+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel restrictions from India

Mar 14, 2021
Hi,

My parents who hold valid visitor visa to Canada, have their tickets booked from Delhi to Toronto via Frankfurt in March end. However, someone today mentioned that Indian travellers may not be allowed to travel to Canada via Germany since it violates the 'air bubble' rule. Is this true? If anyone has any information on this, please reply.

Thanks

KLBee

Apr 22, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-10-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial one
AOR Received.
1-2-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with initial one
File Transfer...
15-2-2011
Med's Request
14-3-2011
Med's Done....
28-3-2011
Passport Req..
31-6-2011
VISA ISSUED...
2-6-2011
LANDED..........
soon
Hi
i am also in the same page, Did your parents come to Canada?
I am planning to book through Qatar airways

Mar 14, 2021
Hi KLBee,
No my parents are scheduled to travel end of this month. My dad checked with Lufthansa (India number) and they confirmed that Indians are allowed to board flight from India to Canada via Germany. They advised him to check with embassy in case he had some special questions. From my end, I checked in various forums (FB has a group called Indians in Toronto) and many confirmed that they/their family members have flown from India to Canada via Munich/Frankfurt in last few weeks and didn't face any issue.
I would suggest you call Qatar Airways (or whichever airline you are planning to book) and ask about this restriction. All the best!

sushantg

Oct 11, 2016
hi,
I am booking flight for my in-Laws and wondering about COvid negative test result? can you help me with that. Do they need to do testing at Mumbai airport before they board flight, or they have to do testing at Frankfurt airport before they board flight to Canada?

sukh.rajsingh

Aug 18, 2011
Hi,

My parents who hold valid visitor visa to Canada, have their tickets booked from Delhi to Toronto via Frankfurt in March end. However, someone today mentioned that Indian travellers may not be allowed to travel to Canada via Germany since it violates the 'air bubble' rule. Is this true? If anyone has any information on this, please reply.

Thanks
no such things as I have travel Toronto to India via Munich Airport with 4.25 hrs stay. for more information u can call lufthansa Air as I I did. u can Google their contact