+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling back with expired Work Permit and Visa

pankajdosi87

Feb 7, 2013
Hi, I am an Indian Citizen. I traveled to Canada in May 2012 on Work Permit. My Work Permit and Visa both expired on Jan 2013. My WP extension was applied through LMO. I have got positive LMO as well. Now I am planning to go back to India and apply for the WP from India as it takes only 2 weeks from india. My question is
1. Can i travel back to India with expired WP and Visa via Brussels or Frankfurt? or will there be any problem as both my WP and Visa has expired (My passport is still valid).
2. Will there be a problem in applying for WP from India as i have already applied from Canada?

Please let me know on these 2 questions ASAP.

gogagig

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
you can apply in india. But not sure where you heard it takes 2 weeks in india. Most of us have been waiting over 2 months in the delhi. Some have been waiting over 4 months are still have not heard from the consulate. there is a long thread about new delhi applicants on this forum.

newhere78

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
pankajdosi87 said:
Hi, I am an Indian Citizen. I traveled to Canada in May 2012 on Work Permit. My Work Permit and Visa both expired on Jan 2013. My WP extension was applied through LMO. I have got positive LMO as well. Now I am planning to go back to India and apply for the WP from India as it takes only 2 weeks from india. My question is
1. Can i travel back to India with expired WP and Visa via Brussels or Frankfurt? or will there be any problem as both my WP and Visa has expired (My passport is still valid).
2. Will there be a problem in applying for WP from India as i have already applied from Canada?

Please let me know on these 2 questions ASAP.
You should avoid travelling to India as long as it is not extremely important. You are allowed 90 days time frame to apply for extension after expiration of work permit inside Canada, so you are good to stay back in Canada on a legal status but you need to have a proof that you are waiting for your approval and have case/file number.

crama123

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
Hong Kong PCC
AOR Received.
31-May-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
09-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
05-Mar-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-May-2014
LANDED..........
20-July-2014
1) I was in a similar situation as your's 6 months back (WP and TRV expired by the time I was travelling) and I was advised by my employer to take transit via Qatar /Dubai as I do not have to apply for transit visa.

2) WP processing from India would require atleast a couple of months time.

gogagig

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Dont know about brussels but u definitely cant transit in frankfurt. you have to have a valid canada visa for that.

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/portal/lh/in/nonav/local?nodeid=3116855&l=en