+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel Document denied

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
L7 said:
Sometimes CIC response is simply nonsense. Just for a couple of days misunderstanding they waited you for 2 years.
Eventually your PR restored, good luck.
It was not a misunderstanding. The rules call for meeting the residency obligation in any rolling 5 year period. That means he can not just say that he was in Canada for 730 days in his first 5 years as a PR and then stay away for years and keep referring to those 730 days. CIC was justified in refusing him and I assume he only won his appeal because he still meets the definition of a dependent child and because his family lives in Canada.

System32

Jul 7, 2010
L7 said:
Sometimes CIC response is simply nonsense. Just for a couple of days misunderstanding they waited you for 2 years.
Eventually your PR restored, good luck.
Thank You L7. Not a misunderstanding actually, i exceeded my residency obligation, so this procedure had to be followed. Well I'm glad i got my PR back :)

Leon said:
It was not a misunderstanding. The rules call for meeting the residency obligation in any rolling 5 year period. That means he can not just say that he was in Canada for 730 days in his first 5 years as a PR and then stay away for years and keep referring to those 730 days. CIC was justified in refusing him and I assume he only won his appeal because he still meets the definition of a dependent child and because his family lives in Canada.
Hey Leon, quick question, At the end of written decision i received, it says "Name* has not lost his Permanent Residency"

So does this imply that i need to apply for travel document only?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, if you are currently outside Canada and want to return, apply for a travel document and include a copy of the decision.

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
You qualify as a dependent child as long as you are still a full time student and not married at the time you land as a PR. Here are the processing times for dependent children: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/06-fc-children.asp#asia

They could sponsor you now and you will have your PR visa by the time your studies are completed. If you get it fast, you might have to make a quick trip to Canada to land as a PR before your visa expires but you can go back to India and finish your studies because your new PR will allow you to be outside Canada for up to 3 years again before you lose it.
Hlo i had applied for prtd as i was removed as minor by my parents. Its was rejected. As i m 18 years old now . I got my rejected prtd and notice of appeal on 11 jan 2019 . Now i applying for student visa.please tell me id there is any negative effect of rejected prtd upon student visa. Please reply soon
Thankyou

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hlo i had applied for prtd as i was removed as minor by my parents. Its was rejected. As i m 18 years old now . I got my rejected prtd and notice of appeal on 11 jan 2019 . Now i applying for student visa.please tell me id there is any negative effect of rejected prtd upon student visa. Please reply soon
Thankyou
I don't see this poster active in this forum lately. I know he actively replies to some conversations. Something you might want to consider.