May 31, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
Hi,
Is it possible to get multiple PRTD?
My pr card is expired and applied for renewal.
I always live abroad with my canadian spouse so meet the requirment for renewal.
As i have no pr card and need to travel to Canada atleast 3 times in coming months.
So it been possible to obtain multiple entry travel document.Also any idea about prtd from manila.
Thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Usually only single entry but see bottom of text in this link which suggests special circumstances http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5529ETOC.asp#overview

Text extracted from the link

What if I am living outside Canada on a long-term basis?

Usually, PRTD counterfoils are issued for a single entry to Canada. However, you can request a long-term multiple entry PRTD if you:

meet the residency obligation; and
are living outside Canada on a long-term basis (for example, if you are a permanent resident accompanying your Canadian citizen spouse).

Include a cover letter that explains your circumstances and requests a multiple entry PRTD.

Multiple entry PRTD’s cannot extend beyond the expiry date of your passport.

jiyamano

May 31, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
Thanks for reply.
Yes i already gone through this link.
Just curious if some body applied for multiple and granted aswell.
Thanks

sarah2016

Dec 9, 2016
Hi,I think we need to apply for a multiple entry PRTD! apparently there is not that much information on cic.Has any one applied for it before?
TIA

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
sarah2016 said:
Hi,I think we need to apply for a multiple entry PRTD! apparently there is not that much information on cic.Has any one applied for it before?
TIA
It appears that it was only this year that IRCC has implemented what seems to be a routine process for issuing multiple-entry PR TDs. So there is very little anecdotal reporting about it yet. But there has been some, which is to say some have reported they were indeed issued a multiple entry PR TD.

Near the very end of the guide for applying for a PR TD, at the IRCC website, there is some information about multiple-entry PR TDs, and the situation of a PR abroad accompanying a Canadian citizen spouse is the example cited for when a multiple-entry PR TD may be issued.

sarah2016

Dec 9, 2016
dpenabill said:
It appears that it was only this year that IRCC has implemented what seems to be a routine process for issuing multiple-entry PR TDs. So there is very little anecdotal reporting about it yet. But there has been some, which is to say some have reported they were indeed issued a multiple entry PR TD.

Near the very end of the guide for applying for a PR TD, at the IRCC website, there is some information about multiple-entry PR TDs, and the situation of a PR abroad accompanying a Canadian citizen spouse is the example cited for when a multiple-entry PR TD may be issued.
Thank you ,Yes I read the website but no one had any any clue of this so far,even immigration consultant :eek: so I thought there was sth that I did't pay attention .Any way I'm going to ask another consultant as well, will post the result.This is the only option we have to have my husband right to come to Canada with me any time to visit our canadian children over there!!!
Tnk you so much again

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
sarah2016 said:
Thank you ,Yes I read the website but no one had any any clue of this so far,even immigration consultant :eek: so I thought there was sth that I did't pay attention .Any way I'm going to ask another consultant as well, will post the result.This is the only option we have to have my husband right to come to Canada with me any time to visit our canadian children over there!!!
Tnk you so much again
This may not be much help but I applied for a PRTD recently in Hong Kong and was granted a multiple entry PRTD and I didn't even apply for one, not sure the reason why.

sarah2016

Dec 9, 2016
COPRQuestion said:
This may not be much help but I applied for a PRTD recently in Hong Kong and was granted a multiple entry PRTD and I didn't even apply for one, not sure the reason why.
Hi ,Thank you for replying and giving information ,But I'm curious about your situation ,could you give us a summary pls?

TIA

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
sarah2016 said:
Hi ,Thank you for replying and giving information ,But I'm curious about your situation ,could you give us a summary pls?

TIA
What type of information would you like and I'll try and provide as much detail as I can

sarah2016

Dec 9, 2016
COPRQuestion said:
What type of information would you like and I'll try and provide as much detail as I can
Hello again.I saw you landed in 2016!so why did apply for multiple entry travel document?As far as I know PRTD is for PRs who are not in Canada and in any reason dont have PR cards.That's why I was a little bit confused.
Any way I appreciate to let me know how long we have time for the first time travelling to Canada after issuing Multiple entry PRTD?
Thank you

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
sarah2016 said:
Hello again.I saw you landed in 2016!so why did apply for multiple entry travel document?As far as I know PRTD is for PRs who are not in Canada and in any reason dont have PR cards.That's why I was a little bit confused.
Any way I appreciate to let me know how long we have time for the first time travelling to Canada after issuing Multiple entry PRTD?
Thank you
Ah right, yes I landed in September 2016 but it was a soft landing just to activate my PR. I'm moving officially in February 2017. As I wasn't in Canada long enough to receive my PR card I applied for a PRTD for when I travel back. I have actually got my PR card waiting for me now in Canada but to avoid any risk of it getting lost on the way to Hong Kong I'll just travel on my PRTD this time.

I believe my PRTD is multi entry and valid for one year

sarah2016

Dec 9, 2016
COPRQuestion said:
Ah right, yes I landed in September 2016 but it was a soft landing just to activate my PR. I'm moving officially in February 2017. As I wasn't in Canada long enough to receive my PR card I applied for a PRTD for when I travel back. I have actually got my PR card waiting for me now in Canada but to avoid any risk of it getting lost on the way to Hong Kong I'll just travel on my PRTD this time.

[/q

Thank you

harn

Dec 10, 2015
COPRQuestion said:

Hi.. my case is similar to yours.. i landed in september 16 and did a short landing to activate my pr.. i am also officially moving in feb 2017. I also applied for prtd. I have also actually got my PR card waiting for me now in Canada but to avoid any risk of it getting lost on the way to India I'll just travel on my PRTD this time.

Just a simple query: in the prtd, which is affixed in the passport, there is document no. mentioned.... did you get anything other than passport stamped with visa counterfoil where PERMANENT RESIDENT IS mentioned..

Thanks

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
harn said:
Hi.. my case is similar to yours.. i landed in september 16 and did a short landing to activate my pr.. i am also officially moving in feb 2017. I also applied for prtd. I have also actually got my PR card waiting for me now in Canada but to avoid any risk of it getting lost on the way to India I'll just travel on my PRTD this time.

Just a simple query: in the prtd, which is affixed in the passport, there is document no. mentioned.... did you get anything other than passport stamped with visa counterfoil where PERMANENT RESIDENT IS mentioned..

Thanks
Hi there, no I've got nothing else apart from the sticker in my passport.

sarah2016

Dec 9, 2016
Hi all,
My husband got his mutiple PRTD but the validity is only for a year even the passport is valid for 5 years.I t took 65 days in Abu dhabi office.Any idea how long we have time for for the first trip and can we apply for his PRCard in Canada while the Multiple is valid for a year?Thank you for your all information