+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling to India after Work VISA is submitted for processing from the United States and enter Canada from India directly after approval

pixydust

Feb 16, 2022
I asked this question in another section and it got never answered. I guess it was in the wrong section so posting it here. Please answer if you know about this.
Original Post:
Traveling to India after applying for work visa from the US

Questions Posted for quick reference:
Posted on Yesterday at 11:26 AM
----------------------
Hello All

Appreciate this forum/discussion group helping others with the information that they are looking for. This is a great way of serving the community across the world.

Background:
I am currently in the US and my employer is filing my Canada Work Visa (intracompany transfer). I guess it will be either the A or B category. In parallel, my dependent VISA is already filed and in the process as a spouse in the O category.

Situation:
I am looking to travel to India to see my parents due to their health issues and wanted to stay for a bit once my company files my VISA as it is taking ~2 months for those filed from the US.

Questions:
  1. Is it okay to travel to India when my VISA is filed from the US and in the process?
  2. Do I need to get the stamping on my passport before traveling to Canada from India if approved?
  3. Will I be able to enter Canada directly from India once approved or do I need to inform anyone in advance other than my current company?
  4. I have searched all over, but I couldn't find an answer from posts or threads. If my question is already answered, please navigate me to that post.

Thank you. - P