+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV application 2017 approved (while Spousal PR is in process)

yogimukti

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO (New Delhi)
App. Filed.......
November 7th 2016
AOR Received.
SA approval on 30th November 2016. AOR2 on 12th December 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (8th October 2016)
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2017
LANDED..........
25-08-2017
Below is my experience and few cents for those who are applying/thinking to apply for their's spouse's TRV when her/his PR application is in process.''

Background:
  • Rejected TRV before marriage for following reasons:
  • Travel history
  • Strong ties to home country
  • Current status of employment
  • No T4 slips or IT documents of host (came to know after applying for GCMS notes)
Steps I took later:
  • Got married after few months of TRV rejection.
  • I was thinking of doing a court marriage and then immediately applying for PR but later dropped this idea as NDVO is pretty rigid about traditional norms followed while getting married.
  • So got married in a a traditional manner.
  • After applying for PR I thought that NDVO will process and finalize applications in ~ 6 months(at-least hoping for background check get started) but I was wrong.
  • I am still waiting for my wife's PR application to get finalized.
  • After applying for spousal PR I waited for 4 months and then decided (finally convinced my wife) to apply for TRV again.(Trust me this was really tough having 1st TRV rejection in place and Spousal PR also in process.
  • Plus many applicants on canadavisa forum were little hesitant to apply again rather applying for TRV itself.
  • But as they say H.O.P.E.(Hold On till Pain Ends) is the thing which drives you through tough phase there were some members who encouraged idea of applying again with strong inputs).
Documents from the applicant:
  • NOC letter from her employer.
  • Leave approval letter from immediate manager/boss
  • Aadhar Card copy
  • Company employee ID
  • Income tax return documents for last 2 years.
  • Salary slips for last 6 months.
  • Car ownership document.
  • Home ownership document(index 2 copy and agreement between buyer and seller)
  • Notarized affidavit stating :
  • Financial assets (such as gold jewelries, fixed deposits and total balance in saving account till date)
  • Commitment that applicant is coming back after proposed stay.
  • Previous air travel boarding pass and eticket scanned copy (to prove travel history in the past)
  • Passport scanned copy showing immigration stamps.
  • Purpose of travel : wedding reception party
  • Proposed stay (I have mentioned 2 months)
  • Bookings such as hotels, reception dinner party event details (including invitation card and guest list with their contact details)
  • Return ticket booking.
  • Travel itinerary showing date to date planning when my wife will be in Canada (from airport pickup --> weekend trip details --> airport drop off :))
  • Based on points mentioned on this link "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/processing/index.asp"""I have drafted a letter which has my stand for every point mentioned in above URL. The points were :
  • Purpose of visit
  • Length of proposed stay in Canada
  • Travel history
  • Strong ties (Family, Job, assets like real estate property, car) to home country(India)
  • Current employment situation + Personal assets and financial status to carry out my stay in Canada
  • Immigration status (In-Process PR application and approved Sponsorship)
  • Understanding of liability towards CIC rules and regulations.
  • Travel itinerary
A Strong letter of explanation mentioning our relationship history, how we got married and explaining strong ties to home country such as :
  • Commitment towards Job,
  • Parents and In laws still in home country,
  • PR application (with file number) is still in process and wont do anything which will put PR application at risk.
  • Marriage certificate for the proof of relationship plus scanned copies of photos (10 photos) of our marriage ceremony and few honeymoon pics.
  • Proof of medical exam ( attached same document which I attached to PR application as it was not old)
Supporting letter for previous TRV refusal which includes:
  • Tabular representation of each refusal reason and how the situation is improved while applying again.
  • Declaration about understanding of CIC's TRV regulations and its impact on future life in Canada.
  • Medical health insurance purchase receipt. (A health insurance plan for 2 months from manulife)
Documents from host:
  • PR scanned copy
  • Sponsorship approval document (very important)
  • Scanned passport showing immigration stamps (in case if visa office matches with my wife's passport)')
  • Marriage certificate
  • T4 copies (this was mentioned in GCMS notes of previous TRV application of my wife)
  • Salary slips of last 4 months
  • Letter from employer showing status of job, base salary start date etc.
  • Lease copy of rented apartment
  • Letter from landlord stating about my stay.
  • Reception dinner party hall booking confirmation with exact date and time and # of guest attending.
  • Photos of applicant and forms filled correctly.
Application Details:
  • Date I applied : 10th April 2017
  • The official processing time was 22 days.
  • But it took more than that (almost 45 days. Pretty lengthy... yeah!)
  • I contacted local MP for delay after processing time has passed. I must say that the local MP office was pretty helpful and I truly appreciate their help throughout the process. they had sent inquiry to NDVO office as well.
  • Finally after long wait I saw the "original passport request" from CIC. I cant describe this moment in words :)
I am really thankful to all members here who helped me throughout the process.
:):):):):)The next mission : Make your wife's stay happy ... happening !' yeyyyyyyy :):):):):):)

Fa93

Jun 1, 2017
Oh ok thanks for all the info congratulations :) that means there is hope :) but ofc alot of luck also works in it did u apply urself or lawyer ?

AvNv

Apr 7, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
File Transfer...
04-04-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
18-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
29-06-2017
Below is my experience and few cents for those who are applying/thinking to apply for their's spouse's TRV when her/his PR application is in process.''

Background:
  • Travel history
  • No T4 slips or IT documents of host (came to know after applying for GCMS notes)
Steps I took later:
  • I was thinking of doing a court marriage and then immediately applying for PR but later dropped this idea as NDVO is pretty rigid about traditional norms followed while getting married.
  • After applying for PR I thought that NDVO will process and finalize applications in ~ 6 months(at-least hoping for background check get started) but I was wrong.
  • After applying for spousal PR I waited for 4 months and then decided (finally convinced my wife) to apply for TRV again.(Trust me this was really tough having 1st TRV rejection in place and Spousal PR also in process.
  • Plus many applicants on canadavisa forum were little hesitant to apply again rather applying for TRV itself.
  • But as they say H.O.P.E.(Hold On till Pain Ends) is the thing which drives you through tough phase there were some members who encouraged idea of applying again with strong inputs).
  • Aadhar Card copy
  • Company employee ID
  • Financial assets (such as gold jewelries, fixed deposits and total balance in saving account till date)
  • Previous air travel boarding pass and eticket scanned copy (to prove travel history in the past)
  • Bookings such as hotels, reception dinner party event details (including invitation card and guest list with their contact details)
  • Return ticket booking.
  • Travel itinerary showing date to date planning when my wife will be in Canada (from airport pickup --> weekend trip details --> airport drop off :))
  • Based on points mentioned on this link "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/processing/index.asp"""I have drafted a letter which has my stand for every point mentioned in above URL. The points were :
  • Purpose of visit
  • Travel history
  • Strong ties (Family, Job, assets like real estate property, car) to home country(India)
  • Current employment situation + Personal assets and financial status to carry out my stay in Canada
  • Travel itinerary
A Strong letter of explanation mentioning our relationship history, how we got married and explaining strong ties to home country such as :
  • PR application (with file number) is still in process and wont do anything which will put PR application at risk.
  • Marriage certificate for the proof of relationship plus scanned copies of photos (10 photos) of our marriage ceremony and few honeymoon pics.
  • Proof of medical exam ( attached same document which I attached to PR application as it was not old)
  • Tabular representation of each refusal reason and how the situation is improved while applying again.
  • Declaration about understanding of CIC's TRV regulations and its impact on future life in Canada.
  • Medical health insurance purchase receipt. (A health insurance plan for 2 months from manulife)
Documents from host:
  • PR scanned copy
  • Scanned passport showing immigration stamps (in case if visa office matches with my wife's passport)')
  • Marriage certificate
  • T4 copies (this was mentioned in GCMS notes of previous TRV application of my wife)
  • Reception dinner party hall booking confirmation with exact date and time and # of guest attending.
Application Details:
  • I contacted local MP for delay after processing time has passed. I must say that the local MP office was pretty helpful and I truly appreciate their help throughout the process. they had sent inquiry to NDVO office as well.
  • Finally after long wait I saw the "original passport request" from CIC. I cant describe this moment in words :)
:):):):):)The next mission : Make your wife's stay happy ... happening !' yeyyyyyyy :):):):):):)
Congrats and really useful info!!

