+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel Document Help

James John

Jul 18, 2014
Hello,
I am a minor that left canada and i want to return and settle there. i am under 18 and was compelled to leave due to my parents. Many people have told me its almost impossible to return back is it true? Plus can someone help me fill the TD. and will the TD usually get accepted directly or after the appeal? I just went to canada for 2 weeks
Thank you

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you were removed as a minor and you apply to come back a soon as you are 18 years old, your odds are pretty pretty good.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess if you are under 18 years old your parents have to sign your application, but anyway, yes, your odds are very good ;)

James John

Jul 18, 2014
Hello, I have some new questions after looking at the TD.
1- The First name on my green card is different than that of Passport.
2- What is "other names"?
3- The city i life in has no state/province, should i leave the blank empty?
4- What your permanent address in Canada? i Don't have one is it the one of the place ill live in when i go to uni?
5- In question 13-A? what do they mean?
6-I didn't live in Canada for 730 days, so should i skip questions 14, 15, 16, 17?
Please answer me with details ASAP
And thank you soon much :D

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. You may want to seriously consider not applying for a PRTD but instead enter Canada with your US green card as the forum was not aware of this pertinent information.

2. CBSA may assume you are a regular visitor and just admit you without any issues. Green card holders even if travelling on what would be visit visa required passports are exempted from TRV requirements. Histrionically it seems CBSA agents at the border give a pass on the RO more readily than visa officers assessing PRTD applications. Likely due to the time factor as they need to process the inspection line fast plus they can easily evaluate your credibility at the border as its an in person interaction. Border agent may see a young kid with potential aiming to make it in Canada and decide to give you a break.

3. Once in Canada and not reported at entry you must be prepared to remain without leaving for 730 days to return to RO compliance. Removed as a minor PRTD applications are no longer the slam dunk they used to be. You can get bounced as recent case law has shown. As you were advised back in 2014 historic posts the 'adult' age for CIC is now 19 down from 21. This has in turn narrowed down the timeline to argue that you are applying at the first opportunity upon reaching the age of majority.

James John

Jul 18, 2014
I don't have US green card, my passport requires a visa to enter canada. Plus ill be in canada at the age of almost 17 which is a minor. Im going to study in a uni. i Don't think what you mentioned is a possible option for me

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
James John said:
I don't have US green card, my passport requires a visa to enter canada. Plus ill be in canada at the age of almost 17 which is a minor. Im going to study in a uni. i Don't think what you mentioned is a possible option for me
James John said:
Hello, I have some new questions after looking at the TD.
1- The First name on my green card is different than that of Passport....
What green card are you referring to - I added the caveat that the option I raise is for a US G/C older but if not then proceed with the PRTD.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
James John said:
I meant the name on my expired canadian PR is different from my new passport, like one letter difference
Which one has the error?
If it's your new passport, you should get that fixed if at all possible.

You may want to check with your university (have you been admitted to one yet?) about what documents they require for PRs. PRs do not have to pay international student fees.