+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transportation from airport to quarantine place

ba2323

Nov 5, 2014
If anyone landed in Canada recently, how did you travel to your quarantine place?
My family and I will be travelling to Canada Toronto beginning of August and I am wondering how to go about transportation. Can we rent a car at the airport?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, but how do you plan to return the rental car? Are you going to rent the car for at least 15 days and idle the car during the quarantine period? Get a taxi or uber will be more economical!

ba2323

Nov 5, 2014
Yes, but how do you plan to return the rental car? Are you going to rent the car for at least 15 days and idle the car during the quarantine period? Get a taxi or uber will be more economical!
We are heading to another city 3hrs from Toronto, so taxi or uber won't work. But a car rental someone can drop it for us at the same rental company in that city.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We are heading to another city 3hrs from Toronto, so taxi or uber won't work. But a car rental someone can drop it for us at the same rental company in that city.
But couldn't you find a quarantine place that is within the range of uber/taxi? When the quarantine period is over, then you can go to the other city!

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
That will be fine, You can quarantine at the location of your choice, rental car is fine. No stops allowed enroute from the airport to the quarantine place. Check with car rental Co., they might come and pick it up.

ba2323

Nov 5, 2014
Update: We managed to fly to Toronto and everything went smooth, my friend got us an Uber to pick the car rental. We didn't get inside rental office, they did everything outside with social distancing and we got the car. Friend already bought us food for the trip and we drove straight to our quarantine place, with only a stop for gas. I dropped the car at the car rental, also they do everything outside and gave me a shuttle back home, I sit at the back and there is a shield to separate driver and me. Our quarantine will end in a few days.

Reactions: Canada2020eh