+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

True, False, Not Given

irfanmianoo

Jun 9, 2009
skilled worker

accountant and financial managers same catagories exist, i have finished my M.com.
i am working as accountant. 1111 catagorey is ok for me.

Regards

newapplicant

Feb 1, 2009
Topic list

1. Crime –violence –smoking
2. Culture – tradition and festival
3. Economic issues –employment
4. Education
5. Environment – population –pollution Animal
6. Family –children- women
7. Food –Drink -health-Welfare
8. Happiness –friendship - marriage
9. Social problems –housing-History –religion- Politic –climate
10. Hometown
11. Media- television -communication Reading – watching Movies/film
12. Music -Art- Fashion -Sport
13. Computer – technology –nuclear- internet
14. Tourism –travel -holiday
15. Transport
16. Rich and poor world -Different generation - Modern life –city –country living
17. Oversea studying – foreign language
18. Personal related - success – career – money – future plan (note: some small topics are grouped together )

newapplicant

Feb 1, 2009
1. In many countries where capital punishment has been abolished there has been a corresponding rise in violent crime rates. For this reason, many governments are considering its reintroduction as a form of deterrent. Should Capital Punishment be re-introduced? Discuss.

2. Television is a very powerful medium of influence over large populations. There are many positive aspects to television. For example, it is an educational tool. However many people feel that it is doing irreparable harm. Present argumentation to highlight your opinion on this matter.

3. Outdoor recreation such as mountain climbing, camping and hiking bring us closer to nature and are ideal activities to encourage family bonding. Discuss.

4. The younger generation is up-to-date with new techniques and advances in Science. They are often better able to make important decisions than their parents are. Discuss.

5. Over the past twenty to thirty years there has been a noticeable trend away from many forms of discipline within the family. A recent survey highlighted the fact that most people feel that parents are too permissive with their children. Discuss.

6. As a result of countries becoming more and more industrialized, pollution has become a serious problem. Discuss some ways that this children. Discuss.

7. Overpopulation if unchecked will bring about the destruction of this planet. Discuss ways of controlling this problem.

8. Many are of the opinion that the Internet is inundating our children with dangerous information. There is however no doubt that the Internet represents great advances in communication and the dissemination of information. Discuss the pros and cons of the Internet.

9. Salaries paid to employees are an accurate reflection of their value to society. Discuss. In approaching this task, consider in particular salaries paid to nurses, doctors, sports-persons, movie stars, teachers and farmers.

10. Although there is no longer an immediate threat of nuclear war, peace seems as elusive as ever. In order to address this problem, the United Nations should be given a stronger role in global affairs in order to bring about world peace.

11. Good health is a basic human right, however in a growing number of countries today, access to health care depends on socio-economic status. This is discriminatory and should not be the basis for access to good health care. Discuss.

12. Spending money on scientific research should only be approved when there are economic benefits resulting from the research. Discuss.

13. Women have been disadvantaged in the workplace for decades and so they should now receive special assistance in the form of education and incentives, etc. Discuss.

14. "Going on strike" is commonly used as a catalyst to resolve industrial disputes. Many conservative governments are strongly opposed to this mechanism for bringing about change. Discuss the pros and cons of this action in resolving disputes.

15. Since World War II there has been an increase in cooperation between many Eastern and Western countries. This has led to a desire amongst students to undertake study in foreign countries. Write a brief account of the advantages and disadvantages of studying abroad.

16. Since reading is important for a good education we should encourage our children to read extensively. However as there is an abundance of undesirable reading matter, there should be heavy censorship to restrict access to it. Discuss.

17. Since private enterprise benefits from a country"s resources (both natural and human) it should be made accountable for maintenance of environmental and social infrastructures.

18. Pollution is a very serious problem today. What level of pollution should we tolerate? Discuss examples of the different types of pollution.

19. What are the effects of global warming? Suggest some recommendations to minimize these effects.

20. Smoking has long been known to cause health problems for smokers, however the effect of passive smoking is becoming an important health issue. Discuss the dangers of smoking to smokers and non-smokers.

21. Passive smoking kills. The most vulnerable section of the population are both the unborn and the very young children as their lungs are still developing. For this reason, smoking in public places should be prohibited. Discuss.

22. The level of serious crime is escalating alarmingly. Give some suggestions to control this trend.

23. Most psychologists today believe that a strong sense of parental discipline is necessary to bring up socially well adjusted and self-confident children. Discuss.

