+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel History, driving me crazy

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
:)

When filling out the profile, it says to 'Provide details of any trips x has taken outside his/her country of origin or of residence in the last ten years'

Basically, my country of origin is India, but in the last 10 years, I've resided in the United Arab Emirates for 8 of those years, and Spain in 2 of those years.

My question is, do trips between the United Arab Emirates and India need to be specified in the travel history?

Thanks!

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
:)

When filling out the profile, it says to 'Provide details of any trips x has taken outside his/her country of origin or of residence in the last ten years'

Basically, my country of origin is India, but in the last 10 years, I've resided in the United Arab Emirates for 8 of those years, and Spain in 2 of those years.

My question is, do trips between the United Arab Emirates and India need to be specified in the travel history?

Thanks!
Also, to make this more complicated, from September 2012 until December 2013, I lived in Spain as a student (with a resident card). I used to return to the United Arab Emirates frequently as I still had a home there (and my girlfriend lived there), do I need to account for those trips as well.

I'm compiling the list of trips I've made so far in an Excel sheet (including intra-European trips), I'm not even 50% done and I'm almost upto 40 rows o_O

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You do not need to report any trips between your country of origin (India) and any other country you have lived: India-UAE; India-Spain.

You do need to report trips outside of your country of origin: UAE-Spain.

You can only live in one place at a time. If you were living/studying in Spain, then you need to report the trips to UAE, where you were not a resident at the time.

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
You do not need to report any trips between your country of origin (India) and any other country you have lived: India-UAE; India-Spain.

You do need to report trips outside of your country of origin: UAE-Spain.

You can only live in one place at a time. If you were living/studying in Spain, then you need to report the trips to UAE, where you were not a resident at the time.
Thanks picklee! That's brilliant!

From what I hear, the travel history section has only 30 entries, does that mean I place the rest in the letter of explanation?

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
Let say

Guy x is in USA from 2009 - 2013. In between he made trips to India for a month in 2010 and a month in 2011. Should one mention those monthly trips too or just mention the stay in usa from 2009 to 2013?

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
Order doesn't matter.
Actually, it does mate :( I just found out to my detriment. After starting with the first set of trips starting from 10 years ago and going in chronological order, I was told that:

Travel history: You have reached the maximum number of records permitted for this table. If you have more data than this table holds, make sure your most recent data is captured.

:eek:

Reactions: Mimi2017