.
Yes I did. That was what submitted on the webform. Though no medical note from a Doctor was included when I sent it on the webform. My friend said I ought to have included such note from a Doctor. Is he correct?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes I did. That was what submitted on the webform. Though no medical note from a Doctor was included when I sent it on the webform. My friend said I ought to have included such note from a Doctor. Is he correct?
Your doctor would have had to fill out a form indicating that this is a humanitarians and compassionate situation that requires urgent entry to Canada which is usually reserved for things like funerals, sudden serious medical situation like a heart attack, serious car crash, etc. or end of life. Your mother would still need to qualify for a TRV. Have you sent a webform asking whether there is a reason her application hasn’t been processed yet even though she qualifies for a travel exemption. That doesn’t guarantee approval but it is strange that you haven’t received an answer. I would also ask your MP to contact IRCC but they’ll need to wait for a few weeks. Only questions regarding Afghanistan are being processed at the moment.

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
Yeah! Very strange. But if there's no critical serious medical situation, will a Doctor in Canada agree to write that?
As per being qualified, I think she is qualified. On her online account, CIC wrote "we do not need any more document from you at this time. Which I think means all documentation is ok and good to go. But yet still being delayed after almost a year.
Secondly, she is my wife mother who wanted to visit to see her grand son that was born in November 2020. But I wrote and signed the invitation letter, and included my personal bank statement as my wife is not working for now. She's taking care of the baby and we're expecting second baby by next year February 2022 hopefully. Sequel to that, the mother too has no income, but we have been sending her money from here sometimes. But we budgeted about $40,000 for her visit, as shown in my bank statement. Will that be enough? Will she be refused Visa for not having personal income statement?
Will my personal bank account statement be enough? Thanks for all the help.
Regards,

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
I called CIC number to get an update on the application. The lady I spoke with said she cannot release any information about the application to me, even when I had submitted The Authority to release Personal information and The Use of Representative Forms earlier when I submitted the application. She said the applicant should send the form authorizing to have access to her application information.
QUESTION:
1. Should I submit the said forms via the webform again? I had already submitted some document via the webform last month in August. And when I tried to upload the forms, I saw this notice: "Please do not submit this form more than once".
Please what should I do?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yeah! Very strange. But if there's no critical serious medical situation, will a Doctor in Canada agree to write that?
As per being qualified, I think she is qualified. On her online account, CIC wrote "we do not need any more document from you at this time. Which I think means all documentation is ok and good to go. But yet still being delayed after almost a year.
Secondly, she is my wife mother who wanted to visit to see her grand son that was born in November 2020. But I wrote and signed the invitation letter, and included my personal bank statement as my wife is not working for now. She's taking care of the baby and we're expecting second baby by next year February 2022 hopefully. Sequel to that, the mother too has no income, but we have been sending her money from here sometimes. But we budgeted about $40,000 for her visit, as shown in my bank statement. Will that be enough? Will she be refused Visa for not having personal income statement?
Will my personal bank account statement be enough? Thanks for all the help.
Regards,
Looks like the big issue is the strength of her application. How did you and your partner get your PR or citizenship? Did either of you ever apply for asylum? The fact that she doesn’t have her own funds and is dependent on you for all her finances will be a concern. Does she own property? Has she ever travelled internationally to countries like the UK, US, etc. in the past 5-10 years? What proof has she provided that she will return home after her visit? A doctor’s note for PHAC would likely have no impact to visit a grandchild that is 6+ months old. You can try to apply for PHAC for this new pregnancy if your OB/GYN or midwife is willing to fill out the forms. Approval doesn’t guarantee that she will get TRV approval. Based on your posts she does want to remain in Canada permanently which is why there is likely concerns about approving her TRV.

Reactions: Naturgrl

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
Looks like the big issue is the strength of her application. How did you and your partner get your PR or citizenship? Did either of you ever apply for asylum? The fact that she doesn’t have her own funds and is dependent on you for all her finances will be a concern. Does she own property? Has she ever travelled internationally to countries like the UK, US, etc. in the past 5-10 years? What proof has she provided that she will return home after her visit? A doctor’s note for PHAC would likely have no impact to visit a grandchild that is 6+ months old. You can try to apply for PHAC for this new pregnancy if your OB/GYN or midwife is willing to fill out the forms. Approval doesn’t guarantee that she will get TRV approval. Based on your posts she does want to remain in Canada permanently which is why there is likely concerns about approving her TRV.
I landed as a PR under the Federal Skilled Worker's program in 2009. I am a Canadian Citizen. Sponsored my wife under Spouse Sponsorship program - PR. We both have never claimed Asylum in Canada or any where in the World. Yeah, she has a property of her own. And she has never traveled oversees before. She'll will not even like to stay in Canada for more than 3 months according to her. She has her own small business back home, though not registered. She has daughters who also needs her support/services when they have their babies back home. So we can't really hold her down here in Canada. She doesn't even like Canada much because of cold. Mama is so proud of her country. In fact, she has been telling us to leave that very cold country and come back home with good sunshine all year round - Hahahahaha.......Lol. So she's actually not a fan of Canada. She'll definitely go back after her short visit.
Finally, please kindly through more light on your statement above: "A doctor’s note for PHAC would likely have NO IMPACT to visit a grandchild that is 6+ months old". Please kindly send me the link to the PHAC application. What's the process?
Thanks,

Last edited:

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
Hello,
I need an urgent advise from this forum. Trying to resubmit the TRV Application for my mother in-law.
I am just confused about the Application forms. I have completed the IRCC form with lots of question and supporting document to uploads.
I have also completed Form #: - imm0006e-2020-10-09 - Application for authorization and statutory declaration for the purpose of entry into Canada for extended family member’s COVID-19 Emergency, as I couldn't located the form for Immediate family member. My mother In-law is an immediate family member, because her daughter is the one inviting her.
Should I use form IMM006E-2020-10-09 - Application for Authorization and statutory declaration for extended family member for her as immediate family member? I am confused, Please I need clarification on this.

Secondly! Having done that;
A. Should I also complete TRV Application Form #: IMM5257e after completing IRCC form online?
B. Do I need to apply for the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) approval for an immediate family member of a Canadian Citizen/Permanent Resident?
Thanks for all the help.
Thanks,
Wisdom7