24. Although many benefits may result from space exploration, the costs involved are enormous. There is some debate as to whether this money could be more wisely spent to provide for the basic needs of mankind such as food, clean water, contraception etc. For this reason space exploration should be restricted. Discuss.

25. How can we address the problem of the increasing illiteracy trend in many highly developed countries such as the United States and the United Kingdom?

26. How can the ever-increasing gap between rich and poor be narrowed?

27. In countries like Japan stress is becoming a major problem. Suggest some ways to control this trend.

28. Rainforests are a valuable resource and as such we should phase out indiscriminate logging. Discuss.

29. What are the pros and cons of co-educational schooling.

30. Single sex education is better than co-educational schooling. Discuss.

31. Compare the benefits of a vegetarian diet over a conventional Western diet.

32. Forests are the lungs of the earth. Their destruction will accelerate extinction of animals and ultimately mankind. For this reason, logging in the world"s rainforests should be phased out over the next decade. Discuss.

33. Aquariums and wildlife sanctuaries are seen as sources of education and entertainment for families. They are also essential to conduct life-saving research. However there is opposition to confining animals in this way. Discuss some of the arguments for and against the maintenance of zoos.

34. Although education in many developing countries is not compulsory, an effort should be made to ensure that all children between the age of 5 and 15 years attend some form of schooling. Discuss.

35. Tourism is seen as a major industry for many countries. However it tends to have a deleterious effect on the environment and should be strictly monitored. Discuss.

36. Tourism is becoming a good source of revenue to many countries. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of exploiting this resource.

37. Technology is making it possible to stay at home and work. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this.

38. Learning would be improved through the extensive use of computers in the classroom. This is would reduce the number of teachers required which would be an advantage. Discuss.
39. Society is experiencing an increase in many problems such as crime and drug abuse due to urbanization. Give some suggestions to control this trend.

40. Discuss the possible causes for the worldwide increase in crime and violence. What has been the effect of these adverse trends on society?

newapplicant

Feb 1, 2009
Agree/disagree

[ Introduction ]
It is widely accepted that____________ (Now days,__________)
Some people believe (say, argue) that__________ while others claim (argue) that____________.
This essay will discuss the reason why I agree_____________ that in detail.
[ Body1 ]
First,_______________.
For example,___________.
According to a newspaper article,___________
According to a survey conducted in Korea,_____________
The ____ report says that__________
Therefore______________.
[ Body2 ]
Second,_______________.
For instance,___________.
According to a newspaper article,___________
According to a survey conducted in Korea,_____________
The ____ report says that__________
Thus______________.
[ Conclusion ]
In Conclusion, (To sum up) I agree with opinion (the statement) that ___________
because ________ and ________.
The more________ The better________.
Advantage/disadvantage
[ Introduction ]
Some people believe (say, argue) that__________ while others claim (argue) that____________.
This essay will discuss the reason why I agree_____________ that in detail.
[ Body1 ]
There are some advantages of _________________
First,_______________. For example,___________.
Second,_____________. For example,___________.
Therefore, there are a few benefit of ______________.
[ Body2 ]
On the other hand, there are several disadvantages of ____________.
First,___________. For instance,___________.
Second,_______________. For instance,___________.
Thus, there are a few harmful effect of ______________.
[ Conclusion ]
In Conclusion, (To sum up) there are advantages and disadvantage of ______.
_________is 장점and장점 while it is also 단점and 단점 at the same time
Problem/Solution
[ Introduction ]
-P/S or S : For this problem, many solutions are suggested
-P: X
This essay will discuss the problems and possible solutions of_____________ in detail.
[ Body1 ]
There are some problems of _________________
First,________p1_______. For example,___________.
Second,______p2_______. For example,___________.
Therefore, there are many problems of ______________.
[ Body2 ]
Despite these problems, several solutions are suggested.____________.
First,_____s1______. For instance,___________.
Second,______s2_________. For instance,___________.
Thus, a couple of solutions can ______________.
[ Conclusion ]
In Conclusion, (To sum up)
-p/s ______ is a very serious problem and the possible solutions are ___and___
-p ______ is a very serious problem and it is not easy to find answers.
-s the possible solutions are ____and____.

