+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel History. Many short trips to the USA

stubish

Jul 3, 2008
Hello,

Yet another questions. Gee I'm glad ya'll are here as the obtaining of good information from CIC about express entry is a much more lengthy process than is practical.

I'm an Australian, living in Canada. In my 10 years in Canada I've taken many day trips south of the border, to do errands etc. As I understand I need to put these in my travel history as that's out of my country of origin and residence. I don't have records, I've obtained some from Canada and USA govt records but I will most likely miss some in my record.

How would you proceed in this case?

Thanks in advance.

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's probably worthwhile investing some time here because theoretically they can check it with their database.

If you can't remember all trips, I read somewhere on this forum that you can request your record of entering and exiting Canada from the border protection agency via the freedom of information act (or whatever that's called).

It might be overkill, but if you want to be 100% certain that's what I'd do.

245east84

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-04-2017
Adding to what was said above:

You don't need to prove any trips. However, if at any time you stayed in a foreign country for more than 6 months at a stretch then you need a police clearance certificate (PCC) from that country.

Getting a PCC for the US can take 15 weeks so if you need one, you should apply ASAP.

stubish

Jul 3, 2008
Luckly I've stayed no more than 3 months at a time (one trip could be 5 months but for sure not 6 to the USA!)

I've got my entries etc. Only going to 2014 though. USA has a nice online DB but funnily enough the information I got from Canada a few years ago is not complete. There's trips I have recorded that are NOT in the canada entries and exits that they supplied me.

I'm 99% sure I've got all the overnight and longer trips. it's the pesky day trips that are going to sink me. I'll submit a LOE as well telling them I've done my best.

Any other suggestions? It's literally keeping me up tonight.

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stubish said:
Luckly I've stayed no more than 3 months at a time (one trip could be 5 months but for sure not 6 to the USA!)

I've got my entries etc. Only going to 2014 though. USA has a nice online DB but funnily enough the information I got from Canada a few years ago is not complete. There's trips I have recorded that are NOT in the canada entries and exits that they supplied me.

I'm 99% sure I've got all the overnight and longer trips. it's the pesky day trips that are going to sink me. I'll submit a LOE as well telling them I've done my best.

Any other suggestions? It's literally keeping me up tonight.
Two things:

1) If you've got the records and there are trips that aren't in any database, I wouldn't stress about it. Do as you say and submit an LoE. To put this into perspective, it's worthwhile remembering why CIC want the trip data: to see if they need a PCC from a specific country and to identify any "dubious" countries that you may have traveled to. I'm sure they won't stress about some day trips into the US that you may or may not have taken.

2) You do not need to submit a PCC upfront if you are sure you have never been there for more than 5 months (technically, you would only need it if you have resided there, but that's another discussion). That said, I would still apply for a US PCC now, because 5 months is pretty close to their threshold and they may at their discretion request one anyway after you have submitted the application. If this happens, it will put your application on hold because it takes 3+ months to get the PCC. So better to be prepared even if it turns out to be not required.

shankargv

Star Member
Jun 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2015
There was a post in another thread today, link below. If you've stayed in a country for more than 6 months you need to get PCC. This was said to be 6 months continuous stay but the new rule is if you've stayed 6 months overall (non-consecutive) you still need to get PCC.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cic-updates-instructions-on-procedures-related-to-police-certificates-ee-t397893.0.html

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shankargv said:
There was a post in another thread today, link below. If you've stayed in a country for more than 6 months you need to get PCC. This was said to be 6 months continuous stay but the new rule is if you've stayed 6 months overall (non-consecutive) you still need to get PCC.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cic-updates-instructions-on-procedures-related-to-police-certificates-ee-t397893.0.html
Thanks for the note - I wasn't aware of that.

stubish

Jul 3, 2008
That's an interesting development. I guess I'll get an Aussie check for my wife as well, she's probably done more than 6 months in Aus over the years. However we've never resided there, that would be outside the parameters of her Visa in Aus (and conversely mine in the USA). I'll be interested to see what they say...

thanks for the good info. I was up and bunch last night, managed to get a better picture of my travels.

Stuart

ppahuja

Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stubish said:
That's an interesting development. I guess I'll get an Aussie check for my wife as well, she's probably done more than 6 months in Aus over the years. However we've never resided there, that would be outside the parameters of her Visa in Aus (and conversely mine in the USA). I'll be interested to see what they say...

thanks for the good info. I was up and bunch last night, managed to get a better picture of my travels.

Stuart
Make sure you get your PCC for self/spouse sorted out before hand as getting one from US is lengthy ordeal and you may wish to apply earlier to save time when you actually get ITA. Good luck!!

stubish

Jul 3, 2008
Well, the table on the eapr for will only hold 30 entries. I guess I'm sending in a schedule A at the front end! Any idea where I can download a schedule A? I know I have an old one but is there a new one I can get?

Cheers
Stuart

jazzyapd

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stubish said:
Well, the table on the eapr for will only hold 30 entries. I guess I'm sending in a schedule A at the front end! Any idea where I can download a schedule A? I know I have an old one but is there a new one I can get?

Cheers
Stuart
Hello Stuart,
There's another thread on this forum with ideas on how to handle extensive travel history.

See this post with advice from helpful folks:-
" Post-ITA PR Application: Travel history complications
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 10:45:40 am »
... Where it was suggested to do this:
"Please attach all the travel details in a similar format/template (as in the FORM) in an additional sheet of paper (A4 size) and use an LoE and a cover letter to explain this additional attachment. Take a scan (PDF) of all these and attach (upload) within the application at the appropriate placeholder."

Hope this helps!

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jazzyapd said:
Hello Stuart,
There's another thread on this forum with ideas on how to handle extensive travel history.

See this post with advice from helpful folks:-
" Post-ITA PR Application: Travel history complications
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 10:45:40 am »
... Where it was suggested to do this:
"Please attach all the travel details in a similar format/template (as in the FORM) in an additional sheet of paper (A4 size) and use an LoE and a cover letter to explain this additional attachment. Take a scan (PDF) of all these and attach (upload) within the application at the appropriate placeholder."

Hope this helps!
I did just that and it worked (without me having to send in any additional forms or such).

jazzyapd

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zoide said:
Could you please share the link to that DB?

Thanks
Google 'DHS I94'...you'll see a Department of Homeland Security Consent link. Go to the link and Accept the terms and conditions, then enter your Passport# etc and then click 'get travel history'. You'll see your US arrival departure record. if you changed passports also do the same with the old passport # and you should get records for any travel in/out the US done using the old passport as well. I did this ad was able to get records as far back as 2011.

Zoide

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Costa Rica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jazzyapd said:
Google 'DHS I94'...you'll see a Department of Homeland Security Consent link. Go to the link and Accept the terms and conditions, then enter your Passport# etc and then click 'get travel history'. You'll see your US arrival departure record. if you changed passports also do the same with the old passport # and you should get records for any travel in/out the US done using the old passport as well. I did this ad was able to get records as far back as 2011.
Thanks!

We're supposed to report all the trips in the past ten years though, right?