+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel document reqest help !

gagnogu

Feb 17, 2014
I am Canadian and i spondered a Belgian
when we we living in Belgium. I got the CRP validated.
I went back definitively in Canada before him, in order
to find adapted appartement. So, I gave my adress to CIC
and I reveive the Permanent Resident card of my sponsered belgian in my post box.

Now, after many months of reeducation, he will leave Belgium to stay definitively in
Canada. He must then, request a TRAVEL DOCUMENT since he does not have yet his RP card.

I am completely lost with filling of IMM 5524 document.
------------------------------------------------------

[15] Time spent in Canada
WEll well, since he got the validated CRP, he only were present 1 week. It was the week
used to validate the CRP and then ew went back in Belgium

What to write ? without the risk to be considerated not filling residency obligation ?

[16] Absence while accompanying...
My god my to answer to theses questions ???

When we validated the CRP at PET Airport, I was a resident of Belfium since 10 years. No more a canadian resident.
I accompanied my lover for the validation of the CRP and we went back in Belgium.
SInce 5 months, I came back alone definitively in Canada, and my sponsered lover will come
definitively in Canada alone too, since I am already in Canada. I will not accompaign him for this travel

The Check list
----------------
[6] All passports used in the 5 years before application

My god ! he can not. In Belgium when you receive a new passport, you MUST give
back the old one to the autority.
What to do ???

[8] - Support documents if yo uare accompanying a canadian ...
Do not know what to do here regarding our configuration

Thank !!1
LG

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Your spouse does not require a PR Travel Document. As a visa-exempt Belgian citizen, he can travel to Canada on the strength of his passport alone. Or since you've already received his PR card, you can mail it to him in Belgium.

gagnogu

Feb 17, 2014
we do not have the right to post the RP card .... he could have problem at custom, immigration at PET airport

Matt the Aussie

Mar 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
Med's Request
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2014
LANDED..........
11-04-2014
canuck_in_uk said:
Your spouse does not require a PR Travel Document. As a visa-exempt Belgian citizen, he can travel to Canada on the strength of his passport alone. Or since you've already received his PR card, you can mail it to him in Belgium.
Second this comment.

I would suggest you send the PR card by secure means (not regular mail) to your spouse. Or you could go visit him in Belgium and take it yourself, come back together?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
gagnogu said:
we do not have the right to post the RP card .... he could have problem at custom, immigration at PET airport
You have every right to post the PR card. As I said, he doesn't even need the PR card to come to Canada,

He won't have any problems when he enters Canada, regardless of whether he has his PR card or not.

gagnogu

Feb 17, 2014
It is not a tehcnical problem to send the RP card.
But CIC said that is not legal to send ou bring the RP to somebody outside Canada, especially
if did not live yet in Canada since the CRP is validated)
You may take the chance, but a bad immigration agent could be angry with you
if he detects that the card was provided in a such way. SOme persons had this ba experience...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
As everyone else has said, he doesn't need a travel document to re-enter Canada. He can return to Canada on his passport alone (not travel document or PR card needed).

You're making this a much bigger deal than it really is.

Matt the Aussie

Mar 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
Med's Request
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2014
LANDED..........
11-04-2014
While I understand why you may be cautious, the TD is not correct either because he has not lost his card, nor has it been stolen or destroyed or expired. In fact, where this all went wrong is having the PR card issued in the first place if he was not coming to live in Canada straight away.

Your spouse will be able to arrive as a PR by presenting his visa-exempt Belgian passport as well as his Confirmation of Permanent Residence form. CBSA do not require the PR card, it is to convince commercial airlines that he has a right to travel to Canada.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

gagnogu said:
There is no Canadian law that says you can't mail a PR card outside Canada. It is done thousand of times per year.