+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Translation of passport pages - CIC asked to bring to Local office

sammy_2401

Star Member
Jan 18, 2014
Hi,

After about 5 months, my PR card is approved (as per online status), but I received a letter to collect it from local office and the letter is asking to bring the following documents (passports, travel documents, translations, id issued by province, proof of residence - credit card statements etc.) to local office.

Now my question is -

1. I had submitted the translation of passport pages in original along with my application. Do I need to again take an original translation to local office at Toronto? Will they not have it in the local office? I have not traveled since the date of translation.

2. Regarding other documents, I can take all these in original, but do I also need to take copies of them? like credit card statements and other proof of residences like receipts, which I had not submitted along with my application as it was not a requirement for application. (It is a huge task to make copies of all these, and I would like to avoid copies if it is not required).

3. CRA assessment is also in the list of documents to bring to local office. I now have CRA assessment for 2013, which was not available at time of application in January 2014. Is it required also? Along with my application I submitted only 2011 and 2012's CRA assessment, as my residency period starts from 2011 onward.

4. Credit card statements - do I need to take all these up to the date of PR application that is Jan. 2014 or up to the current date?

Appreciate your suggestions, thanks in advance. Regards.

-Sammy

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
sammy_2401 said:
Hi,

After about 5 months, my PR card is approved (as per online status), but I received a letter to collect it from local office and the letter is asking to bring the following documents (passports, travel documents, translations, id issued by province, proof of residence - credit card statements etc.) to local office.

Now my question is -

1. I had submitted the translation of passport pages in original along with my application. Do I need to again take an original translation to local office at Toronto? Will they not have it in the local office? I have not traveled since the date of translation.

2. Regarding other documents, I can take all these in original, but do I also need to take copies of them? like credit card statements and other proof of residences like receipts, which I had not submitted along with my application as it was not a requirement for application. (It is a huge task to make copies of all these, and I would like to avoid copies if it is not required).

3. CRA assessment is also in the list of documents to bring to local office. I now have CRA assessment for 2013, which was not available at time of application in January 2014. Is it required also? Along with my application I submitted only 2011 and 2012's CRA assessment, as my residency period starts from 2011 onward.

4. Credit card statements - do I need to take all these up to the date of PR application that is Jan. 2014 or up to the current date?

Appreciate your suggestions, thanks in advance. Regards.

-Sammy
You have to take whatever it is they have asked you to bring along with you. Essentially, they are going to look at all of your documentation again to see if it does match up with what they have already. This is a form of quality control. If you have some more newer documentation to add to your case, then by all means bring it. A new CRA NOA will only help, not hurt. If you don't show up with your documents the agent might decide they think some or all of your previous submitted info is falsified and deny you your card and decide to look further into it. I would say no matter what a pain it might be to do this now, it might become more of a pain if they decide to look further into your files if you don't bring them the requested info.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The IRPA and regulations have been amended so if CIC ask for a document and you don't bring it then they can make a decision based on what documents are on file. If you have online banking with the relevant institutions it should be fairly easy to print out what is needed. This 'hassle' as explained is easier to deal with than that of a full blown PR Card renewal RQ or an inadmissibility refusal.

sammy_2401

Star Member
Jan 18, 2014
Thanks Msafiri and Alurra71, Ok, I will arrange for all documents and take them along.

One thing I want to know, am I right in assuming that - the documents (that I submitted them along with my PR renewal application to CIC Sydney office) will be available with them at Toronto office.

Appreciate your reply. Thanks in advance.

With best regards.

Sammy