+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel History and Personal Details section - Doubts

vabishek17

Mar 24, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I received an ITA in the most recent draw, and I am in the process of filling out all the forms. I was working my way through the travel history & personal details sections and I had some questions/doubts.

1. Personal details - I am not supposed to leave any gaps in the dates I provide for periods of employment/education/unemployment. I worked as a volunteer (unpaid, lab assistant) in a research institute for six months right after finishing my Bachelors degree. I am not sure under which category it should be mentioned in? Employment or Organization?

2. Travel History - I am from India (country of origin) and I currently reside in the USA (Since Aug 2010). I have traveled between the States and India, and have only those stamps on my passport. So, am I still required to enter the travel dates between the two countries?

Thanks!

otf

Jun 17, 2015
vabishek17 said:
Hello Everyone,

I received an ITA in the most recent draw, and I am in the process of filling out all the forms. I was working my way through the travel history & personal details sections and I had some questions/doubts.

1. Personal details - I am not supposed to leave any gaps in the dates I provide for periods of employment/education/unemployment. I worked as a volunteer (unpaid, lab assistant) in a research institute for six months right after finishing my Bachelors degree. I am not sure under which category it should be mentioned in? Employment or Organization?

2. Travel History - I am from India (country of origin) and I currently reside in the USA (Since Aug 2010). I have traveled between the States and India, and have only those stamps on my passport. So, am I still required to enter the travel dates between the two countries?

Thanks!
Yes you should.

ladybug8888

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vabishek17 said:
Hello Everyone,

Employment. Even if it's not paid it still count as an employment. In Canada you need to have work permit to be able to work as a volunteer

You don't need provide those trips. Only trips outside of your country of origin or country of residence count.

Thanks!

vabishek17

Mar 24, 2017
ladybug8888 said:
Hello Everyone,

Employment. Even if it's not paid it still count as an employment. In Canada you need to have work permit to be able to work as a volunteer

You don't need provide those trips. Only trips outside of your country of origin or country of residence count.

Thanks!
Thank you so much!