New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent Application on May 7,2013
IELTS Request
sent with initial application
What if I don't remember the exact days? Can I just mention the month and the year?

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
sbo said:
What if I don't remember the exact days? Can I just mention the month and the year?
Yeah it is already mentioned on the form only month and a year. There is another column write next to it "length" where u can mention the number of days you stayed in that particular country. If you dont remember the exact days just mention approximate number of days. They will verify theirselves.

sbo

Mar 2, 2010
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
This is what the NewDelhi VO asks for-

•Provide a travel history list for you and your family members 18 years of age and older, which includes the date of entry/exit for all the countries visited and the routing.
Note: Countries of transit must also be listed with entry/exit dates.

I think this is a very unreasonable requirement. I mean, I have traveled so much since the age of 18, that I don't even remember the dates of the countries I traveled to, leaving alone the transit places and dates.
I can retrieve the dates of travel(entry and exit) from maybe my passport, Right? What about Transit countries and dates?? Do transit countries stamp our passports too?

It's not that I want to hide any information, but I just don't remember!!!

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
sbo said:
This is what the NewDelhi VO asks for-

•Provide a travel history list for you and your family members 18 years of age and older, which includes the date of entry/exit for all the countries visited and the routing.
Note: Countries of transit must also be listed with entry/exit dates.

I think this is a very unreasonable requirement. I mean, I have traveled so much since the age of 18, that I don't even remember the dates of the countries I traveled to, leaving alone the transit places and dates.
I can retrieve the dates of travel(entry and exit) from maybe my passport, Right? What about Transit countries and dates?? Do transit countries stamp our passports too?

It's not that I want to hide any information, but I just don't remember!!!
You should explain all this in cover letter. Provide maximum information what you have and as I said explain rest in cover letter. I think it will work to convince the VO. People who travel a lot can't sometime remember exactly the dates. So VO understands this.

sbo

Mar 2, 2010
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
canada1234 said:
You should explain all this in cover letter. Provide maximum information what you have and as I said explain rest in cover letter. I think it will work to convince the VO. People who travel a lot can't sometime remember exactly the dates. So VO understands this.
Thank you canada1234 :)

R

rajeev107

@canada1234,
pls correct me if I am wrong.I understand we have to submit all doc including vo checklist to CIO,NS with initial application.I UNDERSTAND CIO will transfer doc physically to concerned VO if it is eligible for processing.Is there is any 2nd submission of doc to VO,SINGAPORE,unless otherwise asked?
Then how come such a requirement of travel history form is need which I couldnt find in VO checklist of singapore?
can u clarify it,
thank you

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
rajeev107 said:
@ canada1234,
pls correct me if I am wrong.I understand we have to submit all doc including vo checklist to CIO,NS with initial application.I UNDERSTAND CIO will transfer doc physically to concerned VO if it is eligible for processing.Is there is any 2nd submission of doc to VO,SINGAPORE,unless otherwise asked?
Then how come such a requirement of travel history form is need which I couldnt find in VO checklist of singapore?
can u clarify it,
thank you
We have to submit just forms to CIO sydney for initial assessment. when we got approval from CIO then we have to submit full docs to our concerned CHC. Now this travel form requirement is for second stage when we submit our full docs to CHC. This form is missing in some CHC guides, but it is mentioned in all CHC checklists. As it is same for all VO so you can download from other CHC guide and fill it accordingly.
Well spot mate. I have just seen that it is not mentioned in CHC singapore checklist. I think CIC makes some mistakes regarding this form. Some CHC checklists mentioned this but form is unavailable at their sites while other dont even mentioned. But this is an essential thing regarding your travel history. The best you can do is this take a print from CHC paris and send accordingly. This will not affect your application but an additional information from your side. For link check my post at start of this thread.

R

rajeev107

canada1234 said:
We have to submit just forms to CIO sydney for initial assessment. when we got approval from CIO then we have to submit full docs to our concerned CHC. Now this travel form requirement is for second stage when we submit our full docs to CHC. This form is missing in some CHC guides, but it is mentioned in all CHC checklists. As it is same for all VO so you can download from other CHC guide and fill it accordingly.
Well spot mate. I have just seen that it is not mentioned in CHC singapore checklist. I think CIC makes some mistakes regarding this form. Some CHC checklists mentioned this but form is unavailable at their sites while other dont even mentioned. But this is an essential thing regarding your travel history. The best you can do is this take a print from CHC paris and send accordingly. This will not affect your application but an additional information from your side. For link check my post at start of this thread.
Dear CANADA1234,
THANK U FOR UR INFO.
BUT I am really afraid to say that post26june2010,we have to submit everything to CIO,NS except PCC.
Pls clear.Anyway THANK YOU FOR THE SUGGESTION

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
@ rajeev
My apologies, I was unaware of new rules.I thought you have applied before 26 june.

shahzadm2

Sep 9, 2010
canada1234 said:
@ rajeev
My apologies, I was unaware of new rules.I thought you have applied before 26 june.
@ canada...
i applied in Feb'10 and got my 1st AOR on April' 10.. sent my documents though on the 6th of August... didnt have this form required by the London office at the time i applied ....

do i need to send this form now??? i did send scanned copies of my visas with my case...

should i email this or send through courier..???

Seddam

Apr 14, 2016
i think IMM5257B have table of previous Travel you can use
cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5257B_1.PDF

mita22

Aug 17, 2017
Hello

I got a new message in MyCIC account to upload a supplementary travel history info form. I had already given them this info while submitting my permanent residency application. But I read that we should provide transit countries as well. Should I include new information or is it better to stick to the information that I had provided earlier?