+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRP

Qwertyop0123

Aug 25, 2018
I have a valid TRP without re entry and and valid study permit for 4 months. Will I be denied re entry with aTRV if I go to Cuba for one week

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I have a valid TRP without re entry and and valid study permit for 4 months. Will I be denied re entry with aTRV if I go to Cuba for one week
You mean TRP or TRV? They are completely different from each other.

Qwertyop0123

Aug 25, 2018
Sorry I have a valid TRP AND STUDY PERMIT, I don’t have a valid VISA (TRV)
, I know my TRP will be cancelled if I leave Canada but I will be only on vacation for a week in Cuba. Will I be allowed re entry?

Qwertyop0123

Aug 25, 2018
You mean TRP or TRV? They are completely different from each other.
, I know my TRP will be cancelled if I leave Canada but I will be only on vacation for a week in Cuba. Will I be allowed re entry?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I believe that you will not be able to use it again once you exit Canada. What was the justification for the TRP in the first place?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/permits/validity-conditions-cancellation.html

Re-entering Canada
TRPs are not normally valid for re-entry to Canada; however in exceptional circumstances re-entry may be authorized. Authorization to re-enter Canada must be recorded accurately in GCMS. The TRP itself must contain:

“DEPARTURE FROM CANADA WILL NOT INVALIDATE THIS TEMPORARY RESIDENT PERMIT UNDER REGULATION R63 (b).”

For more information on how to record this in information in GCMS, refer to the GCMS online help.

Officers should also counsel TRP holders who have been authorized to re-enter Canada that:

• the TRP is not a travel document,
  • they must be in possession of a valid travel document or passport in order to return to Canada
  • they may require a temporary resident visa counterfoil in order to travel to Canada, if they are from a visa required country
  • they are always subject to examination upon re-entry to Canada and could be refused entry into Canada by CBSA, even if the TRP authorizes re-entry.
If a border services officer encounters a TRP holder in possession of a valid permit who is returning to Canada but who was not authorized to re-enter Canada, the officer must seize the permit and cancel it in GCMS as it is no longer valid). The officer must then examine all factors related to the person at the time when they are seeking to enter Canada as circumstances may have changed from the time of issuance of the previous TRP.

Qwertyop0123

Aug 25, 2018
I believe that you will not be able to use it again once you exit Canada. What was the justification for the TRP in the first place?
I applied to extend my stay in Canada, I thought I was applying for a TRV, I have a valid study permit till next year but I have my graduation in October. I want to leave for Cuba for a week. I just want to know how much trouble I’ll be in at the airport border

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I applied to extend my stay in Canada, I thought I was applying for a TRV, I have a valid study permit till next year but I have my graduation in October. I want to leave for Cuba for a week. I just want to know how much trouble I’ll be in at the airport border
I updated my post. I suggest that you study it and the linked page. You could be in serious trouble if you leave Canada.

Qwertyop0123

Aug 25, 2018
I updated my post. I suggest that you study it and the linked page. You could be in serious trouble if you leave Canada.
Okay i see its a big risk , but if the cirscumstances for the issuance od my trp have not changed i may be alllowed back in

Adeoye1432

Apr 15, 2020
Please how did you apply for your trp. I wanna apply for it too. I'm inadmissible to Canada and that the only way to go Canada and reunite with my wife.