Gulshan Grover

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
newapplicant said:
Type of Questions Regular pattern Accurate %
Headings First, second and last sentences 90%
Headings First sentence 50%
Summary Match Arctic's follower paragraphs 90%
T/F/NG Question has must, only, all, always, the answer wouldn't be True 95%
T/F/NG Question has must, only, all, always, the answer is F 60%
T/F/NG Question has fact, prove, the answer is F 95%
T/F/NG If have over 5 Questions, three answer (T/F/NG) will all appear 95%
T/F/NG The answer won't be the same over the forth times(e.g. F,F,F,F䃉~4 have the same answer) 95%
Short Answer If answers have the numbers, usually you have to calculate (+,-,*, /) 95%
Multiple Choice
(one answer) Answers have the strong meaning(must ,always ,all ,will), usually it's wrong 90%
Multiple Choice (one answer) Answers have can, may, sometimes, some, not always, usually it's right answer 90%
Matching ( author and its opinion, relationship) The first Question is match to the last paragraph and the last Question is match to the first paragraph 80%
Hello thanks for the useful hints.If you find the plenty of names of the places in the questions e.g.Woodland, Stafford,Bristol,Hereford etc.Always try to find out where are those places mentioned in the paragraphs and circle them by red pen.The answers of the questions stay near that places in the paragraph.Likewise, if you come across with numbers e.g. $100,$1547,$63000 or $1.5millions, $2.5millions etc.always find out where are those numbers in the para.Circle them and the answers will be there.

I am not sure about the choice of the title of a full para.Do you have any hints about that?I mean if section 3 has 7 paragraphs and Q.39.is asking which is the most suitable title for the all of the para,do u knw the solution?

thanks.

newapplicant

Feb 1, 2009
Better answer than good/yes/no

It’s alright .. it’s not bad… I really like it… It’s absolutely fantastic …
It’s excellent…
I think its great…I like it very much …I think it’s reasonably good
I’m afraid I don’t like it …. I’m not very impressed …It’s rather disappointing
- what I like about ~ is that ~
- The reason I don’t like ~ is that ~
- The reason I enjoy ~ is that ~
- One of the good/bad things about ~ is that ~
- One of the problems with ~ is that ~

1)Opening Expression!s
As you may know, I am a worker and so I like watching movies whenever I can.
I’ve always wanted to meet Tom cruise.
My hometown is the most beautiful village in all of Korea.
This story goes back to the time when I was in college.
It’ s difficult to describe my father but he does have a number of unique characteristics.

2) Introducing a Structure
I’ d like to give a brief description in three areas.
I’ d like to tell you three things about this issue.
I’ d like to tell you about the three steps to finding a job in Korea.
There are three main ways to get to my hometown, and I’ll talk about each separately.
There are three features of my piano that I will discuss.

3) Opening with the First Sub-topic
Perhaps I can begin by telling you about why I like listening to that kind of music.
Let me first tell you about what you need to do to prepare.
To start with them, you will need a good chopping board.
Lets start with the vegetables you need.

4) Mini-summarizing
Ok so, I’ ve just given you some information on...
Ok, so those are some of the...
So, now you know why/how/where/who/when...
So that’s the... in a nutshell.

5) Transition Statements
Now let’s talk about...
Now let’s turn to...
Now I’d like to talk about...
Let’ s now discuss...
Let’s now turn to the question of. . .
Anyway that is a short description of...
Let me move on now to...

6) Giving Instructions
The first thing you need to do is switch on the power.
After that you need to set the timer.
Next you need to adjust the volume machine.
After adjusting the volume you need to check the battery.
Then you should key in the number.
Finally you should press the green button.
The last thing you need to do is wait for the call.
Don’ t forget to hang it up when you’ re finished.

7) Giving Reasons
The reason the divorce rate is growing is because of the changing roles of men and women.
The main purpose of a Korean wedding is to reunite the family.
The biggest advantage of the one child policy is the effect it has on curbing population.

8) Clarifying
A: Can you explain how you would go about asking everyone about it?
B: I would probably get on the phone and call everyone up.
A: Can you tell me once again how you would find enough people to do that?
B: I think I would put some advertisement out and that should get me some people.
A: You are not suggesting we always do that, are you?
B: No, but I would do it as often as I could.

9) Speculation
If it didn’ t work, I guess I would just try to think of another one.
I would approach people personally to convince them.
Definitely, because we wouldn’ t need to worry so much about this kind of thing.

10) Describing Moods
I feel/felt so happy I could jump for joy. I’ m/I was in a great mood.
I was scared to death. It impressed me deeply.

