+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

travel history

S

sutyfornow

Guys, i lost my old passport.
I travelled to the Uk in 2007 and i can remember the exact date of my trip however i cant remember the day i left bt i can remember approximately..
Can i put a date approxinately and explain in LOE?

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, i lost my old passport.
I travelled to the Uk in 2007 and i can remember the exact date of my trip however i cant remember the day i left bt i can remember approximately..
Can i put a date approxinately and explain in LOE?
Anyway to retrieve such info. Sms from the network ! Email as flight reminder ! Message sent to a relative/friend etc !!

If not then you can put a date from your memory. I don't think that you will have to mention this in your LoE.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I would leave nothing to chance. If you do not recall the exact date from ten years ago, what is the downside of stating the return date is given "to the best of your knowledge".

Reactions: AlexandraO

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/thr-rav-eng.html

A Travel History Report is a record of a traveller's entries into Canada. The report documents entries made on or after August 1, 2000. This information is collected by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) on travellers entering Canada. Traveller exit information is also available in a limited capacity but applies only to foreign nationals entering the United States from Canada on or after June 30, 2013.

lolo1111

Star Member
May 22, 2018
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/thr-rav-eng.html

A Travel History Report is a record of a traveller's entries into Canada. The report documents entries made on or after August 1, 2000. This information is collected by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) on travellers entering Canada. Traveller exit information is also available in a limited capacity but applies only to foreign nationals entering the United States from Canada on or after June 30, 2013.
Hello Pippin, please i'll like to ask a question. You probably might be of help to me.

I got accepted to do my master's in Canada. My mother will be coming to Canada with me but she will stay for just 9 days because she has to go back to work. She just wants to know where i'll be staying for the next 2 years. A normal thing a parent would do. I heard "accompany" in Canadian visa is restricted to family or spouses intending to spend as long as the principal applicant in Canada (for instance, if my mother will be staying with me throughout the 2 years of my stay in Canada).

Concerning this "accompanying" doubt. On the family information application form, the question which says "Will accompany you to Canada??" YES or NO. Should I select 'NO' for my mother (That is, on my application form) since she'll be staying just for a few days... and on her own family information application form, should she select "NO" for my name too? ORRR Should we both select yes on our forms since we'll be travelling together???

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Hello Pippin, please i'll like to ask a question. You probably might be of help to me.

I got accepted to do my master's in Canada. My mother will be coming to Canada with me but she will stay for just 9 days because she has to go back to work. She just wants to know where i'll be staying for the next 2 years. A normal thing a parent would do. I heard "accompany" in Canadian visa is restricted to family or spouses intending to spend as long as the principal applicant in Canada (for instance, if my mother will be staying with me throughout the 2 years of my stay in Canada).

Concerning this "accompanying" doubt. On the family information application form, the question which says "Will accompany you to Canada??" YES or NO. Should I select 'NO' for my mother (That is, on my application form) since she'll be staying just for a few days... and on her own family information application form, should she select "NO" for my name too? ORRR Should we both select yes on our forms since we'll be travelling together???
Your Mum will have to fill in her own temporary visa application. She can refer to your student visa and study plans in her reason for coming to Canada. She will have to prove solid ties that compel her to return to her home country otherwise it will look like she has more reason to overstay her visa to accompany you. Follow the instructions in your application. If it calls for spouse or children, then ONLY those names would be included (not a parent). Good Luck.

lolo1111

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Your Mum will have to fill in her own temporary visa application. She can refer to your student visa and study plans in her reason for coming to Canada. She will have to prove solid ties that compel her to return to her home country otherwise it will look like she has more reason to overstay her visa to accompany you. Follow the instructions in your application. If it calls for spouse or children, then ONLY those names would be included (not a parent). Good Luck.
Okay. I understand, Thanks a lot. All the details have already been explained in the letter of explanation.

One more question please.
Okay. On the TRV application form (Temporary Resident Visa), there's a section which says 'Details of visit to Canada'

1. Purpose: She selected 'other'
2. Other: 'accompanying daughter to school'
3. Available funds: $19,000
4. Indicate how long you intend to stay: August 24, 2018 to September 1, 2018

Name, address and relationship of any person(s) or institution(s) I will visit
**Name:
**Relationship to me:
**Address in Canada: ........ in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Please, that question 4, what name are they referring to? Is it the name of the hotel she intends to stay at or the name of the university I got accepted to?? (We don't have any friend or family in Halifax, that's why she'll be staying in hotel for a few days)….and what relationship are they referring to?? (since she isn't staying with anyone in particular. Just in an hotel.)