+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

travelling to Us with only vail Open work permit , Please advise

samahkhaled

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
Hello my friends
I will travel on Monday to Boston and coming back at the same day for business , I have only open work permit till the next year but my stamped visa was expired , I called CIC and they said it is fine traveling between US and Canada with only open work permit , However I contactd Air Canada and the agent couldn't realize that , I afraid to face any problem while coming from US , I will leave my two young boys alone with NAny and I can't sleep as I afraid that I can't enter Canada if the Air Canada officer at US didn't agree to accept my valid work.
I am wondering if any has any experience like this status and what is the recommendation to do if I face any problem ?
I appreciate your assistance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

You should have no issues returning. There can be a vast difference in knowledge between call centre staff and frontline staff. The check-in agent at the airport should be aware of the rule allowing you to travel. Many have done this before you.

samahkhaled

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
Thank you so much , Yes I read at a lot of posts that people went to US by Air and re-enter Canada without any problem , This agent only made me confused as he told me that I have to check because he doubt about this rule. I think Air Canada front desk will be aware .
Another question should I declare that in front of US officer in Pearson airport to stick a special sticker that shows I am going to US or this could create problem in getting US , some posts spoke about sticker should be there to prove that I didn't go another place instead of US.