+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling to Canada after Express Entry Submitted

Jus005

Feb 3, 2014
Hello Everyone. My sister got her invitation for EE in November 2022. She currently has a visitor visa and planning to travel to Canada. I was wondering if its OK for her to travel to Canada while her express entry application is in process and if she needs to inform IRCC about her visit to Canada and potentially staying here until a decision is made on her Express Entry. Thank you

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Hello Everyone. My sister got her invitation for EE in November 2022. She currently has a visitor visa and planning to travel to Canada. I was wondering if its OK for her to travel to Canada while her express entry application is in process and if she needs to inform IRCC about her visit to Canada and potentially staying here until a decision is made on her Express Entry. Thank you
Go ahead
No such need to inform IRCC

Jus005

Feb 3, 2014
Thank you very much for your response. I was wondering how the landing process will work after she gets her approval, she needs to re enter the country?

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
Thank you very much for your response. I was wondering how the landing process will work after she gets her approval, she needs to re enter the country?
If she applied for a PR from the home country and if you are from a country requiring Visa, you may need to send the passport for IM-1 Visa stamping. I don't think Virtual Landing or eCOPR applies to you since your application is outland. The Virtual landing or eCOPR is only Inland Candidates.

pippiridd

Star Member
Jul 20, 2022
I applied whilst Outland and came to Canada as a visitor to get set up. Once things started moving (Medical passed etc) and I got an apartment I called IRCC and told them I was now inland and gave them my new address. I got PR confirmation whilst out of the country at Christmas and so replied to the email confirming I was in Canada once I returned and now going through the inland virtual landing process and waiting on my eCOPR.

So yes, it can be done this way.

Reactions: vkamath

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
I applied whilst Outland and came to Canada as a visitor to get set up. Once things started moving (Medical passed etc) and I got an apartment I called IRCC and told them I was now inland and gave them my new address. I got PR confirmation whilst out of the country at Christmas and so replied to the email confirming I was in Canada once I returned and now going through the inland virtual landing process and waiting on my eCOPR.

So yes, it can be done this way.
Didn't know if that was possible. If you dont mind me what's your country of citizenship. Did you come on a Visitor Visa or Work Permit? Both are different cases. I see you have BC PNP which is what i have and only an employer can sponsor you for that.

If you came on work permit i agree that is doable since your country of residence is now canada.

pippiridd

Star Member
Jul 20, 2022
Didn't know if that was possible. If you dont mind me what's your country of citizenship. Did you come on a Visitor Visa or Work Permit? Both are different cases. I see you have BC PNP which is what i have and only an employer can sponsor you for that.

If you came on work permit i agree that is doable since your country of residence is now canada.
UK passport so no visitor visa required. Planned to flagpole for WP but PR application moved so fast decided not to.

Works on visitor visa. Even more so on WP.

Reactions: vkamath