+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel health insurance for visiting Sibling

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends, my younger brother (age 28) is travelling to Canada on visitor visa in April. Would be great if the below questions are answered:

1. Does he have to have either travel or health insurance to be able to enter Canada?
  2. If so, which is advisable, Travel or Health?
  3. Which insurance products/companies are good or him for a visit of 5 months?

iCan1

May 7, 2020
Hi ldrbjp,
great to hear about your brother. i am licensed in canada in insurance & investment products & love to spread financial awareness.
regarding your queries :
1. i dont think its mandatory as per law in visitor visa, but always better to cover the travel for unexpected hospitalizations, medical emergency.
2. most companies have visitors to canada insurance , which covers emergency medical visit to hospital.
3. there are alot of options available & price varies based on person health, age , coverage items. its always better to talk. some are big brands , but all canada wide companies follow govt rules etc.
if you need we can have quick chat and you can decide move forward based on information. let me know.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi ldrbjp,
great to hear about your brother. i am licensed in canada in insurance & investment products & love to spread financial awareness.
regarding your queries :
1. i dont think its mandatory as per law in visitor visa, but always better to cover the travel for unexpected hospitalizations, medical emergency.
2. most companies have visitors to canada insurance , which covers emergency medical visit to hospital.
3. there are alot of options available & price varies based on person health, age , coverage items. its always better to talk. some are big brands , but all canada wide companies follow govt rules etc.
if you need we can have quick chat and you can decide move forward based on information. let me know.
Advertising your services is against the terms of use of this forum

iCan1

May 7, 2020
Advertising your services is against the terms of use of this forum
i am sorry to see that all you saw is advertising services. i wanted to clarify that i know more of market, being in that domain & my legal association with industry. let know lines & i would avoid them next time. i genuinely want to help people needing similar information.