11) Comparison
In many ways she resembles me, in other ways, not.
Well, it may not be as modern but it certainly is friendlier.
I think I’m much more mature and responsible.

12) Give Advice
If you come to my hometown in the summer you should take your swim suit.
You can’t miss the ice festival held every January. It really is something.

13) Asking for More Details
A: Can you give me more detail how you would do that?
B: Yes, I would start by having a meeting and get some feedback.
A: Could you elaborate on how you would go about doing that?
B: I think the starting point would be to try and talk to people who had handled this before.
A: Just give me a little more detail about how you might do that?
B: First, I’ ll look to see whether this is a general agreement about the issue.

newapplicant

Feb 1, 2009
1. What"s your name?
2. Does your name have any special meaning?
3. Where did you come from?
4. What kind of landscape surrounds your hometown?
5. What is the main crop in your hometown?
6. What is the difference between Seoul and your hometown?
7. What are the main places of interest in your hometown?
8. What is the climate like in your hometown?
9. What is the character of the people like in the regions where you live?
10. What are the differences in accent between the people of your hometown and Seoul?
11. What is people"s favorite food in your region?
12. How do you make dumplings?
13. What do you do during the New Year Holiday?
14. Why is the New Year holiday so import!!ant to Korean people?
15. Can you describe one of the main festivals celebrated in your country?
16. Tell me something about the Chusuk.
17. Tell me something about the Full Moon Festival.
18. Tell me something about the customs of your country.
19. How long have you lived in Busan?
20. What is the weather like in Busan?
21. How do you compare the climate in Busan with that in your hometown?
22. What place in Busan do you like best? Why?
23. Which is the worst place you"ve been to Korea?
24. Which is the best place you"ve been to Korea?
25. What places in Busan should a foreigner visit? Why?
26. What are the major social problems in Busan? How can they be solved?
27. What is the biggest problem Korea faces?
28. What places in Pusan should a foreigner visit? Why?
29. Could you tell me something about your family?
30. Have you any children?
31. What is your child"s name? Does his name have a meaning?
32. What does your wife/husband do?
33. When did you get married?
34. Describe your wedding.
35. How have weddings changed in recent years?
36. Are there any special customs about wedding in your region? 37. Describe a traditional wedding ceremony.
38. Where did you go for your honeymoon?
39. Did you have to ask for permission from your parents before you got married?
40. Is it acceptable for couples to live together without marrying?
41. Wheres do you think a newly couple should live? Living with their parents or on their own?
42. What responsibilities should a couple take?
43. How do Korean people usually celebrate birthdays?
44. Are there any traditions concerning the birth of a baby?
45. What kind of parent do you intend to be?
46. What do you think of birth control Policy in Korea?
47. Why do people in Korea traditionally want to have a son?
48. What difficulties do Korean farmers have concerning their old age?
49. What do you think needs to be done in groups to relieve the farmer"s worries?
50. What hope or fears do you have for your children?
51. What sort of culture do you hope your child will grow up in?
52. Are you going to bring up your child differently from the way you were brought up? How?
53. Do you enjoy shopping?
54. Who does most of the shopping in your family?
55. What are you good at cooking? What is your favorite dish?
56. Who does most of cooking in your family?
57. Is there sex discrimination in Korea?
58. How do you sum up women"s conditions in Korea?
59. What are the causes of sex discrimination?
60. Should government pay certain salaries to those housewives? Why or why not?
61. Would you want your wife to continue with her career or to stay at home taking care of the household after you get married?
62. Have you ever wished to be one of the opposite sex? Why (why not)?
63. What would you do if your next-door neighbour were noisy nearly all the time?
64. Do you have a lot of friend?
65. What does friendship mean to you? What kind of people do you make friend with?
66. What is your major?
67. How do you like your major?
68. When andswheresdid you graduate? What qualifications have you obtained?
69. Do you still remember your school days?
70. What impressed you most when you were at university? 71. Which is the best university in your country?
72. Could you sum up your own study habits in a few points?
73. What do you think of the practice of setting up key schools in primary and secondary school education in China?
74. Do you think the subjects you are studying today are relevant to present-day society? Why?
75. What do you think education should be? Should it be a process of learning what is useful for your future life or should it be simply learning for enjoyment? Why?
76. What do you do for a living?
77. What do you do in the office every day?
78. Since your job seems too professional to me, could you explain it in detail?
79. What are your job prospects?
80. If you had the opportunity to change your job, what would you do with it?
81. Do you have any ambitious?
82. Will any possible future changes affect your job in any way?
