+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel Document - Help

rsslove

Jul 27, 2010
Hello,

I am really confused and sad, as my Travel document application was recently rejected.

Here is my situation:
I got Canadian PR in sept 2004 with my son, but I had to return after 3 months to India as my mother was very sick and there was no one to take care of her that time. My Son is still living and working in Canada.

Now (July 2010) my PR card has already been expired and I have not completed the Residency requirement of 2 years, and I would like to go back to Canada to live with my only Son.
I applied for Travel Document (as now my brother is there to take care of my mother) recently on Humanitarian and Compassionate (H & C) ground but it was refused.
They mentioned that I could appeal if needed, but I am not sure if it is worth it.

Can someone please comment if they have also been refused the Travel Document ?
Has someone actually did an appeal after their Travel Document was refused ?
What are the chances to get the Travel Doc after an appeal ?
what documents/information to provide to make the case stronger?

I will really appreciate if anyone could advise and help me.

Thanks in advance and waiting for a reply.

Regards.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rsslove said:
Hello,

I am really confused and sad, as my Travel document application was recently rejected.

Here is my situation:
I got Canadian PR in sept 2004 with my son, but I had to return after 3 months to India as my mother was very sick and there was no one to take care of her that time. My Son is still living and working in Canada.

Now (July 2010) my PR card has already been expired and I have not completed the Residency requirement of 2 years, and I would like to go back to Canada to live with my only Son.
I applied for Travel Document (as now my brother is there to take care of my mother) recently on Humanitarian and Compassionate (H & C) ground but it was refused.
They mentioned that I could appeal if needed, but I am not sure if it is worth it.

Can someone please comment if they have also been refused the Travel Document ?
Has someone actually did an appeal after their Travel Document was refused ?
What are the chances to get the Travel Doc after an appeal ?
what documents/information to provide to make the case stronger?

I will really appreciate if anyone could advise and help me.

Thanks in advance and waiting for a reply.

Regards.
1. You have 2 choices, Appeal within 60 days of the date of the refusal letter and hope that there are sufficient grounds for Humanitarian & Compassionate consideration. But you should note the IAD is probably going to consider you a "courier parent" in that the only reason that you emigrated in the first place was to get your son into Canada.
2. Second choice is to have your son submit a sponsorship and a new application, in Delhi you are looking at about 37 months for approval at Mississauga and another 21 months at Delhi.
3. You would probably get an appeal hearing in about a year.

AAA1982

Jul 21, 2014
Ladies/ Gentlemen,

I am a Canadian PR, applied for the certificate of Identity.. But i heared there is certain countries do not recognize it as a travel document, can anyone please give me some tips about which countries i could not visit as a ceritificate of identity holder??!

Thank you very much,