+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel History to Saudi Arabia

charmerx

Apr 17, 2013
Hello, after we applied for the Canadian citizenship we have been asked to provide the travel history (record) to Saudi Arabia. we live in Canada as we immigrated long time back from Saudi Arabia but we are not Saudi's. Is there anyway to get such a travel history/record? I called the embassy but they don't provide such info.

I truly appreciate your advise what to do to respond to the immigration officer?

Thanks

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hello, after we applied for the Canadian citizenship we have been asked to provide the travel history (record) to Saudi Arabia. we live in Canada as we immigrated long time back from Saudi Arabia but we are not Saudi's. Is there anyway to get such a travel history/record? I called the embassy but they don't provide such info.

I truly appreciate your advise what to do to respond to the immigration officer?

Thanks
Is it possible for you to call (or write a fax or letter to) Saudi customs?

It seems that for expats in Saudi Arabia there is (or was) a tracking system available (http://www.saudi-expatriates.com/2015/09/travel-records-information-saudi-arabia.html), but that may not be available if you are no longer resident. However, the fact that it exists may give you a path to get those records, possibly by contacting MOI?

charmerx

Apr 17, 2013
Is it possible for you to call (or write a fax or letter to) Saudi customs?

It seems that for expats in Saudi Arabia there is (or was) a tracking system available (http://www.saudi-expatriates.com/2015/09/travel-records-information-saudi-arabia.html), but that may not be available if you are no longer resident. However, the fact that it exists may give you a path to get those records, possibly by contacting MOI?
Thanks a lot for your reply .. Yeah, it is only for residents and only for the main sponsor and not for dependents as it mentions. I wonder if there is another way cause I searched but no hope to find any info.

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Thanks a lot for your reply .. Yeah, it is only for residents and only for the main sponsor and not for dependents as it mentions. I wonder if there is another way cause I searched but no hope to find any info.
Writing customs or MOI might be the thing to do, in that the letter they'll send you in response would be sufficient proof for the Citizenship Officer that there is no way to get that information (or, alternatively, would tell you how to get that information).

(It seems likely that the information won't be available, considering that police certificates are only available to people who currently have legal residence status, according to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/saudi-arabia.html )

HeroMember

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
I got the travel records from saudi arabia just last month. But in my case I still have a valid visa of saudia and I was there on vacation when i got the travel record. I just went to the Jawazat office and had to give my iqama id to get the records.

Mazcar

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
If you have Iqama then you can ask Jawazat office. Otherwise, email the Saudi Embassy in Canada. They're going to respond to you saying we can't do it. Print that email and mail it to the citizenship officer with an explanation letter.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017

Thanks
Is there a chance you can reconstruct your travel history from your stamps and diary? It does not sound as if it needs to be an official document, but rather a list with entry and exit dates.

moataz66

Apr 22, 2022
Hey I can’t get travel exit entry from Saudi Arabia
The citizenship department asking me to provide this
What I have to do ?
Any help is appreciated

medwiz

May 25, 2014
Hey I can’t get travel exit entry from Saudi Arabia
The citizenship department asking me to provide this
What I have to do ?
Any help is appreciated
That's strange...as a previousl resident of Saudi Arabia I'm interested...

Have you provided passport copy with all stamps in and out of Saudi translated?

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015
The Travel IN-OUT Stamps will suffice. For Saudi Arabian stamps you will get English translation online or from any notary in your town. You cant get police or character certificate tell this to the Judge.

anaqi

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
I got a similar request, they emailed me asking for Entry Exit transactions report from Qatar.

I’m not sure what it’s called in Saudi but here is what Qatar offers. All GCC countries have something similar but may be called something else -https://hukoomi.gov.qa/en/service/request-travel-transactions-repor

Since I still maintained my residence permit and have my Qatar ID, we have an app for government services that let me request and they emailed me the report which I then had to get translated

Last edited:
Reactions: medwiz

medwiz

May 25, 2014
I was requested something similar. They emailed me asking for Entry Exit transactions report from Qatar.

I’m not sure what it’s called in Saudi but here is what Qatar offers. All GCC countries have something similar but may be called something else -https://hukoomi.gov.qa/en/service/request-travel-transactions-repor

Since I still maintained my residence permit and have my Qatar ID, we have an app for government services that let me request and they emailed me the report which I then had to get translated

Thank you very much this is very good to know...

Do you mind sharing when exactly in the process this was requested? Like your timeline?

Could this be requested because you maintained residency status in Qatar? The isssue for people who used to live in Saudi and left on a final exit visa is that they don't have access to these government services...

anaqi

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
Thank you very much this is very good to know...

Do you mind sharing when exactly in the process this was requested? Like your timeline?

Could this be requested because you maintained residency status in Qatar? The isssue for people who used to live in Saudi and left on a final exit visa is that they don't have access to these government services...
For mine everything was marked complete with exception of "Physical Presence," that's when they requested the document from Qatar. So essentially at the end of the process. Once I sent document it was marked complete and now I'm waiting for oath email. My signature has timeline of everything too :)

In June they scheduled an interview with me asking me about Qatar, they wanted to know why I don't have any stamps in my passport for Qatar, then I showed them my Qatar ID and explained that residents have eGate. We scan our IDs on a machine at entry/exit and it takes our fingerprints and picture. It's similar with other GCC countries becoming more digitized without a record in passports. They wanted to verify my entry and exits from the country, that's why they wanted the report.

medwiz

May 25, 2014
For mine everything was marked complete with exception of "Physical Presence," that's when they requested the document from Qatar. So essentially at the end of the process. Once I sent document it was marked complete and now I'm waiting for oath email. My signature has timeline of everything too :)

In June they scheduled an interview with me asking me about Qatar, they wanted to know why I don't have any stamps in my passport for Qatar, then I showed them my Qatar ID and explained that residents have eGate. We scan our IDs on a machine at entry/exit and it takes our fingerprints and picture. It's similar with other GCC countries becoming more digitized without a record in passports. They wanted to verify my entry and exits from the country, that's why they wanted the report.
Thank you very much and sorry I'm viewing this on my phone so I don't think I can see ur signature

But this makes a lot of sense so in fact you DIDN'T have passport stamps... interesting

Untill I left Saudi airport officers still stamped Ur passport for entries and exits (even those with residency permits) ...anyway good to know that this could be an Extra document that may be required in the future... congratulations for nearly reaching the end of Ur citizenship journey!