Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
Hello Everyone,
I am applying online for a visit visa for my parent but when I try to upload the forms, I get the following message;

Error: The form you have uploaded was not accepted.
  • Error Description: Please ensure you download the latest form from the IRCC website, complete the form using Adobe Reader, validate and upload again.
    If you continue to receive this error message, you should review the FAQs in the Help Centre. If your issue is not answered there, submit your issue through the Report a Technical Issue button at the top right of the screen.
Since, I have to fill these forms on my work laptop, due to some internal changes made by our IT department, it does not let me save pdf forms. Hence, I fill the form, validate it, print it and then have to scan it back again. I am uploading the scanned copy. I hope this is not the problem?

Please help. Thanks in advance.

katchme88

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-12-2016
Nomination.....
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
28-01-2017
Hello Everyone,
I am applying online for a visit visa for my parent but when I try to upload the forms, I get the following message;

Error: The form you have uploaded was not accepted.
  • Error Description: Please ensure you download the latest form from the IRCC website, complete the form using Adobe Reader, validate and upload again.
    If you continue to receive this error message, you should review the FAQs in the Help Centre. If your issue is not answered there, submit your issue through the Report a Technical Issue button at the top right of the screen.
Since, I have to fill these forms on my work laptop, due to some internal changes made by our IT department, it does not let me save pdf forms. Hence, I fill the form, validate it, print it and then have to scan it back again. I am uploading the scanned copy. I hope this is not the problem?

Please help. Thanks in advance.
Hi hasankhan27, Unfortunately you can't upload a scanned forms especially the digital forms like IMM5257 and likes. These are digital forms so they are read by the system when you submit your application. They are not meant to be signed either. When you scan them, they lose they ability to be read by the system and it raises an error which you mentioned above. you have to validate the form (make sure the bar codes appear at the bottom of the page), save it and then upload it as it is. Use latest version of acrobat reader as well. Hope this information helps.

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
That me the problem. Thanks for the help, Ill check.

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
Hi hasankhan27, Unfortunately you can't upload a scanned forms especially the digital forms like IMM5257 and likes. These are digital forms so they are read by the system when you submit your application. They are not meant to be signed either. When you scan them, they lose they ability to be read by the system and it raises an error which you mentioned above. you have to validate the form (make sure the bar codes appear at the bottom of the page), save it and then upload it as it is. Use latest version of acrobat reader as well. Hope this information helps.
Yes that worked. thanks a lot!

katchme88

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes