+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

travel documents VS PR card renewal

black crow

Nov 21, 2010
Leon, i concluded after reading many links on cic website, that application for PR card renewal and application for travel document is almost same.
but here few questions arise.
the travel documents application is sent to local candian embassy in your country ?
decision on travel documents request is made in local embassy or the local embassy send it to CIC case processing centers in canada ?
if IO can not report me with travel documents and as soon as i entered in canada, i applied for PR card renewal with same documents which i submitted with me travel documents application, CIC can or can not refuse me PR card renewal ?
another important question is ,
suppose my PR card is expiring on 25th July 2012.
situation 1 - I stayed hardly 350days inside canada. should i try to enter canada and leave myself upto the IO at airport wether he report me or not ? OR i let the PR card expired and apply for travel documents in local embassy on H and C basis to gurantee the PR card renewal after entering canada ?
situation 2 - I stayed in canada for 34 months, but i have no documents to prove that except entry stamp on my passport. Tax filling of 3 years with zero income in 2 years and little bit in first year. and my PR is going to expire on 25th july 2012. What should i do then ? try to get entry before 25th july 2012 and lived for 2 years and then apply for PR renewal. OR let the pr expired and apply for travel documents with the whatsoever documents i have [as i mentioned before] in local embassy ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should come to Canada before your PR card expires, arrange your health card and drivers license before it expires and stay for a full two years and then apply to renew. That is unless you are absolutely certain that your H&C grounds for not being in Canada will be accepted by immigration.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
black crow said:
but my health and driving licence has expired.
Regardless of if you already had something that is now expired or if you never had, it is a lot easier for you to apply for one if you have a valid PR card than if you wait until it expires, get what I mean?