+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel Document from Buffalo

TripleP

May 28, 2009
Hi guys,

My girlfriend just landed today as a Canadian PR. The PR Card should come in 4 - 6 weeks, but unfortunately she has to travel to southern USA for university in about 4 weeks, so she might not have her PR Card by then. Moreover, she'll only be there for about a week and she'll be following a pretty tight schedule with a group of people, so things won't be all that conducive to her applying for and getting a travel document while she's there.

We're thinking that getting a travel document for a permanent resident abroad before she leaves on the university trip is the best thing to do. Would you agree? More specifically, we're thinking about driving round-trip from Toronto to Buffalo in the next couple of weeks so that she can get the travel document from Buffalo. So, a few questions:
1) Is her passport and COPR enough for her to return to Canada by car?
2) From their website (http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/detroit/imm/td_information_tv.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=335&menu=L), it appears that we can only apply for the travel document in person at Buffalo. However, they don't appear to list the processing times. Does anybody know the processing times for a travel document at Buffalo? Would it be same day? Has anybody on here obtained a travel document from Buffalo and want to share their experience?

Thanks so much in advance for you assistance!

J1visa

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
Hi,

Does your girlfriend have the Travel Document? I sent the application with my passport my mail to Buffalo on April 5 and till now I did not receive any reply from them though I said in the application that I need to enter Canada on May 1.

azir

Mar 22, 2010
hey J1visa,
good for u
iwant to apply for the travel documnet 2
our seats to reneter canada r booked for first week of july
u got ur travel documnet in 5 weeks do u have any idea if its same in abudhabi too since im residing in UAE.
Also do u thikn it will b a plus if we send our confrmation for the seats along with our application for the travel document
thakns i will b thnkful for ur response.

J1visa

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
azir said:
hey J1visa,
good for u
iwant to apply for the travel documnet 2
our seats to reneter canada r booked for first week of july
u got ur travel documnet in 5 weeks do u have any idea if its same in abudhabi too since im residing in UAE.
Also do u thikn it will b a plus if we send our confrmation for the seats along with our application for the travel document
thakns i will b thnkful for ur response.
You can call them if they have a phone number. I stated that I need to work on 1/5 but they ignored it. If you apply in person, you can have travel documnet in less than 1 week.