+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

travel before landing

kccc

Star Member
May 26, 2010
Hi again,

Just a quick question, although I think this should be no problem. Just want to find out for those who have travelled to other countries after getting your PR visa and before landing at the POE in Canada.

Just plan to travel to Bangkok and Singapore to visit friends and relatives plus a bit of shopping before heading to Canada. This shouldn't be an issue ? Maybe the immigration officer will ask if I've been anywhere in the last 6 months and travelling to the above cities should be ok ?

The only issue is perhaps and hopefully the IOs in other countries don't stamp directly opposite the visa.

thanks again for sharing,
k

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
kccc said:
Hi again,

Just a quick question, although I think this should be no problem. Just want to find out for those who have travelled to other countries after getting your PR visa and before landing at the POE in Canada.

Just plan to travel to Bangkok and Singapore to visit friends and relatives plus a bit of shopping before heading to Canada. This shouldn't be an issue ? Maybe the immigration officer will ask if I've been anywhere in the last 6 months and travelling to the above cities should be ok ?

The only issue is perhaps and hopefully the IOs in other countries don't stamp directly opposite the visa.

thanks again for sharing,
k
No issue at all. These matters carry weightage before PR visa only.
asyousuf