+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel and tourism Diploma

flysahil

Sep 5, 2014
Hi everyone! After a lot of research on this forum and based on my previous experience I have decided to do a travel and tourism diploma. Have looked into SAIT(heard good things about it) who offer one. My question is:

1. Does any current or prospective student who knows a bit about canada can suggest me what college should i choose for the above mentioned diploma. I can't do a degree as I did just XIIth and left Degree after 2 years, So basically (12+2) . My main aim is good education with great job chances within Canada. I know it comes down to oneself but I am ready for it.

2. If I can't find none, can I reach Canada and change my course depending on the current job market.

Thank you for reading and appreciate any input and suggestions.

Stay blessed

Unhappy

Mar 29, 2013
flysahil said:
Hi everyone! After a lot of research on this forum and based on my previous experience I have decided to do a travel and tourism diploma. Have looked into SAIT(heard good things about it) who offer one. My question is:

1. Does any current or prospective student who knows a bit about canada can suggest me what college should i choose for the above mentioned diploma. I can't do a degree as I did just XIIth and left Degree after 2 years, So basically (12+2) . My main aim is good education with great job chances within Canada. I know it comes down to oneself but I am ready for it.

2. If I can't find none, can I reach Canada and change my course depending on the current job market.

Thank you for reading and appreciate any input and suggestions.

Stay blessed
About the only advice I have is to not fool yourself into believing you are going to find a job in T & T in Canada. Like so many other countries, it's considered to be an easier diploma to get and there are lot's of people with that credential, already in Canada, who never found work in the field. under Canadian law, in order to hire a foreigner, the employer has to prove that they could not find workers already in Canada to do that job. What that means is that you will probably never be allowed to stay in Canada after your studies are finished. Getting a student VISA doesn't mean you can stay at the end of your courses. If you want to find work here and get lots of lucrative job offers, before you are even finished the course, go to SAIT. It's a great school but take their Power Engineer 4th Class course and earn an incredible starting wage, even if you don't stay in Canada afterwards.

flysahil

Sep 5, 2014
Thanks for your reply. I kind of anticipated this. Thing is I am applying as a mature student and all my previous work experience is in hospitality industry. Therefore, i thought that ppersuing this diploma will help me get the visa.
Moving on i really want to do something associated with power, petroleum or oil & gas but having no work experience before, high chance of rejection. Thats why i asked if there is a possibility to change the program once i reach canada provided the college accepts me