Passport Req..
24-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014 ... Landing is on 02-05-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hello members,

Thank you in advance for helping me. Here is my situation ---

Currently I am studying in a 8 month post grad program from Humber college. I will be graduating by end of July, while my study permit will expire by end of August. My question is

1. Can I stay after graduating without extending my study permit (90 days grace period)?
2. If not, can I apply for study permit extension (however, I will be graduating in July, only need time to apply and stay during the process of post grad work permit)?
3. I am also planning to apply for off campus work permit which will help me to work after graduation. Any comment on this please...
4. I am also going to start my Co-op, can I apply study permit extension based on this? (means to complete co-op and process of post grad work permit)

Please reply soon ... Its little urgent

Thanks once again to all of you

Dec 25, 2011
surrey bc
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think you can apply for an extension please check in with lawyer as soon as possible

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
ajnabee2 said:
Hello members,

Thank you in advance for helping me. Here is my situation ---

Currently I am studying in a 8 month post grad program from Humber college. I will be graduating by end of July, while my study permit will expire by end of August. My question is

1. Can I stay after graduating without extending my study permit (90 days grace period)?
2. If not, can I apply for study permit extension (however, I will be graduating in July, only need time to apply and stay during the process of post grad work permit)?
3. I am also planning to apply for off campus work permit which will help me to work after graduation. Any comment on this please...
4. I am also going to start my Co-op, can I apply study permit extension based on this? (means to complete co-op and process of post grad work permit)

Please reply soon ... Its little urgent

Thanks once again to all of you
1. No, you can not stay in Canada with your expire SP.
2. As your permit expires after your degree/diploma so you can't extend it. You should apply for PGWP before your SP expires, in this case you are allowed to live in Canada with your SP expire and waiting for PGWP decision. If you get your PGWP (8 months) so you can stay more, if not then you will have to leave canada.
3. you can apply for OCWP after 6 months of study and it duration will be the same as of the validity of your SP.
4. If your Co-op is the part of your studies then yes you can apply for SP.

Quote: " If the institution considers a student to have "full-time" status during the "work experience" portion of the program and the student continues to comply with the institution's co-op rules, the student will be eligible for the OCWPP and the work experience portion of the program can be included in the calculation of the six-month period of full-time studies."

ajnabee2

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
AOR Received.
24-10-2013
Med's Request
24-10-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
Interview........
Decision Made on 11-04-2014
Passport Req..
24-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Thank you for your quick reply, it is a big help for me.

Yes Inam89, co-op is a part of my study. So, now I will do it as soon as possible.

The only question now is - proof of fund - Which option will be more useful, please help...

I think showing $3000 amount is enough, please correct me if I am wrong.

1. Can I use same loan document which I have used when apply for student visa? I have only used that loan half, still half of the amount is available.
2. Deposit approx $3000 amount in my bank account by tomorrow and then use the bank statement or bank slip for same (as I am getting my regular funding from my relatives in cash, not through loan)
3. Any other option you could suggest

Thank you once again for your help

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
ajnabee2 said:
Thank you for your quick reply, it is a big help for me.

Yes Inam89, co-op is a part of my study. So, now I will do it as soon as possible.

The only question now is - proof of fund - Which option will be more useful, please help...

I think showing $3000 amount is enough, please correct me if I am wrong.

1. Can I use same loan document which I have used when apply for student visa? I have only used that loan half, still half of the amount is available.
2. Deposit approx $3000 amount in my bank account by tomorrow and then use the bank statement or bank slip for same (as I am getting my regular funding from my relatives in cash, not through loan)
3. Any other option you could suggest

Thank you once again for your help
I think 3000 CAD and the loan letter will be enough but I am not sure. Please confirm it with someone else as well.

ajnabee2

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
AOR Received.
24-10-2013
Med's Request
24-10-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
Interview........
Decision Made on 11-04-2014
Passport Req..
24-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Can I only use either loan document or $3000 amount deposit, not both?