83. What are your spare time interests?
84. How do you spend your weekends?
85. What is your favorite sport? What are the rules?
86. What is the most popular sport in your country?
87. What are the sporting facilities like in your university/Busan?
88. What do you know about Taekwondo?
89. What do you do in your spare time?
90. Do you often read newspapers? If not, why ones do you read?
91. What do you think of computer?
92. Do you think computer has changed our life so much?
93. Do you often go to the cinema/theatre?
94. What kind of films do you like best?
95. Do you often watch TV? What is your favorite program?
96. Do you think watching TV too much is a waste of time?
97. What kind of music do you enjoy?
98. Who is your favorite film star? Will you describe him/her to me?
99. Do you enjoy travelling?
100.swhereshave you been travelling to? Which place interested you most?
101. Do you smoking?
102. Do you think smoking is a problem that needs special attention and has to be solved? If so, why?
103. What do you know about XXX?
104. What problem do you think you will have in XXX?
105. How will you overcome the difficulties?
106. Do you think you will be able to cope with English-demands of your intended study program in XXX?
107. What difficulties do you think you"ll encounter in your studies in XXX ?
108. Can you imagine what life in Britain/Canada/Australia/London, etc. would be like?
109. How will you fare in Britain/Canada/Australia, etc. without your family?
110. What do you intend to study?
111. Which university are you going to study at?
112. Why did you choose this university?
113.swheresare you going to study in XXX?
114. What are you plans in XXX?
115. What is your research proposal all about?
116. What do you hope for most from your study abroad?
117. Will your study abroad help your job prospects after come back to Korea?
118. Should you study more theory or do more practice? Give your reasons, please.
119. What kind of differences in the cultures are you expecting between Korea and the XX?
120. How will your study in Britain benefit your work in Korea when you come back to Korea?
121. What do you intend to do after you finish studying?
122. What will be your main problem when you are study in a foreign country?
123. What problem can you foresee in the future when you come back to CKorea?
124. Will there be any adjustment problems in your life when you come back to Korea? If so, what are they?
125. Will you have to make any changes in your work/life when you come back to Korea?
126. Do you think there will be a gap between your knowledge gained in Korea and the level of knowledge you are going to encounter on arrival? If so, what will it be?
127. What do you think of the future of Korea keeps an open policy?
128. What do you regard as the most significant events in your country"s recent history?
129. Are there any special places you want to see in Canada? What are they?
130. What do you especially want to do in Canada?
131. How do you like your life in ******* University?
132. What do you think of the training in the university?
133. In what way do you think university training is helpful or falls short?
134. What aspect of English do you find the most difficult?
135. Do you find American English easier to understand than Britain English?
136. What sports are played in your country?
137. Could you describe the traditional architecture of your country?
138. What role dose religion play in everyday life in your country?
139. What would you regard as the most significant events in your country"s recent history?
140. How aware do you think people are nowadays about environmental issues?
141. Could you tell me why you chose to study at the university of ****?
142. What role dose tourism play in your country"s economy?
143. How serious is unemployment in your country?
144. In your opinion, what are the most serious problems associated with modern life? 145. What do you think have been the most import!!ant changes in your field over the past 5 years?
146. What are you going to major in?
147. Are you going to do your own cooking when you are at university?
148. Some local students feel that overseas students get preferential treatment. What is your opinion?
149. Do you think you will be able to cope with the English-language demands of your intended program?
150. What do you think are the main causes of road accidents?
151. Do you think the government is doing enough to prevent road accidents?
152. As there are more and more private cars, what do you think the government should do insgroupsto encourage citizens to use public transport?
153. How do you see yourself in ten years"time?
154. Have you ever thought to have your own business?
155. What business do you hope to have?
156. Do you know about any policies about opening a business abroad?
157. What are your plans for your future?
158. Why do you think there are more and more people leaving to immigrate to other countries?
159. Is it good for China that so many people are going to other countries?
160. Will your life change a lot after you immigrate to XXX?
161. What will you do if you are ill abroad?
162. Do you know what to do in case of emergency?
163. What will do if you cannot find a job in XXX?
164. Why do you want to immigrate to XXX?
165. What will you do after the IELTS test?
166. What will do if you fail the IELTS test?
167. How long have you been learning English?
168. What troubles you most at the moment?
169. Does your family support your decision on going XXX? What help do they offer?