+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel abroad after starting online classes?

thrigaya

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
Hi

Can students travel abroad for a week for vacation(e.g.,Mexico or Caribbean islands) after moving to Canada and starting classes online? Would there be any issue re-entering Canada on student status?

Reactions: RumezaJ

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
Hi

Can students travel abroad for a week for vacation(e.g.,Mexico or Caribbean islands) after moving to Canada and starting classes online? Would there be any issue re-entering Canada on student status?
Congratulations on your SP approval

Reactions: thrigaya

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi

Would not recommend going on vacation. You could easily get stuck in Mexico or any other country for months as cases of delta increase.

thrigaya

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
Would not recommend going on vacation. You could easily get stuck in Mexico or any other country for months as cases of delta increase.
Hi yes I understand that risk and will definitely consider it…I just wanted to know about traveling abroad on study permit and reentering..Can international students do that under normal circumstances?

Reactions: RumezaJ

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi yes I understand that risk and will definitely consider it…I just wanted to know about traveling abroad on study permit and reentering..Can international students do that under normal circumstances?
Under normal circumstance provided you have valid TRV, yes you can. But as @canucks78 said, with covid and delta variance anything can happen. So its not advised to do so, but no one is stopping you if you want

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Technically yes. CBSA would likely question you about why you travelled when the purpose of your study permit is to study in Canada. Going on vacation during the first 2 weeks of school doesn’t reinforce why you need to be in Canada to do your online studies. Would add if you get delta in many of these countries getting medical care may both be difficult and extremely expensive.