325i

Star Member
May 30, 2017

Background:
  • Travel history
Steps I took later:
  • Aadhar Card copy
  • Company employee ID
  • Return ticket booking.
  • Purpose of visit
  • Travel history
  • Travel itinerary
Documents from host:
  • PR scanned copy
  • Marriage certificate
Application Details:
Oh my god, congratulations you guys put a lot of effort! I applied for my TRV with maybe a third of the amount of documents you provided and got approved now it took a while and while the time passed I was thinking we did

yogimukti

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO (New Delhi)
App. Filed.......
November 7th 2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2017
LANDED..........
25-08-2017
Oh my god, congratulations you guys put a lot of effort! I applied for my TRV with maybe a third of the amount of documents you provided and got approved now it took a while and while the time passed I was thinking we did
Thanks buddy.
Yes ... It was a very long, patience testing process. But finally we got the fruits.

yogimukti

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO (New Delhi)
App. Filed.......
November 7th 2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2017
LANDED..........
25-08-2017
Oh ok thanks for all the info congratulations :) that means there is hope :) but ofc alot of luck also works in it did u apply urself or lawyer ?
I applied myself. My case was pretty straightforward but the only tricky part was previous TRV refusal and currently ongoing spousal PR application.

yogimukti

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO (New Delhi)
App. Filed.......
November 7th 2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2017
LANDED..........
25-08-2017

AryaStark

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi,

Can you tell me the dox you gave for TRV to convince CIC about the strong ties to home country.
I am in a similar situation where my PR is in process and I plan to apply for TRV next month.

Thanks!

yogimukti

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO (New Delhi)
App. Filed.......
November 7th 2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2017
LANDED..........
25-08-2017
Hi,

Can you tell me the dox you gave for TRV to convince CIC about the strong ties to home country.
I am in a similar situation where my PR is in process and I plan to apply for TRV next month.

Thanks!
Sure. Inbox me your email ID details. I will email you the sample letters and names of documents I attached.

yogimukti

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO (New Delhi)
App. Filed.......
November 7th 2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2017
LANDED..........
25-08-2017
Hi,

Thanks!
I mentioned pretty much every document I attached in my original post. Let me know if you need any more details further.

rahul0055

Apr 16, 2018

Background:
  • Travel history
Steps I took later:
  • Aadhar Card copy
  • Company employee ID
  • Return ticket booking.
  • Purpose of visit
  • Travel history
  • Travel itinerary
Documents from host:
  • PR scanned copy
  • Marriage certificate
Application Details:
Congratulations! I am in the same boat. I am planning to apply for my wife's trv who is currently in India. Please provide me some details about how to write these letters to convince CIC. I can provide you my email id if that works? please reply

yogimukti

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO (New Delhi)
App. Filed.......
November 7th 2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2017
LANDED..........
25-08-2017
Congratulations! I am in the same boat. I am planning to apply for my wife's trv who is currently in India. Please provide me some details about how to write these letters to convince CIC. I can provide you my email id if that works? please reply
Sure.
Inbox me

Reactions: rajanhere

VG2014

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Rejected TRV while spouse sponsorship is already applied (yet to receive AOR). Reason for rejection: Family ties in Canada / Financial / Travel History (even though sufficient financial information and travel history was provided).
Is it advisable to re-apply TRV? Can that impact/affect PR file?

rahul0055

Apr 16, 2018
Rejected TRV while spouse sponsorship is already applied (yet to receive AOR). Reason for rejection: Family ties in Canada / Financial / Travel History (even though sufficient financial information and travel history was provided).
Is it advisable to re-apply TRV? Can that impact/affect PR file?
That’s sad. After how many days of PR application you applied for TRV? And what supporting documents you included?