+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel to Sweden with Canadian RTD

hb8895

May 9, 2022
Hi, I need to visit Sweden with my Refugee Travel Document (RTD) and PR card. Is there anyone who have travelled to Sweden with Canadian RTD? Please share the information of how to get the visa on RTD from the Sweden Embassy in Canada. Please also share your overall Canada-Sweden-Canada travel experiences. Many many thanks!

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi, I need to visit Sweden with my Refugee Travel Document (RTD) and PR card. Is there anyone who have travelled to Sweden with Canadian RTD? Please share the information of how to get the visa on RTD from the Sweden Embassy in Canada. Please also share your overall Canada-Sweden-Canada travel experiences. Many many thanks!
I dont think Sweden accept Canadian RTD...

https://www.swedenabroad.se/en/about-sweden-non-swedish-citizens/canada/going-to-sweden/visiting-sweden/

hb8895

May 9, 2022

They said “If you are a Canadian citizen with a Canadian passport (travel document not accepted) and would like to travel to Sweden for a visit (tourism or business travel) and your stay will not exceed 90 days, you do not need to have a visa”

The last line confuses me.

Canadian citizens with passport don’t need to apply for a visa but a RTD holder need to apply for a visa, is that are they saying?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
They said “If you are a Canadian citizen with a Canadian passport (travel document not accepted) and would like to travel to Sweden for a visit (tourism or business travel) and your stay will not exceed 90 days, you do not need to have a visa”

Canadian citizens with passport don’t need to apply for a visa but a RTD holder need to apply for a visa, is that are they saying?
It is confusing, yes on the last line. i think you should call consulate or embassy

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Unclear whether you have the option to apply for a visa with an RTD or no option to travel. Would send an email to the Swedish embassy.